NFL News

Evidently Goodell thinks it best for the League for Tom Terrific to go out with another Super Bowl. They’ll fix it later.

He does owe the Pats for the deflate-gate nonsense. That may have something to do with permitting this.

Cabe thinks the NFL is fixing things for the Patriots. :ROFLMAO:

Actively ? Of course not. Don’t be stupid.

Permitting something that will bring extra eyeballs to screens - absolutely.

If you looked for anything before troll opportunity, you’d recall that before Deflate gate the general consensus was Goodell and Kraft were too cozy.....

Any of this coming back to you ?

You obviously don’t have a full appreciation for the role and powers of the Commissioner.

Evidently Goodell thinks it best for the League for Tom Terrific to go out with another Super Bowl. They’ll fix it later. Their hard cap and large rosters will prevent full NBA-style nonsense, but this is still something that can’t be permitted to become a trend.

He does owe the Pats for the deflate-gate nonsense. That may have something to do with permitting this.
Evidently he thinks this and owes them AB, but he’s just not doing it actively. Lol.

31 teams had a shot at AB, most probably wanted nothing to do with him. To me, I think the Patriots picked him up to keep other teams from getting him. Who knows if he ever even play for them considerable time. But he's one less guy they have to worry about another team getting.

Why in the heck when anything happens do people automatically jump to Goddell and favoring the Patriots?

31 teams had a shot at AB, most probably wanted nothing to do with him. To me, I think the Patriots picked him up to keep other teams from getting him. Who knows if he ever even play for them considerable time. But he's one less guy they have to worry about another team getting.

Why in the heck when anything happens do people automatically jump to Goddell and favoring the Patriots?
Why would the Patriots waste millions of dollars and a roster spot on a guy no one else wanted to sign only to keep him off other teams’ roster and not play him? You should really re-read your posts.

Why would the Patriots waste millions of dollars and a roster spot on a guy no one else wanted to sign only to keep him off other teams’ roster and not play him? You should really re-read your posts.
Insurance, Let's say a contending team like the Chargers, Chiefs, Ravens have an injury with a receiver, and they have a shot to bring Brown in, they do and suddenly they have a weapon that could possibly beat Billicheck. I believe Brown is getting what $9-$12 mill guaranteed? You don't think the Patriots would spend that to keep a player of Brown's calliber away from other teams? Just a thought.

Just to be clear, when I used the word "fix" in the post you quoted, I meant that they would rectify a situation in which a player can get his way after blowing up a legit contract. I realize that you have reading comprehension struggles, so I feel the need to clarify it for you. :(

LOL

The announcement of the signing was about an hour after his release by the Raiders. How much of a salary reduction from Raider money ? He didn't need any time to think things over........and who is his agent ? No need to see if other offers came down the pike for more money, huh ? Seems odd.

Insurance, Let's say a contending team like the Chargers, Chiefs, Ravens have an injury with a receiver, and they have a shot to bring Brown in, they do and suddenly they have a weapon that could possibly beat Billicheck. I believe Brown is getting what $9-$12 mill guaranteed? You don't think the Patriots would spend that to keep a player of Brown's calliber away from other teams? Just a thought.

That's right - in a league with a hard cap spread among 53 men, Tom Brady takes less money than he could get elsewhere so that his team can issue "$9-$12 mill guaranteed" insurance policies.

That's your considered opinion here ?

2Z5.gif

That's right - in a league with a hard cap spread among 53 men, Tom Brady takes less money than he could get elsewhere so that his team can issue "$9-$12 mill guaranteed" insurance policies.

That's your considered opinion here ?

2Z5.gif
The Patriots are in a no lose situation. They signed him, if he works out fine. If not they let him go. It's not like they've not done this before. Chad Johnson, Randy Moss, currently Josh Gordon.

The league loses possibly two marquee QB's yesterday. Drew Brees is out for at least 6 weeks with a thumb injury, and Ben Roethisberger may be out for some time with an elbow injury.

Ben strikes me as the kind of guy who will fight on for too long making himself look silly. Johnny U as a Charger, Joe Willie as a Ram, Big Ben as a ...