Northeast Ohio vs. America Showcase

They're not an all-star team. They're team that has some players who don't live within the attendance boundary. They're not stealing kids from other communities. Give it a rest
It's an All Star team. Unless you are naive enough to believe it's a coincidence they are a state power and the rest of the league is donkey dung. Guess all the talent in Cleveland just happens to live in the Glenville zone. 🤷‍♂️

For all the hype the organizers have been building around this event, the slate of games that was posted, even if accurate, is really not that exciting. Massillon/Valdosta offers a cool historical aspect, but the rest are pretty blah.

Massillon vs. Valdosta (GA)
Glenville vs. Life Christian Academy (VA)
St. Edward vs. Center Grove (IN)
Archbishop Hoban vs. Clearwater Academy International (FL)

The last matchup is interesting, Catholic vs. Scientology.
Wrong…
Massillon vs Valdosta
Glenville vs IMG
Ed’s vs Aquinas Florida
Hoban vs St John Bosco

Yep. Should be fun. But. The only thing I don't like about this trend is the pressure to stack teams and become "national programs". Slippery slope. Don't necessarily want for Ohio. At least those states normally differentiate public from private or trending that way.
The top tier teams are already stacking teams

The top tier teams are already stacking teams

There is another level. Even beyond what we see here currently. But Hoban vs. Bosco & Ed vs. St. Thomas will offer a gauge but I'm picking the out of staters. I don't see Glenville competing with IMG either. Public power vs. public power of similar size are probably similar in most cases. (I think, but who knows).

Valdosta, despite their recent records and results, are one of the greatest opponents to grace PBTS' hallowed turf. If Massillon is able to beat this Georgian juggernaut that's had three or more losses in six of their last seven seasons, the haters better quiet down

Valdosta, despite their recent records and results, are one of the greatest opponents to grace PBTS' hallowed turf. If Massillon is able to beat this Georgian juggernaut that's had three or more losses in six of their last seven seasons, the haters better quiet down
The most wins in Georgia and the Nation and the most titles in Georgia. Meanwhile you will be watching your team play…. Vanlue 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

If the haters would ever quiet down and not talk about us DAILY on this site that would mean Massillon has become just another irrelevant program and we all know that will NEVER happen !!!

Is this event Week One in the Ohio season? Are they doing it annually? Avon is open Week One of 2024 and I would love to see them in this event! What an awesome way to start a season for the teams involved!