NHL, playoffs start tonight!

Sharks make it to the Finals because frankly I don't know if anyone can compete.
Ill be pullin for my Blue Jackets anyway though!:) :)

Sharks always choke- i wouldnt be surprised to see them lose to a hot ducks team in the first round. I was dissipointed the capitals lost, I really hope they go far just because i like watching them. Impressive performance by the penguins tonight, they could really do some damage and i wouldnt be surprised to see them in the finals.

Jackets play tonight and Im excited. If they can pull out a game one victory that would be HUGE. lets go jackets

San Jose down 1 game to none.....
Pitt squeaks one out in OT to go up 2-0 over Philly
Carolina and Jersey tied at 1 game a piece

I really want washington to win-i love watching them (and wanted a Caps Penguins match up). After the first couple games it looks like the Wings and Penguins are the most impressive teams but Boston is also looking strong.

What is the biggest shocker so far....

Anaheim up 2-0 on San Jose?
Rangers up 2-0 on Washington?

Vancouver won last night and has a commanding 3-0 lead on St. Louis. Pitt and Philly really heating up, game 4 should be great.....

Biggest shocker to me is Rangers up 2-0 on Washington. Ducks were playing pretty good hockey coming into the playoffs.

That Vancouver team is impressing me.

Caps looked real good last night. 4-0 win. They need to win game 4 to give themselves an oppertunity to dig out of that hole.

Jackets have to win tonight also. I don't think they can win the series but it would be nice to extend the series as long as possible.

Boston, Vancouver, and Detroit advance with sweeps....

Philly wins a big game on the road to Pittsburgh making it 3-2 Pitt in the series.
NJ wins 1-0 at home to go up 3-2 on Carolina

Detroit scores winning goal with under a minute left to win 3-2 in game 1 against Anaheim.

Vancouver defeated Chicago 4-3 after Chicago scores 3 3rd period goals to tie it.

Boston takes a 1-0 lead in their series against Carolina

Pitt and Washington play Saturday at 1.

Washington with a nice win over Pitt.
Ducks win in tripple OT over Detroit(thankfully) opposing team wins in multiple OT=classic. Home fans stunned and dissipointed, i love it.
Chicago wins 6-3(ithink) after being down 2-0. Impressive for such a young team.

Boston goes down 3-0

Oh my,,,,,..... DETROIT just got screwed bigger than sh#t. Scoring with a minute to go, the official waves it off claiming he lost sight of the puck.....gimme a break. The puck was already clearly in the goal by a good distance before the whistle even blew.....How did he lose sight of the puck when the puck was a good 6 to 9 inches away from the goal keeper sitting near the goal line where a REDWINGS player puts it in.....this official needs to step down for the remainder of the Playoffs.......

The ref was out of position, and by rule if he loses sight of the puck he blows the whistle. He was trying to blow the whistle while at the same time the puck went into the net. It sucks that the Red Wings got screwed because of it, but that happens sometimes. He lost sight of the puck because he was out of position/skating into the position and the net was pretty crowded, again it sucks, but he lost sight of the puck, he blew the whistle. And by no means should this ref step down for the remainder of the playoffs, thats just idiotic

The ref was out of position, and by rule if he loses sight of the puck he blows the whistle. He was trying to blow the whistle while at the same time the puck went into the net. It sucks that the Red Wings got screwed because of it, but that happens sometimes. He lost sight of the puck because he was out of position/skating into the position and the net was pretty crowded, again it sucks, but he lost sight of the puck, he blew the whistle. And by no means should this ref step down for the remainder of the playoffs, thats just idiotic

Their are two refs out their, if he is out of position he should of done nothing until he got into position. Their was a shot, it hit of the goalies blocker and was knocked in....it was fast, their was no reason for the whistle to blow....it wasn't like the goalie stopped the puck, a pile of players hit him and the puck squirts free. Their was no reason for that whistle that quick plain and simple, he should do the right thing and step down.
If he doesn't blow the whistle, then replay can determine a good goal or not, by blowing the whistle no replay can be used even though the puck was clearly in way before the whistle blew. This was a game deciding mistake, something Hockey does not need especially when they have replay....he should step down or be suspended.

The puck was not in "way before the whistle blew." What happens if say the ref is a little late to blow a whistle in a similar situation, yet this time the goalie has the puck frozen, a player hits it out of the goalies glove/pads, then scores- Then everyone is still all over the ref. He made a bad call, but that one call did not cost the Wings the game. They had plenty of other opps, but do you really want to see refs step down now because they missed a call?

The puck was not in "way before the whistle blew." What happens if say the ref is a little late to blow a whistle in a similar situation, yet this time the goalie has the puck frozen, a player hits it out of the goalies glove/pads, then scores- Then everyone is still all over the ref. He made a bad call, but that one call did not cost the Wings the game. They had plenty of other opps, but do you really want to see refs step down now because they missed a call?

The puck was clearly over the blue line and almost to the back of the net when the whistle blew. The whistle is in the officials mouth, it doesn't take that long to blow it. Again, if he is not in position, then he is not in the position to blow the whistle at that time. Mistakes happen, but that was the tying goal and an over time was going to determine the winner.

Detroit evens the series at 2 with a 6-3 win over Anaheim....

Vancouver and Chicago are also tied at 2-2......

Ducks even sereis at 3 with 2-1 win over the Wings. A couple of game sevens (pitt and caps, wings and ducks). Very exciting.

Last edited:
What a great night of HOCKEY and GAME 7's....both went down to the wire with the second game going to overtime!!!!!

Detroit moves on to face Chicago, while Carolina upsets #1 seed Boston to face Pittsburgh!!!!!!

Damn, I was sad to see the Bruins lose. Hopefully it's either Pittsburgh/ Detroit or Pittsburgh/Chicago in the finals. For some reason I've always hated the Hurricanes :shrug:

Are you old enough to be a North Star fan?

15 years of resentment is alot of hurt.

Well.....I had one of those old hockey games, you remember them....the ones where the players where on a track that you controlled by rods......one of the teams was the Minnesota Northstars, so I took a liking to them!!!!! I'm a Detroit fan though and hated for one of our rivals to go south.