NFL News

WTF is up with Pat Shurmur? Just saw a press conference with him and he looks like he's frosting/highlighting the tips of his hair yellow. Used to have a touch of gray when he was here in Cleveland.

To get back to talkkng about legit stuff..... We have the new SNF song with C.U. I thought I was some sort of thing where she had to wear a skirt or shorts to show off those legs!!

Big big fail!

I'd say it's his body of work. Including blowing kisses to Colt fans after ejection.

If it's reduced to 8 after appeal, they will cut him anyway.

Exactly. If anyone ever earned a season long suspension, old Vontaze has. Two nice free agent signings for Chucky and Mayock- AB and Burfict.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFuT2MpWoAAolOa?format=jpg&name=large

The Burfict rap sheet:

Sept. 27, 2013 – Fined $10,000 for striking Packers tight end Ryan Taylor in the groin
Sept. 27, 2013 – Fined $21,000 for a hit on defenseless Packers wide receiver James Jones
Nov. 1, 2013 – Fined $21,000 for spearing Jets wide receiver Stephen Hill
Oct. 15, 2014 – Fined $25,000 for ankle-twisting on Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and tight end Greg Olsen
Dec. 18, 2015 – Fined $69,454 for two unnecessary roughness penalties and diving at Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s knee
Jan. 11, 2016 – Fined $50,000 for chin-shot on Ravens tight end Maxx Williams
Jan. 11, 2016Suspended three games for headshot on defenseless Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown, costing him $502,941
Oct. 19, 2016 – Fined $75,000 for stepping on Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount
Nov. 25, 2016 – Fined $12,154 for giving the middle finger to Bills fans in Cincinnati
Aug. 28, 2017 – Suspended three games (reduced from five) for hit on defenseless Chiefs fullback Anthony Sherman in a preseason game, costing him $1,400,469
Oct. 27, 2017 – Fined $12,154 for kicking Steelers fullback Roosevelt Nix
March 16, 2018Suspended four games for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy, costing him $1,839,362
Oct. 19, 2018 – Fined $112,000 for illegal hits on Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown and running back James Conner
Dec. 7, 2018 – Fined $53,482 for lowering his helmet against Broncos fullback Andy Janovich
Sept. 30, 2019 – Suspended at least 12 games, more if the Raiders make the playoffs, for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Colts tight end Jack Doyle, costing him $1,163,787, per

10 years ago that would have not even been a penalty.
Jack Tatum made a career of headhunting. NFL films glorified it by all defenders.

New age today.

It is not as if Burfict hasn't been warned and patiently admonished to change. He just says F__ off every time, eventually. Now he can f__ off, I guess. He'll probably be as dead as Tatum, sooner rather than later.

At some point, doesn't the NFLPA have an obligation to protect dude's opponents, too ?

Last edited:
Needless to say, Brady and Rodgers put their play right out there as still the best QB's out there.

Josh Gordon released by the Pats, establishing that he did indeed eff away the best years of his career.
..and the seahawks had the 27th or 28th spot in the waiver pick up so pretty much the whole league pass over and didnt want him.

I think that speaks volumes as to the true inside story

Has any ever seen a 6-2 team GET 2 points from the oddsmakers when playing a 2-6 team ? lotr's Bills are getting no respect for the wins on their weak first half schedule.

Has any ever seen a 6-2 team GET 2 points from the oddsmakers when playing a 2-6 team ? lotr's Bills are getting no respect for the wins on their weak first half schedule.
Nor should they.
W E A K 6-2 team. W E A K.

I expect the browns to win easily this week.

So the NFL has set up some kind of tryout/Pro Day for Kaepernick this Saturday.

Interesting as I believe they usually do these things during the week. I'd think most pro scouts would be in places like LSU/Alabama (last week) versus checking out a QB who hasn't played in 3 years.

Guess the league is fed up with hearing 'Colin would be a better backup than Brian Hoyer" every time a backup QB comes in. Also looks like the league is calling CK's bluff on his "I've been training/throwing 5+ times a week" claim. Either he still has some skills (except accuracy & reading a defense) or they will see it on Saturday.

The only team I could see him fitting on would be the Ravens because their OC, Greg Roman, got something out of him in SF.

I think the Kaepernick case is more along the lines of teams seeing so many quarterbacks going down and not having a backup ( or being dissatisfied with their #1), but being afraid to bring him in individually, lest they come under criticism from their fan base. The entire situation with his blackballing got out of hand; smart teams know that. Whether or not anyone dare pull the trigger or if he is even in playing shape ( physically or mentally), are yet to be determined.

Last edited:
I guess what I dont understand is being a QB in the NFL is tough enough already but why is everyone saying someone who didnt start in the NFL(when he opted out) and hasnt played in over 2 years such a good QB. Is he? Everyone is afraid to speak the truth. I wouldn't want him for the simple fact I dont think he is good enough or the future to my team(if I was an owner) - that simple. Can care less what color he is or what he does during the anthem.

Interesting as I believe they usually do these things during the week. I'd think most pro scouts would be in places like LSU/Alabama (last week) versus checking out a QB who hasn't played in 3 years.

Guess the league is fed up with hearing 'Colin would be a better backup than Brian Hoyer" every time a backup QB comes in. Also looks like the league is calling CK's bluff on his "I've been training/throwing 5+ times a week" claim. Either he still has some skills (except accuracy & reading a defense) or they will see it on Saturday.

The only team I could see him fitting on would be the Ravens because their OC, Greg Roman, got something out of him in SF.
Yes, it should be done early in the week.

I don't have a problem with this one bit. is CK good enough to be on an NFL roster? Absolutely (assumption comes from his last playing days).
Good enough to be a starter? That remains to be seen. I am a huge believer in the NFL of 'right place, right time, right scheme' for many players.

Any league that has Nathan Peterman as a backup (I realize he is on the IR) in it deserves to have a CK in it as well.

Did I agree with how he was going about things? Absolutely not, but he has that right to kneel (which was suggested by a Spec Ops soldier) and, of course, we as Americans have the right to make our feelings know with what he was doing.

Talent-wise, yes he belonged/belongs. PR/distraction-wise I can understand that plight, but a strong coaching staff/GM/front office can squash that if done correctly.

I guess what I dont understand is being a QB in the NFL is tough enough already but why is everyone saying someone who didnt start in the NFL(when he opted out) and hasnt played in over 2 years such a good QB. Is he? Everyone is afraid to speak the truth. I wouldn't want him for the simple fact I dont think he is good enough or the future to my team(if I was an owner) - that simple. Can care less what color he is or what he does during the anthem.

This is my take. Can't read defenses and isn't accurate. I get thavoice's comment about Nathan Peterman though.

I think the Kaepernick case is more along the lines of teams seeing so many quarterbacks going down and not having a backup ( or being dissatisfied with their #1), but being afraid to bring him in individually, lest they come under criticism from their fan base. The entire situation with his blackballing got out of hand; smart teams know that. Whether or not anyone dare pull the trigger or if he is even in playing shape ( physically or mentally), are yet to be determined.

He was not blackballed. He is not good. He had 0 value as Captain Clipboard when he was the SF back-up. His political posturing created a circus, the media jerk-offs killed his career, but they did get him a nice severance from Nike.

The juice is not worth the squeeze.

This is my take. Can't read defenses and isn't accurate. I get thavoice's comment about Nathan Peterman though.
Here is the thing: Is he talented enough that when you need a backup QB to come in and run an offense that he can get you through until the starter comes back?

Instead of trotting out QB's who don't have starts in the NFL and you have treat them with kid gloves why wouldn't you want a guy who has been a successful starter in the league as your backup?

Compared to many of the backups in this league, I believe yes. The league has changed a lot in the last few years and a QB running the ball is becoming more and more acceptable.

If believe if people would look at this in a vacuum, take off the racist and political shaded glasses, and just bring up the facts about stats/talent and ask fans if they would want an experienced, relatively young, QB who has brought his team to the SB, and is athletic enough to muddle through and knows how to prepare for games without many snaps in practice because of his experience they would say yes.

BUT too many people have their vision clouded.

As a steelers fan, going into this year if you asked whom I would rather have as a backup to Rapistburger, Rudolph or Kap (or now Kap or Duck) I would go with Kap.

.......looks like the league is calling CK's bluff on his "I've been training/throwing 5+ times a week" claim. (except accuracy & reading a defense) or they will see it on Saturday.

He is 32 years old now. He lost a fair amount of bulk last I saw him, and unlike Lamar, he doesn't have top speed and never learned how to dip out like Wilson.