North Canton Hoover's Coach Steps Down

WhatsupDoc

Hoover is now looking for a new head coach. I would assume they will get a good list of candidates. I'm sure they will hire someone with a lot of experience. Good Luck All.

I have heard some VERY interesting names thrown around. This doesn't surprise me - as by all accounts, this is an outstanding job.

These were the applicants back in 2012. I expect the pool of applicants to look very different but it wouldn't shock me if a few of them apply again.

With that being said, Hoover decided to go outside the list of applicants in 2012 (Allerding) and it worked well for them.

I heard one of the assistant coaches is interested in it. But isn't sure about the time commitment. I haven't heard any other names. I'm sure there will be several rounds of interviews to do it right.

Has the Repository printed who applied for this job? I've heard a couple of names. Hoover is keeping this pretty hush hush.

Sounds like they might have to settle for their 4th or 5th choice like they did when they hire the coach before Allerding (can't think of coaches name). And if I remember right that didn't go so well.

Sounds like they might have to settle for their 4th or 5th choice like they did when they hire the coach before Allerding (can't think of coaches name). And if I remember right that didn't go so well.
The coach before Allerding was Tim Vick who was previously at Fairless, correct?

I wouldn't be surprised if the hire ends up being someone who didn't originally apply but was someone the AD wanted all along (as was the case for the current boys coach).

I wouldn't be surprised if the hire ends up being someone who didn't originally apply but was someone the AD wanted all along (as was the case for the current boys coach).

Isn't that how Allerding was hired? Didn't she originally apply for it and then was hired? I fully expect that to be the case again. It wouldn't shock me if you see a Malone connection come into the mix (with current AD having coached there in the past).

Malone already has a connection to a new hiring in girls basketball in recent days. Former Malone HC Jason Mishler will be the successor to Dave Schlabach at Berlin Hiland.

Last edited:
NEOsportsfan09, that's interesting. I heard they did reach out to someone who did not apply and they turned it down. See what happens. Maybe there is another big name they are keeping secret.

Last edited:
In today’s coaching circles, there is a saying when it come to the hiring process for those open positions that are considered good: “If you have to apply, then you ain’t gettin it”! Basically, the people behind the hiring will find you.

I saw online that Hoover Hired a GA from Tiffin University to be the new head coach. Kind of surprising. I thought they would go with someone in the area who knows the teams. Sounds like he might not have been the first choice and they had to approach him to take the job.
But he was a head coach for 4 or 5 years. And there is a lot of talent coming up for Hoover. He's in a good situation. Good Luck Coach Mason