North Olmsted Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

IUDOGS

It's May 22, 2013.

Where does the North Olmsted Board of Education stand on getting a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Mike Ptacek at North Olmsted??

A) Candidates??

B) Interviews??

C) Deadline Date??

99 days left before the beginning of he 2013 Ohio High School Football Season.

:crush:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

What makes you believe someone could possibly know already?

The previous coach just took the AD position. He hasn't even had time to change the nameplate on his office door.

This is a good job. Especially if they are in the new D2. They are putting in field turf and there is a lot of football talent in North Olmsted. Quite frankly, I think they underachieved in recent years. The football program is a sleeping giant that could be awakened by a dynamic coach.

This is a good job. Especially if they are in the new D2. They are putting in field turf and there is a lot of football talent in North Olmsted. Quite frankly, I think they underachieved in recent years. The football program is a sleeping giant that could be awakened by a dynamic coach.

Too bad that it's all enrolled at St. Ignatius and St. Edward...

That's the challenge--making the program attractive enough that kids don't want to join one of the two Greater Cleveland All-Star teams. Westlake, the last few years, has proven that it can be done.

Are these kids from CYO schools or public schools to private? I noticed many parents nowadays do not send their kids to CYO grade schools and save up money for the private high schools.

Some of the kids from North Olmsted are going to St. Ignatius or St. Edward, no matter what. There is still more than enough athletic talent at North Olmsted for it to be far more of a factor in their own league than they have been. As was pointed out earlier, they might retain a few of the more football-minded kids that go to the private schools if their football program performed up to its potential.

That could change due to the price increase at the private schools. Hoban is $8800.00 a year

Definitely. The price of Catholic schools is getting beyond the reach of too many, even with sacrifice. The Cleveland Diocese needs to look at the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, where the tuition is set by the diocese at all the schools. It's now at $5,800 per year at all 17 of the high schools. They've also closed schools where there is no longer a Catholic population, and built new schools where the Catholics are at now. There are a few private Catholic schools who charge much more, though, for those who want that option.

That could change due to the price increase at the private schools. Hoban is $8800.00 a year

This is hardly an unreasonable price. It comes down to how much the governing body wants to subsidize the actual cost to educate. $8,800 is almost half of the cost per student in the the Cleveland Public School district.

In the case of St. Edward and St. Ignatius, they would be foolish to reduce their tuition at this time. They are getting the enrollment at their current price point. There could be a point of diminishing return but they are not yet seeing one.

This is hardly an unreasonable price. It comes down to how much the governing body wants to subsidize the actual cost to educate. $8,800 is almost half of the cost per student in the the Cleveland Public School district.

In the case of St. Edward and St. Ignatius, they would be foolish to reduce their tuition at this time. They are getting the enrollment at their current price point. There could be a point of diminishing return but they are not yet seeing one.

I agree about St. Edward, St. Ignatius and a few other of the more elite Catholic schools. They are doing fine. The problem comes when Archbishop Hoban is charging $8,800, or Elyria Catholic is almost $7,300. Their "markets" aren't keeping up with the tuition increases, and the diocese doesn't seem to care. They obviously subsidize at the diocese level in the Philadelphia area, where the tution is more reasonable and the schools are doing much better.

I agree about St. Edward, St. Ignatius and a few other of the more elite Catholic schools. They are doing fine. The problem comes when Archbishop Hoban is charging $8,800, or Elyria Catholic is almost $7,300. Their "markets" aren't keeping up with the tuition increases, and the diocese doesn't seem to care. They obviously subsidize at the diocese level in the Philadelphia area, where the tution is more reasonable and the schools are doing much better.

I wouldn't say they don't care. I agree that the markets may not be keeping up with the tuition increases but it comes down to how much the diocese wants and is able to subsidize.

$7,300.00 at EC isn't an unreasonable price in Lorain County. It's still drastically lower than the cost to educate in Elyria and Lorain. I recognize that such a statement doesn't mean the people of the area are able or willing to afford such costs.

Last edited:
This won't take long, Keith Grabowski was close to getting the O Falls job earlier this year and will quickly move to the top of the list at N.O.

Quite frankly, I think they underachieved in recent years.
Really? Just in recent years? I've been watching this school for almost 10 years and they have rarely played close to their potential.

Really? Just in recent years? I've been watching this school for almost 10 years and they have rarely played close to their potential.

Agree. You can stretch it back a couple of decades, really. They last two coaches, Ptacek and Hollars, had some good teams, but never developed a program that would strongly contend every season. The coach before Hollars...Tom Watts, I believe...typically contended for the SWC title every season.

It's June 04, 2013.

Where does the North Olmsted Board of Education stand on getting a new Head Football Coach to replace Coach Mike Ptacek at North Olmsted??

A) Candidates??

B) Interviews??

C) Deadline Date??

86 days left before the beginning of he 2013 Ohio High School Football Season.

:crush: :crush:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

ANYTHING NEW???

Great hire for the Eagles. As a teacher I love to read quotes like this from the North Olmsted Administration..."invested in the community" and "the expectation is he does the right things here....it's not always about wins and losses." Hats off to NOHS for making an investment in their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.