No High School Football 2020

But that could happen in the lunchroom too. And would impact more students at the same time.
A classroom would be the worst of all places, much worse than any sports to be honest if one would sneeze or cough! Hell, in baseball you can stay away from everyone during practice!

Unless the yahoos go out and decide it's over when the weather gets warmer and carelessly spread it again.
I went for a four mile walk this afternoon.

Saw/heard three Eastern Towhees and a single Sandhill Crane.

So risky.

Yeah, i've been pretty good at the social distancing thing too, long before covid-19
when-you-find-out-your-nomal-daily-lifestyle-is-called-quarantine-meme.jpg

I agree, especially considering the number of people who still think that it's a hoax or that it's not that serious, and are deliberately doing everything to disregard safe practices. For anyone who is totally destroyed by the idea of no high school football and want it to start at any cost, here is an activity that you can do to help you chill. It will keep you and everyone else safe, and will get you outside. Have fun!

Football, schmootball.
I've discovered Prancercise!!??

We will be back to life as we know if Mid May. The government does not have the resources to sustain this shutdown, without risking true economic depression. It is not government's job to care for and rear the individual - it's simply not capable of it.

Governors will be shown the hard economic facts. Asked to knock off the daily pressers. Information on the spread / or re-occurance, will slow to a trickle at best. Because of this, all activities will return to as an "as normal as possible" basis. It's one of the benefits, of the death of print media, and the "insider age" of information Decemination.... It takes very few people / suppliers of information to be influenced to change a national narrative.

Not a conspiracy person. I am taking this situation very very seriously. You just have to realize NONE of us are all that important to the picture of the greater whole. Efforts will have been made. Then it will be time to move on.

Hopefully kids are training on their own - for their own mental and physical wellness, as well as to get ready for the Fall Season.

Politicians have offices to pursue - by providing good news. Districts have levies to pass / initiatives to support. Private schools have bills to pay and perspective students to attract. Life will go on... Much sooner than people here may believe. (Just my opinion.)

We will be back to life as we know if Mid May.
There is a ZERO % chance of that happening. I will be shocked if you are allowed to be in a group setting of more then say 300 before June 15. On top of that how long do you think it will be before people will even want to do that even when it’s “ok”.

i was thinking about not having a high school football season (which i think we will, but won’t count on any organized team activities until July). what came to mind is, what if students took an extra year to sustain eligibility? most schools have a credit requirement to play sports anyways. take a few classes, even college classes offered in house, or at the community college. get ahead on high school and college credits, and keep your eligibility. the OHSAA rule states that you can participate in contests until the day you turn 20. most athletes are 17 or 18 playing there senior season, i don’t think eligibility would be an issue. i know i have heard it talked about in my area.

OHSAA only grants eight semesters of eligibility. Those eight semesters count as long as youre in school, whether or not you’re playing a sport that semester. You’d have to withdraw from the high school entirely to keep eligibility in that sense.

OHSAA only grants eight semesters of eligibility. Those eight semesters count as long as youre in school, whether or not you’re playing a sport that semester. You’d have to withdraw from the high school entirely to keep eligibility in that sense.
so if you were enrolled in community college for a year, that would count?

i was thinking about not having a high school football season (which i think we will, but won’t count on any organized team activities until July). what came to mind is, what if students took an extra year to sustain eligibility? most schools have a credit requirement to play sports anyways. take a few classes, even college classes offered in house, or at the community college. get ahead on high school and college credits, and keep your eligibility. the OHSAA rule states that you can participate in contests until the day you turn 20. most athletes are 17 or 18 playing there senior season, i don’t think eligibility would be an issue. i know i have heard it talked about in my area.

Wouldn't most kids just move on with their lives with a year of college under their belts?

The eight semester clock goes by the school calendar years, and it starts the fall of freshman year. Or if an incoming-eighth grade student turns 15 before August 1st and chooses to play for their intended high school, in which case the clock starts then with the conclusion of their eligibility coming at the close of the eighth calendar semester (even if they still have semesters remaining until they can graduate from their high school.) It is NOT the sum total of eight semesters of attended school. You can't sidestep the eight-semester attendance clock by trying to take a semester or school year off and "redshirt."

Last edited:
omg

There is a ZERO % chance of that happening. I will be shocked if you are allowed to be in a group setting of more then say 300 before June 15. On top of that how long do you think it will be before people will even want to do that even when it’s “ok”.
I will be ready to do that on the very first day we are allowed.

I hope that helps.

The eight semester clock goes by the school calendar years, and it starts the fall of freshman year. Or if an incoming-eighth grade student turns 15 before August 1st and chooses to play for their intended high school, in which case the clock starts then with the conclusion of their eligibility coming at the close of the eighth calendar semester (even if they still have semesters remaining until they can graduate from their high school.) It is NOT the sum total of eight semesters of attended school. You can't sidestep the eight-semester attendance clock by trying to take a semester or school year off and "redshirt."
thanks for clarifying, didn’t know if the ohsaa had a rule about that. but you would think it would be a loophole that some parents and kids would look in to

thanks for clarifying, didn’t know if the ohsaa had a rule about that. but you would think it would be a loophole that some parents and kids would look in to

It's not really a loophole, the rule is meant to prevent what is being suggested here. OHSAA would need to grant an exception to do this. Bylaw 4-3-5 is pretty clear. https://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Eligibility/4-3-2345.pdf

I think it's a moot point anyway. I expect in 10 weeks all seniors who were on track will be graduated and the State's obligations will be complete.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but anyone who actually thinks the football season is going to be cancelled is out of their freaking minds. Data is already showing that the spread is slowing, and realistically, I think we'll be back to some semblance of normalcy by about June 1. 1) Because the warmer weather at that point will likely slow any further spread and 2) the American public's collective boredom and the potential state of the economy by that point would likely demand it.