Eastwood 2-1
Elmwood 2-1
Genoa 2-1
Rossford 2-1
Lake 1-2
Fostoria 0-3
Woodmore 0-3

Looks like it is all Otsego now.

Watched the Rossford vs Genoa game on WTOL. Depending on what defense shows up, they’re the best team in the league when at full strength.

Any truth to what I heard about elmwood leaving the nbc for the Blanchard valley conference?

Yes. I have heard that it is pretty much done deal.

I'd imagine Woodmore would want to get out next being the smallest school. They are not even close to the other NBC schools in enrollment once you remove Elmwood.

Football numbers (pre-competitive balance):
Rossford - 218
Fostoria - 207
Eastwood - 189
Otsego - 187
Lake - 185
Genoa - 185
Elmwood - 162
Woodmore - 138

Just don't see Woodmore being willing to stick around. When was their last football championship? Basketball championship? Baseball? Track?...

I can’t think of a single sport in the last several years in which maumee would have won the nbc
If Maumee joined the NBC (which the NBC does not want) they would be competitive in nearly every sport within a few years. Participation in every sport will improve significantly simply because they will no longer have to lose to Perrysburg and Anthony Wayne.

Yes. I have heard that it is pretty much done deal.

I'd imagine Woodmore would want to get out next being the smallest school. They are not even close to the other NBC schools in enrollment once you remove Elmwood.

Football numbers (pre-competitive balance):
Rossford - 218
Fostoria - 207
Eastwood - 189
Otsego - 187
Lake - 185
Genoa - 185
Elmwood - 162
Woodmore - 138

Just don't see Woodmore being willing to stick around. When was their last football championship? Basketball championship? Baseball? Track?...

Sounds like Woodmore and Northwood to the SBC River.

I'd have to think Oak Harbor and Liberty-Benton would be the league's top 2 candidates to replace Woodmore and Elmwood.

You would hope Liberty-Benton would step up and go that route, but they've resisted so far and quite frankly, probably haven't suffered in the post-season because of it. Oak Harbor is an interesting case.

You would hope Liberty-Benton would step up and go that route, but they've resisted so far and quite frankly, probably haven't suffered in the post-season because of it. Oak Harbor is an interesting case.

Oak Harbor/Eastwood/Lake/Rossford/Genoa seems like a pretty solid base to start from - both geographically and in terms of enrollment.

Otsego and Fostoria are kind of outliers. Otsego fits in the NWOAL - maybe they'd replace PH or Delta. Fostoria isn't really competitive in anything and doesn't field teams in every sport. They don't bring much - other than a rich history and a great Chicago-style pizza for the drive home.

Otsego/BG/Eastwood is a pretty solid triangle for rivalries. I say add OH, Maumee, BG and drop Fostoria.

Oak Harbor/Eastwood/Lake/Rossford/Genoa seems like a pretty solid base to start from - both geographically and in terms of enrollment.

Otsego and Fostoria are kind of outliers. Otsego fits in the NWOAL - maybe they'd replace PH or Delta. Fostoria isn't really competitive in anything and doesn't field teams in every sport. They don't bring much - other than a rich history and a great Chicago-style pizza for the drive home.

Otsego/BG/Eastwood is a pretty solid triangle for rivalries. I say add OH, Maumee, BG and drop Fostoria.
Maumee and Bowling Green will not be joining the NBC

Last edited:
I have always felt there are 2 legitimate reasons to leave a league that you have been a longstanding member of
1. Size - you are either to big to get prepared for the post season/winning the league "to easy" or too small, you stand no realistic chance of being competitive based on the numbers you can put on the field or court
2. Travel - The league fits you well size wise, but the amount of money that you are spending on the travel is washing away the advantages. It sucks, but money has to be a factor for tax funded schools
With that in mind I do not see LB leaving, Yes they are border line too large for the BVC, but their success at the state level shows it doesn't really matter. Plus if the BVC can add Elmwood they are swapping out a D7 (Leipsic) for a D5, making staying even better.
I have no idea what OH's situation is, but it could be less travel and more adequately sized schools, so maybe?

It seems that the Northern Buckeye Conference is trying to save its conference. Below is a copy and paste from a local paper.

Elmwood Athletic Conference Considerations – (Last night’s school board meeting) The Blanchard Valley Conference has invited Elmwood and the Northern Buckeye Conference is looking to expand, Superintendent Tony Borton said. The high school principals in the NBC met Tuesday to discuss an expansion plan. Borton said if the NBC added more small schools, it would help Elmwood. The discussion in the conference is whether to add two schools and go to 10 or add four and go to 12, he said. Reynolds said the impact on all sports needs to be considered, not just football.

I like this idea. The plan could be to have a small school division and a larger school division.

Current schools:

Eastwood
Elmwood
Fostoria
Genoa
Lake
Otsego
Rossford
Woodmore

Schools that should/could be considered: (my opinion of course)
Gibsonburg
Lakota
Northwood
Van Buren

Looks the old SLL

Last edited:
If the NBC loses Elmwood and Woodmore the remaining members will be trying to schedule 5 non-league football games. That's a bigger mess.

Partner up with the Bay division of the SBC. Weeks 4 and 5 you have NBC vs SBC Bay.

Results from last night:
Otsego 32 Genoa 0
Eastwood 14 Rossford 0
Lake 30 Elmwood 13
Woodmore 43 Fostoria 36

Otsego continues to roll. They should have favorable matchups come playoff time. Their offense is very solid and they have a defense that is very physical.

Eastwood shutouts Rossford. Wow. Was very impressed with Eastwood defense and not that impressed with Rossford offense. Eastwood grinded away all night and eventually wore down the Bulldogs. Eastwood has a sophomore back that people should be on the lookout for the next few years.

Lake gets a solid win against Elmwood. I bet they wish they could have a do over of week 1. I think the Flyers are a legit team. They hung with and played Otsego tough last week too.

Woodmore/Fostoria....well someone had to win and it sounds like it was a good game. Congrats Wildcats!

Onto Week 5 and we should now playoff pairings by next weekend.

Results from last night:
Otsego 32 Genoa 0
Eastwood 14 Rossford 0
Lake 30 Elmwood 13
Woodmore 43 Fostoria 36

Otsego continues to roll. They should have favorable matchups come playoff time. Their offense is very solid and they have a defense that is very physical.

Eastwood shutouts Rossford. Wow. Was very impressed with Eastwood defense and not that impressed with Rossford offense. Eastwood grinded away all night and eventually wore down the Bulldogs. Eastwood has a sophomore back that people should be on the lookout for the next few years.

Lake gets a solid win against Elmwood. I bet they wish they could have a do over of week 1. I think the Flyers are a legit team. They hung with and played Otsego tough last week too.

Woodmore/Fostoria....well someone had to win and it sounds like it was a good game. Congrats Wildcats!

Onto Week 5 and we should now playoff pairings by next weekend.
Congrats to Eastwood, great game plan and a total mismatch on the sideline. 5’6” Eastwood corner man up with no safety help all night against Rossford 6’3” athlete at WR and Rossford couldn’t figure it out, other than keep running for a yard gain. Tough to watch as a Rossford fan.

Congrats to Eastwood, great game plan and a total mismatch on the sideline. 5’6” Eastwood corner man up with no safety help all night against Rossford 6’3” athlete at WR and Rossford couldn’t figure it out, other than keep running for a yard gain. Tough to watch as a Rossford fan.

I was actually impressed with the job that defensive back did. They tried to go at him but he made some nice plays and broke some passes up. He also had 2 nice catch and runs on offense. He too is just a sophomore.

I was actually impressed with the job that defensive back did. They tried to go at him but he made some nice plays and broke some passes up. He also had 2 nice catch and runs on offense. He too is just a sophomore.
I agree, he did make some nice plays, but in a 7-0 you keep going right at him. At some point the 6’3” kid will win.

He's a very good 3 sport athlete - tough and competitive.

It took a couple of games for Croom to hit his stride last year, and he missed all of the summer, preseason, and the first couple of games with an injury.

Rossford also missing another big, fast WR who moved to Texas over the summer.

Two 6'3" WRs on the outside and you don't throw one fade with 1st and goal from the 8? Having flashbacks to that playoff loss to Delta almost 20 years ago...

Week 4 matchups
Otsego at Rossford
Eastwood at Lake
Woodmore at Elmwood
Genoa at Fostoria

I think we have potentially two very good games this week in Otsego/Rossford and Eastwood/Lake. Otsego and Eastwood are both likely favored to win but Rossford could pull one off at home against the Knights. Their defense is much improved, but they will need to score at least 4 touchdowns to win Friday. I still think the Knights pull it out with a 31-14 type victory but it could be closer.

Lake could give Eastwood some trouble too. Take away their week 1 blunder against Rossford and they would be right in the thick of things right now. Lake will play good defense and slow down Eastwood a bit. I can see this being a 17-14 or 13-10 type of game.

Boy, for the second week in a row Rossford was totally outmatched on the sideline. Your playing straight man with no help and you finally run into a team with decent speed and athletes and great coaching and you give up 60ish? And never once changed a thing? Who would of guessed 2-3 in Rossford after week 5?

Boy, for the second week in a row Rossford was totally outmatched on the sideline. Your playing straight man with no help and you finally run into a team with decent speed and athletes and great coaching and you give up 60ish? And never once changed a thing? Who would of guessed 2-3 in Rossford after week 5?
Me. Refer to post #30 on this thread for greater clarity.

Rossford's D is...well...ugh.

Was a dynamite game for a half.

Both teams do some really nice things offensively. One defense made adjustments at half.

So I know the Williams kid is a sophomore right? And Rossford line is pretty big. Did not take advantage against Otsego's far smaller line(s). How many kids return for Rossford next year? I think I remember hearing about this class coming up so I assume the Bulldogs are young?

Ben Morrison's (junior?) future might be in football rather than basketball. That kid can out jump most in this league and he caught a 15 yard slant last night and turned it into 50 in a hurry. Kid was cruising. Also good to see multiple sports guys. Kid could easily have played the basketball card and be sitting in the stands. Good for him.

Joe Dzerwia is going to make a college very happy some day soon if he does not choose baseball. Legit 6'7" and a lefty. Forgettaboutit.

Last edited:
Rossford's D is...well...ugh.

Was a dynamite game for a half.

Both teams do some really nice things offensively. One defense made adjustments at half.

So I know the Williams kid is a sophomore right? And Rossford line is pretty big. Did not take advantage against Otsego's far smaller line(s). How many kids return for Rossford next year? I think I remember hearing about this class coming up so I assume the Bulldogs are young?

Ben Morrison's (junior?) future might be in football rather than basketball. That kid can out jump most in this league and he caught and 15 yard slant last night and turned it into 50 in a hurry. Kid was cruising. Also good to see multiple sports guys. Kid could easily have played the basketball card and be sitting in the stands. Good for him.

Joe Dzerwia is going to make a college very happy some day soon if he does not choose baseball. Legit 6'7" and a lefty. Forgettaboutit.

So glad these games are on live TV. I watched this one also. Looked like Otsego was able to get them away from their Jr High blitzes and forced them to play a very generic base defense. 2nd or 3rd time I watched Rossford on TV. The result doesn’t suprise me.