Northview hockey title in jeopardy?

CatAlum

I'm hearing that maybe Northview had some eligibility issues and that there's an investigation ongoing?

Anyone?

Where are you getting this info because I'm hearing from people around here that there is no investigation.

I'm hearing that maybe Northview had some eligibility issues and that there's an investigation ongoing?

Anyone?

I was in BG last week and I heard the same thing--but as many people there were saying it was BS that said it was true. So who knows.

Odds are against it, as only three team titles in any sport have ever been forfeited. I believe the first was St. John's Jesuit hockey in 1999 (Bowling Green awarded title). Another was in 2005 basketball with Columbus Africentric forfeiting (Lutheran East took title). Also in girls basketball, Hathaway Brown forfeited in 2009, with Bexley taking title.

I think being told you won a title weeks or months after losing the title game has to be an odd feeling. I'd guess there would really not be any celebration taking place. A kid on that Lutheran East basketball team in a peedee interview said he just tucked the medal (or trophy) he received months later in a storage bin with other award he earned growing up.