No 'Hubbub' About Playing Saturday Night Playoff Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaws31

Because its the fact that the Big Ten is encroaching on sacred ground of high school football on friday nights. High schools, especially private schools, have been playing on Saturdays forever. They know the deal and dont complain about it. This is a stupid article.

Raider6309

Everyone picks their school over OSU that go to high school games. Ohio U always has low attendance if they compete with the county schools games

thavoice

I prefer Saturday playoff games. Make it a long day of it. Hit up some place to watch some college football in the afternoon, food, drinks, visit some areas at, or on the way to the destination. If I had my way, our HS would play all playoff games on Saturday. Friday with work an travel is just too hectic

Jaws31

So some of you feel it was ok for the Big 10 to play games on Friday?
Who said that? Your argument was why aren't people complaining about playing on Saturdays, not that those same people sre ok with Ohio State playing on Friday. Its pretty simple, Ohio State playing on Fridays hurt high school regular season games. In no way shape or form does PLAYOFF games have anything to do with Ohio State games. If you are torn whether to go to your teams playoff game or watch OSU you are probably better off staying home anyway.

Yes it does matter that Ohio State plays on Saturdays...if it hurts on Friday, it should hurt on Saturday, you an't have it both ways...the NFHS (see the story link on the story) they endorse Friday night football, so play all the playoff games on Friday if it is what they want. During October it was mentioned many times Friday nights is is for HS FB

thavoice

Differencr: when OSU plays Friday , it is at night. On Saturday, most times during the day and not conflicting at all just like now, game was over essentially and I , like many fans, are taking off dor the playoff games.

EagleFan

Going...Going...Gone
Yeah, the point is this is a snarky opinion piece. There is real power and influence in Ohio State playing on Friday that surpasses 3 divisions all playing on Saturday. There is no reason to conclude that if the OHSAA objects to Ohio State on Friday, that they can not schedule playoff football on Saturday.

When they went to all Friday night games in 2017 many were not happy. Need any more evidence that the OHSAA is often in a can't-win situation?

Th

Well...Buckeyes play on Saturday night in Big 10 title game...whoops....whose fault is this one going to be on?

'Friday night college football is not right...Friday nights are for HS football, Saturday is for College Football'

No ‘Hubbub’ About Playing Saturday Night Playoff Games

thavoice

Well...Buckeyes play on Saturday night in Big 10 title game...whoops....whose fault is this one going to be on?

'Friday night college football is not right...Friday nights are for HS football, Saturday is for College Football'

No ‘Hubbub’ About Playing Saturday Night Playoff Games
I get the impression the radiodaveagain is the yappi version of Licking County Fan and the PA HS site he "writes" for..

Status
Not open for further replies.