NFL News

Two teams left LA the same year in the 90s. The Raiders as a called bluff, while the Rams really did find a better deal in St. Louis (at the time). Raiders really didn't want to move, but were positioning for a new stadium in Los Angeles. Eventually, the bluff was called, and they thought they'd get their 'new stadium' in Oakland instead.

LA goes 20 years without a team, and either the Rams or Raiders would've been welcomed back with a new stadium (nobody wants to sit in the Coliseum during NFL mandated afternoon games in LA). They got the Rams, and should've gotten the Raiders. Instead, the Chargers had the option and turned down every possible stadium deal in San Diego to be the 'little brother' in Los Angeles.

The city wanted nothing to do with them. There's no history there besides ONE season 50+ years ago. At least the Rams and Raiders had history.

Chargers are going to fail. Since the word 'go', they've failed to attract fans. They're unwanted. And now Oakland has already planned to move to Las Vegas. Yet, the Rams want nothing to do with the Raiders in LA because the Raiders would be the favored team.

Ravens -Jaguars on Yahoo sports: not impressed with their telecast, should be able to watch in HD*, not fuzzy 720 that is only clear in a small box, anyone else have this problem?

* My system and internet is high end

Ravens -Jaguars on Yahoo sports: not impressed with their telecast, should be able to watch in HD*, not fuzzy 720 that is only clear in a small box, anyone else have this problem?

* My system and internet is high end

Did not watch, but I imagine this trial balloon - if Yahoo plans to show other games - will improve over time. MLB quality on Yahoo was as good as MLB.com (direct) was last year. Some minor snags seemed to have been worked out.

You really wonder why the Saints even signed Peterson in the first place, he rarely played and they weren't suddenly going to go to the ground and pound game with Brees at QB.

I really don't think anyone can compare the Rams/ Chargers to most of the rest of the NFL. Neither team have a legit fan base now, so how do you expect them to draw fans.

You really wonder why the Saints even signed Peterson in the first place, he rarely played and they weren't suddenly going to go to the ground and pound game with Brees at QB.

Because when he played his last full season he had nearly 1,500 rushing yards, the NFL is moving to a RBC and the Saints didn't know what they had in Alvin Kamara. It was a low risk, high reward signing by the Saints.

Zeke Elliott's 6 game suspension upheld...will have to serve it. I'd like to see a policy that you can appeal your suspension, but if you lose, it's doubled.

Another concussion for the great Luke Kuechle :dang:

Someone needs to offer the smartest defender on the field a coaching job and save him from football. It may break his heart, but it's not worth it to keep on playing and damage himself for life.

Someone needs to offer the smartest defender on the field a coaching job and save him from football. It may break his heart, but it's not worth it to keep on playing and damage himself for life.

That's got to be at least 4 since he's been in the NFL. Plus however many he had in college and high school.

I think it is up to Luke Kuechle to determine what is best for Luke Kuechle and not some wimpy Yappi poster. When you play football with the passion like Kuechle or a Vontaze Burfict their going to suffer a concussion from time to time. But that passion is what makes them great, lets hope the NFL does not start regulating how much emotion players are allowed to play with.

Zeke Elliott's 6 game suspension upheld...will have to serve it. I'd like to see a policy that you can appeal your suspension, but if you lose, it's doubled.

:laugh: 14Red's stupidity strikes again.
Best part is they'll just get another injunction to push this suspension off until next year like they did with Brady.

I think it is up to Luke Kuechle to determine what is best for Luke Kuechle and not some wimpy Yappi poster. When you play football with the passion like Kuechle or a Vontaze Burfict their going to suffer a concussion from time to time. But that passion is what makes them great, lets hope the NFL does not start regulating how much emotion players are allowed to play with.

:laugh: Oh god I'm not even gonna touch this one with a 10 ft pole.

Agree, weirdo seems pretty wimpy.

I am such a wuss........but I fully expect to have all my mental function, such as it is, into my late 80's or further. I wish the same for young Mr Kuechle.

I guess in your world, it's better to burn out than to fade away ? Seems pretty stupid if you're serious, but your priorities are what they are.

Ok folks...I'm confused ( I know, what's new) yesterday in the Jets/ Patriots game, there was a play near the end when a Jet receiver was going for the front corner of the end zone and he lost control of the ball, landed on the pylon. It was originally called a touchdown, but upon review, the ball was clearly loose, and the play was overturned, ruled a fumble into the end zone, touchback.

There has been nothing but whining from many people who I thought knew football, what am I missing???