North East XC District

gatornation

I have been told by a Madison Rep that it is no longer a District site and that the 2 sites that will be hosting are Glen Oak and Lorain County Community College. If so, what will be the dividing line to who goes where? So in D1 there are 5 sites going into 2. Would make sense that Madison would go to Lorain and Trumbull to Glen Oak. What about Medina? Or do they trash the old system and just come up with a new. In D2 there are 4 sites going in to 2. Again, would make senses to send Madison to Lorain and Trumbull to Glen Oak. Not familiar with D3.

I was under the impression that East side would go to Glenoak, and West side to LCCC. That would send Trumbull and Glenoak to Glenoak, with Medina and LCCC to LCCC. Madison would probably be split. Just a guess though. I still think this is a terrible year to start this. In the event that we have a season, and we all hope we do, placing over 50 division 1 schools, so 100 teams, at one site, plus divisions 2 and 3, on the same day seems like a horrific idea.

Gee I guess a lot will depends on LCCC issuing permits for their course. As of right now they are not. October is a few weeks away though. Roughly 3,500 people at a site before you add fans throughout the day. 10 races in one day does not give you enough time to get everyone in and out without overlapping, and running in daylight. Weather delays will really messes it up. All using a handful of port-a-johns. Wouldn't fly today, in October?

I think that this plan is going to be wishful thinking for this year. If there is a postseason at all, the district and regional meets will need to be spread out over days to ensure the minimum # of teams present at one time.

So when will team district site assignments be announced? And when does the seeding/district selection process take place?

Bump. Any update on this? Is the NEDAB considering backtracking on this plan given that it may not be a wise idea to have so many teams congregating at one site?

Again, any updates? It would be nice to know where we are going so we could consider changing our schedule to get on the course before District. I see Glen Oak is up on Baumspage, would be nice to know if I should schedule it. I see LCCC has any early season meet there, would be nice to know if I should schedule it.

Again, any updates? It would be nice to know where we are going so we could consider changing our schedule to get on the course before District. I see Glen Oak is up on Baumspage, would be nice to know if I should schedule it. I see LCCC has any early season meet there, would be nice to know if I should schedule it.
Yeah, schedule both. You are playing the odds. There is no way of knowing what is going on at this time. Right?

Sort of a normal year for the NEDAB. They have been later - much later - in the past.

Our District meet director's daughter ran for us. They have no insights yet, either.

For fun, I got imaginative and took a crack at what teams would possibly go where in NEO Div. 1.
Let's just say to make the numbers work with travel times, it took some creativity.

My observation after doing all of that was... it looked VERY north/south in how they broke down.