NFL News

I think the confidence in NE is at an all time low since TB has become the starter.
Was watching the game Sunday. 1:42 to go in the half when the Phins were stopped on 3rd down and the Pats had all 3 TOs and were going to get decent field position.

NE did not call a TO and lost the 40 seconds.
Then on first down did a run play and ran out the clock.

I could not believe it. They could have gotten the ball at the 30 or so with 1:35 or so to go and 2 TOs in a tie game.

Something is afoot in NE.
Bill is coming back to Cleveland.

Ratings for WC weekend we very good, best in 4-5 years.

I was sort of surprised that SEA/Philly was the highest. Maybe 5pm on a Sunday everyone is home to watch? East Coast and West coast represented?

Going into the weekend, to me, was the least attractive game and watching it was the least aesthetical to watch.

Many say that college is their favorite but the WC playoff ratings are higher than the CFB NC game ALMOST every year.

Ratings for WC weekend we very good, best in 4-5 years.

I was sort of surprised that SEA/Philly was the highest. Maybe 5pm on a Sunday everyone is home to watch? East Coast and West coast represented?

Going into the weekend, to me, was the least attractive game and watching it was the least aesthetical to watch.

Many say that college is their favorite but the WC playoff ratings are higher than the CFB NC game ALMOST every year.
More people favor college football in Ohio, because Ohio St. is winning, and Browns, and Bengals are bad

More people favor college football in Ohio, because Ohio St. is winning, and Browns, and Bengals are bad
True.
OSU fans will pretty much always have seasons where they win 90% of their games so of course they go home happy MOST weeks.

I watch and enjoy college, but personally for me the NFL is where it is at. I love watching guys come in and stay for years and years. Yeah, some are (JJhuddle reference) pre-madonna's but overall I enjoy that more than revolving door in college.

True.
OSU fans will pretty much always have seasons where they win 90% of their games so of course they go home happy MOST weeks.

I watch and enjoy college, but personally for me the NFL is where it is at. I love watching guys come in and stay for years and years. Yeah, some are (JJhuddle reference) pre-madonna's but overall I enjoy that more than revolving door in college.

lol at the prima donna dumb yinzer

True.

Personally like the NFL playoffs much more than the CFP, notice the number of Midwest and northern teams still left in the play offs ? Have southern college teams come up north in late Dec. or Jan and see how they do. Plus teams earn the right to make the play offs by how they do in the reg. season not hand picked by so called " experts. "

Best weekend of football is upjn us!
Personally like the NFL playoffs much more than the CFP, notice the number of Midwest and northern teams still left in the play offs ? Have southern college teams come up north in late Dec. or Jan and see how they do. Plus teams earn the right to make the play offs by how they do in the reg. season not hand picked by so called " experts. "

Jimmy Garoppolo passes for 130 yds. Tannehill throws for 70 yds., but both will be playing next week for chance to go to SB. Who needs QB's to win in the NFL.

Jimmy Garoppolo passes for 130 yds. Tannehill throws for 70 yds., but both will be playing next week for chance to go to SB. Who needs QB's to win in the NFL.

It will always be that if you can run the ball you will control the game. Pounding the ball down the field keeping the other teams O on the sideline is the best Defense.
I like the Titans chances next week against whoever wins today

It will always be that if you can run the ball you will control the game. Pounding the ball down the field keeping the other teams O on the sideline is the best Defense.
I like the Titans chances next week against whoever wins today

Funny how that's become the exception to the rule. It sure was fun to watch. Made me think of the old days of Terrell Davis behind the Denver zone blocking.

This coming weekend's games have polar opposite teams playing each other. Green Bay and KC rely mostly on their two QB's to win games for them where as SF and Titans rely on their QB's just to be game " managers ". Will be interesting to see which style moves on to the SB.

This coming weekend's games have polar opposite teams playing each other. Green Bay and KC rely mostly on their two QB's to win games for them where as SF and Titans rely on their QB's just to be game " managers ". Will be interesting to see which style moves on to the SB.

Green Bay has the 23rd ranked run D, so they will have to commit to stopping it and thus make Jimmy G beat them with his arm. Their overall defense looks better than it has been in years, though. Seems like we'll see SF v. KC in the Super Bowl.

Good for him. He can retire at the ripe old age of 28 and never have to work another day in his life.
You would think this is how it should work, but it all comes down to the lifestyle they lived while they played and want to continue to live.

If one wants to live modestly, and like the rest of us, then hell yea they wont have to ever work again but you know that is not how it works for many!

There is a gigantic Free Agent pool of quarterbacks for this coming season. I honestly do not see Phillip Rivers signing with another team. Good career, possibly hall of famer, but I think he's done.