Northeast Ohio Top 25?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Saw this top 25 list for NEO, what do you think?

D_wXRNOWsAACQlN.jpg

Come on now, Massillon is too high, they wouldnt beat Iggy or Mentor. Quite a few of the teams that are listed would struggle to win more than 2 games in the Federal League.

Please. St. Edward could beat Hoban and any other team in the state easily. They have the most talent of everybody and will be hard to stop, which no team will do this year.

Come on now, Massillon is too high, they wouldnt beat Iggy or Mentor. Quite a few of the teams that are listed would struggle to win more than 2 games in the Federal League.
Every team in that top ten would win the Federal League....ironically enough, with the exception of McKinley. Switch Perry and McKinley and Wadsworth, Fitch and Bar erton should all be higher.

Hoban
St Edward
St Ignatius
Mentor
Massillon
Euclid
Avon
McKinley
Kenston
Wadsworth
SVSM
Canfield
Hoover
Maple Hts
Solon
Massillon Perry
Massillon Jackson
Kirtland
Wooster
Strongsville
Hubbard
Orrville
Garfield Hts
Austintown Fitch
Avon Lake

also Girard, Warren Harding, Lake County Perry, Medina Highland, Mentor Lake Catholic, Akron East

Ignatius' schedule does not match the talent coming back, IMO. Didn't have much of a choice, but it's brutal.

Easy example as to why poll titles aren't official. Too much is based upon previous years and not the actual now.

I’ll come back to this post when girard is 3-7 and gets beat by the teams they should have been playing for the last 5 or so years by 30+
Yep. This is the worst time to join this conference, especially after this season when the bottom really drops out.

Any list with Massillon that high loses all credibility. Like every football season Tiger fans think it's still the 70s or 80s and that they are relevant. They will once again crap the bed come playoff time - it's as predictable as the sun rising.

Any list with Massillon that high loses all credibility. Like every football season Tiger fans think it's still the 70s or 80s and that they are relevant. They will once again crap the bed come playoff time - it's as predictable as the sun rising.

??

You are correct, THIS Tiger fan thinks that we are still relevant.

The dark horse team in Northeast Ohio is Medina. Look out for Bees this season.

Their schedule is incredibly tough. Only two teams with losing records from last season. Non-conference is Cleveland Heights, Highland, and Wadsworth - teams that combined to go 25-5. Then you have Mentor, Euclid, and Solon. Even Strongsville is no gimme for Medina. They had a record setting QB last year, now graduated. I have heard about Medina having plenty of numbers and talent in the younger classes. We shall see. But at this point, can one give reasons why Medina should be included in a top 25 pre-season poll?

It isn't easy to try and construct a poll like this in July. I would put Mentor, Eds, and Ignatius all ahead of Massillon if I were making the poll, but it's not a big deal. Euclid and Solon, programs I am more familiar with than most, are both in the top ten. Both teams graduated 90% of their most impactful players from last season. But I can't say that I would expect SVSM, Barberon, Avon Lake, etc. to be better - so I guess you might as well keep the Comets/Panthers in the top ten.

I thought Kenston returned a decent amount from the state championship team though.

This list seems more like name associated then actual players and talent of teams.

Not easy to know every team in the area but at least NEO gives us something to talk about until the season starts. Solid list but definitely some head scratchers. He always seems high on Barberton though.