No Buckeyes this year

Starkcountylegend

It's now official:

There will be no Big Ten football in the fall.

Yahoo Sports' Pete Thamel and The Athletic's Bruce Feldman reported the conference's presidents voted to cancel a fall season with the possibility of playing football in the spring.

This comes after Pat Forde and Ross Dellenger of Sports Illustrated reported on Sunday, Aug. 9, that "high-level conference meetings are being planned for this week across the college football landscape with the expected resolution of postponing fall sports until 2021."

Really hope this doesnt impact Ohio High School Football this year, its going to be tough if we lose both OSU and high school football.

I'm good with cancelling, but playing in the spring then playing in the fall again is dumb.

Guys like Fields arent going to play in the SPring and risk injury with the draft upcoming in June. I wonder if the NCAA will grant Big 10 players the right to transfer to schools still playing. Wouldn't it be something if Fields went to LSU following another former Buckeye as QB. If Ohio plays high school football, will kids be allowed to transfer if their schools decide to not play?

If they allow transfers, it’s going to kill recruiting at OSU. Players will play in the SEC and those pondering the NFL are done.

Probably also pretty harmful to the kids to expect them to basically play back to back seasons in 8-9 months. That’s way worse than getting COVID

I think it's funny how everyone jumps the gun. Just wait till the smoke clears fellas and ladies. This could turn out to be one of the best college football years ever!
Have faith.

Other leagues will follow. Osu has taken the lead from day 1 on changes over past 5 months and they all followed. All recruits with stars should be salivating because spring will be a shorter season and opportunity to get right in if you are early enrolly. At osu think of all the athletes that will sit getting ready for pros that open up spots on depth chart to play or rotate

image1.jpeg

Other leagues will follow. Osu has taken the lead from day 1 on changes over past 5 months and they all followed. All recruits with stars should be salivating because spring will be a shorter season and opportunity to get right in if you are early enrolly. At osu think of all the athletes that will sit getting ready for pros that open up spots on depth chart to play or rotate
OSU said they were going to vote no on cancelling.

All recruits with stars should be salivating because spring will be a shorter season and opportunity to get right in if you are early enrolly.

Complete nonsense. The Buckeyes are going to have a lot of decommits and transfers if the SEC and the ACC play in the fall.

Also, how are these kids going to enroll early when they will be playing high school football in the spring. ?

Obviously it's discouraging. A very sad day for the Buckeye fans and B1G fans. I'm assuming we won't be the only league that will announce a similar decision. What worries me most is what could happen if the B1G postpones/cancels but not all leagues do the same. It will set the league back monetarily and recruiting wise. Playing in the spring is not the answer either as the NFL draft is in April. No NFL caliber top prospects will risk injury in the spring.

This has more to do with liability than anything. Unless players would sign waivers the schools were worried about potential lawsuits if something severe happens to a player.

Obviously it's discouraging. A very sad day for the Buckeye fans and B1G fans. I'm assuming we won't be the only league that will announce a similar decision. What worries me most is what could happen if the B1G postpones/cancels but not all leagues do the same. It will set the league back monetarily and recruiting wise. Playing in the spring is not the answer either as the NFL draft is in April. No NFL caliber top prospects will risk injury in the spring.

This will take Ohio State out of national championship contention for years if the SEC plays this fall. The rosters of Big Ten schools are going to be decimated by this if the remaining conferences play.

..and last evening Day said they would explore every avenue, including what Nebraska said they would do in playing outside the conference so I wouldnt put the nail in the coffin yet for OSU

I'm sure Justin Fields has no chance to catch COVID-19 being in casual proximity to some frat dude on campus who was doing keg-stands with 100's of peeps the previous night. ?‍♂️ So in this case, I'm sure the presidents and chancellors will make the rational decision and protect the safety of all students by keeping kids off campus. :ROFLMAO:

This has more to do with liability than anything. Unless players would sign waivers the schools were worried about potential lawsuits if something severe happens to a player.
It's about lost revenue more than anything. I am sure the players would sign whatever was asked of them. I am sure they sign a bunch of stuff already related to concussions, etc.

It's all about money.

This will take Ohio State out of national championship contention for years if the SEC plays this fall. The rosters of Big Ten schools are going to be decimated by this if the remaining conferences play.
With Tennessee picking up Auburn and A&M, I can see OSU picking up some good games as well. They will play. But who is what they looking at now if you ask me.