Northern Buckeye Conference 2019

My thought is I would like Coach Kidwell and his Redmen back to their heyday. Fostoria always played hard and tough.

Fostoria will never be a winner in football again. The town has very few businesses left, people leaving and plenty of houses for sale. 500 season is the best they can be. Plus they can't buy into Kidwell any more.

Well here we are. Thoughts?

Eastwood - I believe have the most coming back. Two thousand yard rushers are back in the backfield, one of whom is going to UT on football scholarship. A lot returns from a defense last year that was mostly sophomores and juniors.
Genoa - Have to think they will be in the mix. Going back to the pure Wing T with Novotney in backfield will be a good move for them. He is a load. They will find someone to handoff the ball to him.
Rossford - After a 2-8 year, I think they got some young guys some experience and will surprise some people this year.
Lake - They have to replace a lot, and with a new coach. Still should be able to go 6-4. But their first 3 games of the year will tell us a lot about them.
Otsego - Losing their do it all quarterback and a couple stud WR's will definitely hurt. Also lost their best defensive player to graduation. Dzwiera will likely be the new QB but they will have a 6-4 or 5-5 year. They will be tested early with Van Buren and Liberty Center.
Elmwood - Better numbers out this year. They are getting there.
Fostoria - Will be able to beat Woodmore, that will be it.
Woodmore - Do they make it through the season playing 11-man? Can't imagine they have much more than 20 guys out.

Eastwood - I believe have the most coming back. Two thousand yard rushers are back in the backfield, one of whom is going to UT on football scholarship. A lot returns from a defense last year that was mostly sophomores and juniors.
Genoa - Have to think they will be in the mix. Going back to the pure Wing T with Novotney in backfield will be a good move for them. He is a load. They will find someone to handoff the ball to him.
Rossford - After a 2-8 year, I think they got some young guys some experience and will surprise some people this year.
Lake - They have to replace a lot, and with a new coach. Still should be able to go 6-4. But their first 3 games of the year will tell us a lot about them.
Otsego - Losing their do it all quarterback and a couple stud WR's will definitely hurt. Also lost their best defensive player to graduation. Dzwiera will likely be the new QB but they will have a 6-4 or 5-5 year. They will be tested early with Van Buren and Liberty Center.
Elmwood - Better numbers out this year. They are getting there.
Fostoria - Will be able to beat Woodmore, that will be it.
Woodmore - Do they make it through the season playing 11-man? Can't imagine they have much more than 20 guys out.

I agree with most except Woodmore, they will not be going to 8 man. Woodmore has 39 players out and be much improved because of numbers i skill positions.

m

Really looking forward to week 1 with Eastwood vs OG

Statement win by Eastwood over Ottawa Glandorf 21-14.

Rossford, Elmwood, and Otsego all obtained victories as well.

Tough loss for Genoa, and I heard they lost their stud running back as well.

Woodmore seemed to play Northwood fairly tough. That was encouraging to see.

Lake got blanked by Patrick Henry but I think PH is going to be pretty good this year, and that was Lake's first game under a new regime.

After 2 weeks my biggest surprise is Genoa, they took a thumping to Oak Harbor about as bad as Fostoria did week 1. Eastwood is the team we thought they would be, I think they will run through the league farely unfazed. Elmwood is off to a solid 2-0 start, when is the last time that’s happened? Rossford likely to contend for #2 in the league. Otsego has a solid week 2 win against an improved Van Buren squad. Fostoria May surprise some people this season not that I believe they will finish above 500 but they will compete having some great athletes.

Right now I think the league is Eastwoods to win but 2-8 is anybody's guess with teams like Elmwood and Woodmore looking improved while Genoa and Lake may be a little down.

Going into week in the NBC -

Eastwood - no reason why they shouldnt go 10-0. Toughest tests will be Otsego and Rossford, but I think they end up winning those by 17 or more. Rossford probably scares them the most because of last year. Eastwood gets a little unlucky having have Orville, Oak Harbor, and Elyria Catholic in their region this year though.
Otsego - I think they are the 2nd or 3rd best team right now. Solid wins over EVG and Van Buren to start the year but they will truly get tested this week against Liberty Center. More to come on them following Friday night. Might be able to get into the playoffs at 8-2 this year over a potential 10-0 Northwood in D5.
Rossford - They are right there with Rossford, 2nd or 3rd this year. Bear of a game this week against Oak Harbor. If they can make a game out of it, then they are the real deal. But I believe the Rockets roll them by 20. Being D4 this year itll be interesting if they can get in at 8-2 or 7-3 (unlikely IMO).
Elmwood - 4th best team AND they finish higher than Genoa. Royals are improved! Week 4 at Genoa will be huge.
Genoa - 5th this year. What is going on in Comet land? I will pump the brakes a bit though, Bishop Ready is no slouch and Oak Harbor is really good. Comets could finish 3rd.
Lake - rebuilding year for the Flyers under a new coach. May only go 3-7 this year. Will likely start out 0-4 going into Fostoria week 5.
Woodmore - The Wildcats are coming! Could pull an upset here or there. Predicting their first W this year against Lakota on Friday.
Fostoria - Same old same old. Redman hoping to get a W this week against H-L because they will not see another potential win until week 10 vs Woodmore.

Hback out!

Going into week in the NBC -

Eastwood - no reason why they shouldnt go 10-0. Toughest tests will be Otsego and Rossford, but I think they end up winning those by 17 or more. Rossford probably scares them the most because of last year. Eastwood gets a little unlucky having have Orville, Oak Harbor, and Elyria Catholic in their region this year though.
Otsego - I think they are the 2nd or 3rd best team right now. Solid wins over EVG and Van Buren to start the year but they will truly get tested this week against Liberty Center. More to come on them following Friday night. Might be able to get into the playoffs at 8-2 this year over a potential 10-0 Northwood in D5.
Rossford - They are right there with Rossford, 2nd or 3rd this year. Bear of a game this week against Oak Harbor. If they can make a game out of it, then they are the real deal. But I believe the Rockets roll them by 20. Being D4 this year itll be interesting if they can get in at 8-2 or 7-3 (unlikely IMO).
Elmwood - 4th best team AND they finish higher than Genoa. Royals are improved! Week 4 at Genoa will be huge.
Genoa - 5th this year. What is going on in Comet land? I will pump the brakes a bit though, Bishop Ready is no slouch and Oak Harbor is really good. Comets could finish 3rd.
Lake - rebuilding year for the Flyers under a new coach. May only go 3-7 this year. Will likely start out 0-4 going into Fostoria week 5.
Woodmore - The Wildcats are coming! Could pull an upset here or there. Predicting their first W this year against Lakota on Friday.
Fostoria - Same old same old. Redman hoping to get a W this week against H-L because they will not see another potential win until week 10 vs Woodmore.

Hback out!
HB - Think you nailed it. EC, Oak Harbor, Orrville & Eastwood should all make for some excellent 2nd & 3rd round matchups. Also (in the WAY TOO EARLY category), state lined it up where it's almost assuredly going to be R17-R18/ R19-R20 in the semi's again.

Finally into conference play. It will be a different year. I believe Elmwood/Fostoria finish in the upper half and Lake/Genoa in the bottom half. Yikes.

Eastwood 3-0
Elmwood 2-1
Fostoria 2-1
Otsego 2-1
Rossford 2-1
Genoa 0-3
Lake 0-3
Woodmore 0-3

NBC goes 11-13 in non-conference play.

After Non-Conference I believe it goes
1. Eastwood
2. Otsego
3. Rossford
4. Fostoria
5. Genoa
6. Elmwood
7. Lake
8. Woodmore

Really down year for the NBC I believe Eastwood is gonna be the only team to make the playoffs, Otsego will be right on the bubble close game with a solid Liberty Center team. 4-7 here can probably be rearranged in any order.

Some nice matchups this week in teh NBC:

Eastwood at Otsego - Eastwood was tested last week for a half. I expect more of the same but I will still take Eastwood pulling away 42-20. I think their ranking in the state (3rd) is legit. This could be another final four team.
Lake at Fostoria - Toss up game. Lake had a brutal non-con schedule. I think Flyers pull it out 35-28.
Genoa at Woodmore - It is still Genoa and it is still Woodmore. Genoa 35-14.
Elmwood at Rossford - This one will be high scoring. Not a lot of defense played by either team. Elmwood giving up 26ppg and Rossford giving up 29ppg. I'll take the Bulldogs 40-33.

Eastwood dominating otsego was probably my biggest surprise this week, fostoria with a nice victory over Lake. Genoa rolled over Woodmore as expected and Rossford over Elmwood by more than I expected. Still not sure how the league shakes out after Eastwood.

Sounds like Eastwood controlled both sides of the ball. I thought Otsego would at least be able to score a few times. Heard they only had 60 yards offense when game was called in late 3rd qtr. Eastwood had over 400 at that point.

I don’t think anyone in the NBC comes within 20 points of Eagles now. Eastwood biggest concern is now Orrville or Oak Harbor in weeks 12/13.

Sounds like Eastwood controlled both sides of the ball. I thought Otsego would at least be able to score a few times. Heard they only had 60 yards offense when game was called in late 3rd qtr. Eastwood had over 400 at that point.

I don’t think anyone in the NBC comes within 20 points of Eagles now. Eastwood biggest concern is now Orrville or Oak Harbor in weeks 12/13.
That 2nd & 3rd round matchup in region 18 between those 3 is going to be must-see football. Matchups will tell the story, but whoever gets the #1 seed and only has to beat 1 of the 3 to get to Final 4 will be at a huge advantage. Orrville & Oak Harbor both have one good game against D4 opponent left otherwise might be 10-0 for all three teams.

Crickets on here....
Standings going into week 7:
1. Eastwood 6-0 (3-0)
2. Fostoria 4-2 (2-1)
2. Rossford 4-2 (2-1)
2. Genoa 2-4 (2-1)
2. Lake 2-4 (2-1)
6. Otsego 3-3 (1-2)
7. Elmwood 2-4 (0-3)
8. Woodmore 0-6 (0-3)

Looks the most interesting thing is who will get 2nd place. Currently a four-way tie. Rossford vs Fostoria this week should be a good one.

There is also the Eastwood/Genoa game which has a little different feel to it.

I don't see anyone besides Eastwood making the playoffs this year unless Rossford can win out (which includes a win over Eastwood).

eastwood has genoa,lake elmwood and rossford left and i look for eastwood to go 10-0. battle for second between rossford and fostoria for second and if fostoria beats rossford they have genoa,otsego and woodmore so i look for fostoria to take those three and take second place and finish at 8-2.as for playoffs for fostoria i dont know.

Fostoria is not getting in at 8-2. They would've had to went 9-1 to get into R14 this year.

I see them finishing 6-4 at best anyway. They will have tough games with Genoa, Otsego, and Rossford.

Fostoria is not getting in at 8-2. They would've had to went 9-1 to get into R14 this year.

I see them finishing 6-4 at best anyway. They will have tough games with Genoa, Otsego, and Rossford.
Agreed looking at the 4 wins they have none of them are against even .500 team. Eastwood is the only NBC member that will make the postseason. I would like to see a matchup of Eastwood vs. Oak Harbor

Any chatter heading into week 9? Fostoria vs Otsego potentially could be the best matchup. Genoa @ Lake could be a good match up as well. Eastwood and Rossford should roll over Elmwood and Woodmore.

Looks like Rossford will be playing Eastwood in week 10 for a share of the league title and a Division IV playoff berth. Haven't won a league title since the 2002 NLL Championship. Last playoff berth came after beating Eastwood in Week 10 in 2015. Rossford beat Eastwood last year, so I wouldn't expect the Eagles to be looking ahead to Week 11 despite having a playoff spot and a home game pretty much locked up.

As for this week:

Lake over Genoa. Home game for the Flyers and revenge after losing to the Comets twice last year.
Otsego over Fostoria. Should be a close game, but Otsego's sophomore QB is very accurate and seems to be improving every week.
Rossford over Woodmore. Last home game for the Bulldogs. Might be closer than expected with Rossford trying to have everyone healthy for next week.
Eastwood over Elmwood. I think Elmwood is on the rise...they have some talented kids in the younger grades. Eastwood is a machine, though. Hard to slow them down for 4 quarters and tough to score enough to stay with them against a very good defense.