NFL News

Here is the thing: Is he talented enough that when you need a backup QB to come in and run an offense that he can get you through until the starter comes back?

Instead of trotting out QB's who don't have starts in the NFL and you have treat them with kid gloves why wouldn't you want a guy who has been a successful starter in the league as your backup?

Compared to many of the backups in this league, I believe yes. The league has changed a lot in the last few years and a QB running the ball is becoming more and more acceptable.

If believe if people would look at this in a vacuum, take off the racist and political shaded glasses, and just bring up the facts about stats/talent and ask fans if they would want an experienced, relatively young, QB who has brought his team to the SB, and is athletic enough to muddle through and knows how to prepare for games without many snaps in practice because of his experience they would say yes.

BUT too many people have their vision clouded.

As a steelers fan, going into this year if you asked whom I would rather have as a backup to Rapistburger, Rudolph or Kap (or now Kap or Duck) I would go with Kap.

Please, God, let the Stillers sign Kaep

Nathan Peterman being on a team while Kaep was not means absolutely nothing. This is a rhetorical trick people use when trying to play a “card” (sexism, racism, etc.). They point to some sort of perceived disparity and use it as proof of the accusation. It is illogical. Nathan Peterman was in the league for reasons that have nothing to do with Kaep. His spot on a roster wasn’t at the expense of Kaep. It was not the first time a bad player had been on a roster while a supposedly better one was a FA. It happens. It wasn't a conspiracy. It wasn't racism.

Kaep was benched for poor play. He took himself out of the league by first demanding a salary above his skill level and value and second, creating a political circus. He has no one to blame but himself.

Last edited:
Nathan Peterman being on a team while Kaep was not means absolutely nothing. This is a rhetorical trick people use when trying to play a “card” (sexism, racism, etc.). They point to some sort of perceived disparity and use it as proof of the accusation. It is illogical. Nathan Peterman was in the league for reasons that have nothing to do with Kaep. His spot on a roster wasn’t at the expense of Kaep. It was not the first time a bad player had been on a roster while a supposedly better one was a FA. It happens. It wasn't a conspiracy. It wasn't racism.

Kaep was benched for poor play. He took himself out of the league by first demanding a salary above his skill level and value and second, creating a political circus. He has no one to blame but himself.
No, it is not a trick.
If a team believes that Peterman is good enough and deserves a spot, of which at least two teams have, then Kap deserves a spot based on the talent.

Yes, it is a trick, and you’ve fallen for it. Peterman wasn’t demanding $20m a year, Kaep was. Thus, Peterman was signed and Kaep was not. Peterman also didn’t create a political circus. No one wants that distraction, especially when it surrounds the 2nd string QB.

Last edited:
Yes, it is a trick, and you’ve fallen for it. Peterman wasn’t demanding $20m a year, Kaep was. Thus, Peterman was signed (twice) and Kaep was not. Peterman also didn’t create a political circus. No one wants that distraction, especially when it surrounds the 2nd string QB.

agreed. if Kaep had gone to a team and said "I will compete for the starting job but I'm fine if you decide that I'm the backup and I will sign for 5-8 mill per year", he'd be on an NFL roster right now. he might actually be a starter for a team if he let things work themselves out (starter plays poorly and gets pulled so you get your shot or starter gets injured and you get your shot)

it's all on him.

Yes, it is a trick, and you’ve fallen for it. Peterman wasn’t demanding $20m a year, Kaep was. Thus, Peterman was signed and Kaep was not. Peterman also didn’t create a political circus. No one wants that distraction, especially when it surrounds the 2nd string QB.
That demand was all just speculation. Fact that no one would give him a workout proves he was blackball

OK. The NFL is fixed. That no call of pass interference on Baltimore for what should’ve been a DeAndre Hopkins touchdown, and then a failure to reverse it, was absolutely ridiculous. They must want Baltimore to win

Kap did himself a disservice by his presser and moving the workout. We all work with people who always give pushback, defiance to authority. Sometimes you just do what you are told like this workout.

nFl has shown they are not.goinf to overturn many PI challenges. If they call PI, just don't challenge it because on replay you are going to see contact. They just aren't overturning

I have a weird feeling, he’s going to be a Bengal and will actually end up winning 1-2 games, totally ruining their Draft status.

If the Redskins somehow ended up with the first pick, it might be fun to watch a rematch of the Haskins/Burrow battle for starter.

Kap did himself a disservice by his presser and moving the workout. We all work with people who always give pushback, defiance to authority. Sometimes you just do what you are told like this workout.

nFl has shown they are not.goinf to overturn many PI challenges. If they call PI, just don't challenge it because on replay you are going to see contact. They just aren't overturning

Maybe Kaepernick is realizing that he has a better shot for another Nike ad than he does to play quarterback in another NFL game ? It would certainly be a lot easier for him to make his next few million dollars that way. He doesn’t want to slog through another training camp to be a back up, and that’s all he will ever be. He just isn’t good enough. He doesn’t want to put the work in to play at that level any longer. He’s a fraud.

As far as the challenge of pass interference, or the lack of a call, I never did want them to put this in the rules. Now I’m really puzzled why they ever did. The no call of The ravens interference against Hopkins was so bad. Once the officials feel justified by the lack of a reversal, I think a make up call becomes even less likely. The whole situation is just stupid.

Maybe Kaepernick is realizing that he has a better shot for another Nike ad than he does to play quarterback in another NFL game ? It would certainly be a lot easier for him to make his next few million dollars that way. He doesn’t want to slog through another training camp to be a back up, and that’s all he will ever be. He just isn’t good enough. He doesn’t want to put the work in to play at that level any longer. He’s a fraud.

As far as the challenge of pass interference, or the lack of a call, I never did want them to put this in the rules. Now I’m really puzzled why they ever did. The no call of The ravens interference against Hopkins was so bad. Once the officials feel justified by the lack of a reversal, I think a make up call becomes even less likely. The whole situation is just stupid.
He also showed up wearing a shirt that said “Kunta Kinte”, what a ghiz bag. Even Louis Farrakhan thinks that’s over the top.

They like drafting guys with injuries, so it’s hard to disagree.

If he trades down in a couple pick-adding steps, adding solid players and someh still getting Tua, that might not be horrible. Andrew is far from the biggest problem, and he still is serviceable for a while. If you guys finish dead last, I think odds are good he drafts Burrow.

I think Brown won't be able to resist the home-state success story Burrow could become. Dalton would be a good bridge QB as well as something standing between Burrow and a career ending injury behind that awful line. Just hope to hell he's not the next Heath Shuler or David Klingler.

I think Brown won't be able to resist the home-state success story Burrow could become. Dalton would be a good bridge QB as well as something standing between Burrow and a career ending injury behind that awful line. Just hope to hell he's not the next Heath Shuler or David Klingler.
I tend to agree.

Herbert is the best of the three, IMO. Has the size, arm and is mobile enough.

I guess that if guys from the no-D Big 12 can succeed, he might be the best in time, but I'm still more impressed by what Burrow has actually accomplished in game in the past season and a half. The head is the most important when factored in along with these^. Joe Burrow has quick smarts against better competition and also has those qualities^. Still a better prospect for me at this point.

I guess that if guys from the no-D Big 12 can succeed, he might be the best in time, but I'm still more impressed by what Burrow has actually accomplished in game in the past season and a half. The head is the most important when factored in along with these^. Joe Burrow has quick smarts against better competition and also has those qualities^. Still a better prospect for me at this point.

Which means that the Bengals will not draft him.