NFL News

Thing is, if they allow him back it’s going to happen again. Best to accept they made a mistake and move on.

So AB calls the GM a "cracker" in his heated argument...now he issues an "emotional apology"...and all is supposed to be forgiven? Imagine if a white player called his GM a "n-word", he'd probably be out of the league by now. I'm guessing there are 30 other teams in the league right now who are glad they didn't trade for him.
I'm pretty sure the Raiders are regretting their decision. I'd say yea, you can come back, at $15 mill. He's got to have some kind of punishemnt.

Barry did it again ?
50462BE7-D96B-4D38-8894-4B55EE6028E0.jpeg

Antonio Brown Released by Raiders After Mike Mayock Incident, Drama

Antonio Brown's Oakland Raiders career ended with zero games played as the franchise released the seven-time Pro Bowler on Saturday.

Brown requested his release Saturday morning in a post on Instagram after the Raiders voided the guarantees in his contact by fining him over $215,000 for conduct detrimental to the team.

I heard a caller to Garrett Bush’s radio program on 92.3 this morning paint Antonio Brown as a victim. Bush jumped right on board and they came to the conclusion that AB must be mentally ill from brain injury and that the NFL needs to take care of poor AB.

It’s easy to dislike the NFL hierarchy, but these guys are absurd. I say Brown is just trying to make himself the equivalent of an UFA.

He needs to be suspended completely from the league for blatant disregard for contract and the entire NFL needs to go full Belichick and keep his name out of their mouths as much as possible. Antonio who ?

He just keeps getting away with his crap. Nobody has a backbone. A recipe for chaos.

It sounds as if he met none of his roster participation benchmarks and that the Raiders may get away with not paying him a thing.

They need to petition the NFL for extreme compensatory draft measures.

I just had a thought......what if the NFL made contract scofflaws enter the supplemental draft ? Boxed them out at these absurd end runs at unrestricted free agency ?

Other teams are responsible for the situation the Raiders find themselves in?

Not at all.

It's about containing the situation - which has the potential to screw up the league.

The answer is in forcing contract scofflaws to enter the supplemental draft. There was a legit trade that the player has essentially vetoed after it took place. He did not have trade refusal in his contract and he does not yet have the tenure to call his own shots. Not going to get a year of service so far this year, because he missed his training bonus. Tough sh1t, AB. You fall under the Players' Association Agreement with the League or you are not a player. No way he should be permitted to re-enter the league on his terms.

When he did that interviews months ago I stated that he may have some sort of mental issues as the dude is odd his roxker

When the Steelers get beat out I root for TB12 to win. I know I shouldnt but I respect the hell out of the old dude who still is excelling. Won't b ablt to do that this year.

Play a drinking game tonight, each time they mention AB or show him on SNF!

Not at all.

It's about containing the situation - which has the potential to screw up the league.

The answer is in forcing contract scofflaws to enter the supplemental draft. There was a legit trade that the player has essentially vetoed after it took place. He did not have trade refusal in his contract and he does not yet have the tenure to call his own shots. Not going to get a year of service so far this year, because he missed his training bonus. Tough sh1t, AB. You fall under the Players' Association Agreement with the League or you are not a player. No way he should be permitted to re-enter the league on his terms.
Sounds like he outsmarted the Raiders actually. The NFL owners have an agreement with the players association, they can’t just make up rules after the fact because he found a way to become an ufa.

Sounds like he outsmarted the Raiders actually. The NFL owners have an agreement with the players association, they can’t just make up rules after the fact because he found a way to become an ufa.
He did outsmart them, and lost 20 million in the process but will get a SB ring.

Browns fans should be the most pissed about this as it hurts their cjances

Could the Raiders have voided his signing bonus and keep him on the roster this year out of spite? Wouldn’t have been a smart move, but curious if that’s a route they could have taken.

Hoping everyone understands why Burficts hit on Brown in that playoff game was perfectly legit now.

Could the Raiders have voided his signing bonus and keep him on the roster this year out of spite? Wouldn’t have been a smart move, but curious if that’s a route they could have taken.

Hoping everyone understands why Burficts hit on Brown in that playoff game was perfectly legit now.
Yeah the raiders could have done to that and shoukd have done that and sought a trade. That woulda been the smart thing but I shows how badly hey wanted him out of there immediately

You obviously don’t have a full appreciation for the role and powers of the Commissioner.

Evidently Goodell thinks it best for the League for Tom Terrific to go out with another Super Bowl. They’ll fix it later. Their hard cap and large rosters will prevent full NBA-style nonsense, but this is still something that can’t be permitted to become a trend.

He does owe the Pats for the deflate-gate nonsense. That may have something to do with permitting this.

You obviously don’t have a full appreciation for the role and powers of the Commissioner.

Evidently Goodell thinks it best for the League for Tom Terrific to go out with another Super Bowl. They’ll fix it later. Their hard cap and large rosters will prevent full NBA-style nonsense, but this is still something that can’t be permitted to become a trend.

He does owe the Pats for the deflate-gate nonsense. That may have something to do with permitting this.
Deep State?