Northeast District

Swimfan16

I was on swimmeet.com and noticed that the northeast district had really fast times. I then noticed that some of them were D2 swimmers. My question is at Sectionals are Northeast swimmers broken up into D1 and D2 swimmers or do they all swim D1?

I was on swimmeet.com and noticed that the northeast district had really fast times. I then noticed that some of them were D2 swimmers. My question is at Sectionals are Northeast swimmers broken up into D1 and D2 swimmers or do they all swim D1?

They will swim sectional, district & state in their own division. So, University will swim D2 all the way through...even though they would be competitive to win the D1 title. Interestingly, that may change in the future. OHSAA is considering a change that would allow schools like University and Hawken to move up to D1 during the 2 year cycle that the divisions are set for. Apparently in the past both University and Hawken (girls) have made the request to do so. Those are the obvious ones in swimming but their may be other schools in other sports that would make the same request.