Non-Lebron Offseason Talk

Leonard to Toronto is a done deal. The Spurs succeeded in exiling his to Canada for a year.

I wonder if he's going to be a and try to not report, or opt to string along his "injury" after just yesterday people where reporting he may show up to the USA basketball minicamp that's coming up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This now facilitates a trade to the Lakers. Spurs refused to trade with LA...so they'll let Toronto do it while getting a much better return than LA could give.

Unless there's an abundance of assets coming back, I think that Toronto is willing to just play it out and be content with trying to make a deep playoff run.

A big part of this deal appears to be that they wanted out from under DeRozan's contract. They appear to be fine with just clearing the cap space if Leonard has no interest in resigning.

Leonard's people have told Raptors that he will be a good boy and play hard for them this season....but he has NO desire to sign there as a free agent next summer. Raptors will go for it this year but if they do not think they can win the East after 50 games they can still trade him to one of the LA teams as a fallback plan.

OKC has traded Carmelo and a protected 1st round pick in 2022 to Atlanta for Dennis Schroder. Atlanta will waive Carmelo, and he's expected to sign with the Rockets. Mike Muscala goes from Atlanta to Philly, Justin Anderson goes from the 76ers to Atlanta, and Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot goes from the 76ers to OKC.

The pick is top-14 protected, and converts to two second round picks if not conveyed in 2022. OKC saves nearly $100 million in salary and taxes on 'Melo.

Quite a posse being assembled in LA. LeBron and the Dirty Dozen ?

My God...what a herd of head cases Magic Johnson has assembled to surround James. Rondo, McGee, Stevenson, and now Beasley? And let's not forget LaVar Ball warming up in the wings. Beyond Kawhi Leonard, are there any other superstar free agents who hail from Los Angeles? It seems to be the only way he can actually bring in quality players.

Rondo played very well with NOLA last season, though he is a bad fit for a LeBron team as he's a non-shooter. Stephenson is a solid wing, I'm sure he'll look even better next to LBJ. McGee played well for GS, can't think it'll be much different for him and he hasn't done anything recently to be labeled a "head case." Beasley is interesting but again, could benefit from playing with LeBron. For all you guys who said LeBron is the MVP of the league every year - this will be one of those years where it absolutely shows. If this rag-tag bunch wins 50 games it'll be impressive.

These guys definitely need a Hard Knocks type show this year. That would be better than anything that'll happen during the NBA regular season.

My God...what a herd of head cases Magic Johnson has assembled to surround James. Rondo, McGee, Stevenson, and now Beasley? And let's not forget LaVar Ball warming up in the wings. Beyond Kawhi Leonard, are there any other superstar free agents who hail from Los Angeles? It seems to be the only way he can actually bring in quality players.

They need JR so badly, to round out that circus, right ? :laugh:

If he had jacked up a shot off that final rebound and missed it, he might be there by now. Oh well.......

Rondo played very well with NOLA last season, though he is a bad fit for a LeBron team as he's a non-shooter. Stephenson is a solid wing, I'm sure he'll look even better next to LBJ. McGee played well for GS, can't think it'll be much different for him and he hasn't done anything recently to be labeled a "head case." Beasley is interesting but again, could benefit from playing with LeBron. For all you guys who said LeBron is the MVP of the league every year - this will be one of those years where it absolutely shows. If this rag-tag bunch wins 50 games it'll be impressive.

If LBJ actually starts playing off of the ball, as has been claimed once again, Rondo is perfect.

LeBron may let him try, and if he likes what Rondo does, he may allow it.

Rondo can get a few layups with LBJ because he actually has the brain to move without the ball on O without clogging the lane too badly. He'll see every give-and-go that is there, too.

These guys definitely need a Hard Knocks type show this year. That would be better than anything that'll happen during the NBA regular season.

Agree!! - with some "Cribs" mixed in. The Dirty Dozen Does LA. It could be pretty entertaining. Awesomeness awaits.

Mr James could easily produce such an endeavor. Like the "daddy CP3" insurance commercials, with LBJ daddy and Grandpa Magic managing life with The Incorrigibles