Darrelle Revis
Joe Thomas
Zach Thomas
DeMarcus Ware
Don Coryell (coach/contributor)
Chuck Howley (senior)
Joe Klecko (senior)
Ken Riley (senior)

Not disagreeing with you, but Deion is already so it's easier for him to have that take. Ken Riley should've been a while ago in my opinion. I'm not sure on BArber and Revis.

Not disagreeing with you, but Deion is already so it's easier for him to have that take. Ken Riley should've been a while ago in my opinion. I'm not sure on BArber and Revis.
Agree about Riley. Revis, yes. Barber, too soon. I hate to see relatively young guys get in when deserving older guys are still waiting.

Instead of HOF it is the HOPDG (Hall of Pretty Darn Good). Revis, Joe Thomas are the only 2 "greats" in this class. An argument can be made for Coryell.

Instead of HOF it is the HOPDG (Hall of Pretty Darn Good). Revis, Joe Thomas are the only 2 "greats" in this class. An argument can be made for Coryell.
And not every old timer deserves it. Klecko had a good career with a very good peak period of about three years or so. Not HOF.

More Browns news from last night:

Followed immediately by the cancel culture article:

Last edited:
Just a quick glance at Klecko’s Wikipedia page has glowing praise from great offensive linemen from his era that faced him. I definitely am prone to being swayed by a player’s contemporaries. I just feel he was borderline.

A guy like Zach Thomas gives me trouble. A lot of production and awards, but did he really dominate games or just make a lot of tackles? I mean, the guy was a football warrior, but did he make guys crap their pants when facing him, like a Butkus, Lambert, etc?

Football is by far the hardest HOF to make a call on; the stats for some positions are tough to quantify and positions have really evolved over the years, most notably WR. Also because of the credit/blame game of a QB and is such an important position it has an outsized representation in the HOF which skews the overall make up. No easy way to make changes but it does allow for some great debate.

I do have one critique and that is the MGMT has an outsized view of their importance to the game and this contributor category is a bunch of BS in my book. Don Coryell had a nice finger print on the game but by no means was he the only one who made the forward pass what it is today, many other coaches came up wit the pieces parts that are the reason that the game has become one that is primarily about passing. And there are still folks arguing that Art Modell should be in the HOF, even if he was still in CLE and the current Browns had the Ravens recent history I would say no way. What did he do? Suggested to play a game on Monday Night? Actually someone else brought that idea to him, he just agreed with it. Was the chair of the media committee and made the owners big $s, that's probably why..

First and foremost - congrats to Joe Thomas! Well deserved as one of the best to ever play the position.

Other than that, the rest of the list was pretty meh to me. I'm ok with Revis as he was a true shut down corner for a couple years. Overall, it always feels like too many players get in the Football Hall of Fame and not enough in the Baseball Hall.

I was curious about Zack Thomas, until I read his stats, and what other greats said about him. After reading all that, my opinion is he should’ve been in sooner than this year.

Another question I have is: If Ken Riley played in the same era as Revis and finished 5th all time in INTs would he have to wait 30 years to get in?

More Browns news from last night:

Followed immediately by the cancel culture article:

Brown should throw whoever wrote that USA Today article off a second floor balcony.

Another question I have is: If Ken Riley played in the same era as Revis and finished 5th all time in INTs would he have to wait 30 years to get in?
DB is almost to the level of OL when it comes to stats being irrelevant to determine HOF status. If a guy is a true lock down CB much fewer passes are thrown in his direction thus less opportunities to get an INT. On the safety side guys many times are in the right place at the right time and get things like end of the game Hail Marys added to their stat line. I spoke to an agent that had a DB client literally have an INT from a Hail Mary taken out of his hands because another player wanted the stat. Another stat that gets fudged by the official scorer is tackles, I remember Mike Junkin would fall on a pile and get credit for a tackle because the team wanted to show that he was contributing. Same goes with the (in)famous 1/2 sack, one guy usually does all the work and another swoops in and grabs an arm or leg and get 1/2 the credit. Unlike baseball and basketball football really is an eye test when it comes to most positions for the HOF>

DB is almost to the level of OL when it comes to stats being irrelevant to determine HOF status. If a guy is a true lock down CB much fewer passes are thrown in his direction thus less opportunities to get an INT. ...............................

Riley's first playoff game, the guy he covered was thrown at ZERO times.
The Raiders lost one game in 82'[it was to the Bengals]; that game they did throw at Riley; he had 3 INT's.

Hall of Fame Knocks : Welcome to Canton; On NFL Channel now (started @ 9).

Saved Joe Thomas for last!

Last edited:
Hall of Fame Knocks : Welcome to Canton; On NFL Channel now (started @ 9).

Saved Joe Thomas for last!

Well, Thomas played 11 seasons all with the Browns: 48 wins, 128 losses, and no playoff appearances so I guess you could say he is use to coming in last!!! Just kidding you Browns fans, Thomas playing 10,363 consecutive snaps at a high level is extremely impressing and deserving of the HOF. Too bad the Browns organization was so incompetent during Thomas career.