NFL and Congress should mandate that contact football starts in the 7th grade.

Stirred not Shaken

Many problems solved by doing so.

Kids, who are not yet mature enough hitting each other is no good. Also, kids mature at different rates and I have seen countless kids who have dropped football because of that very fact. Many of these kids grow to become big mature kids. Many of the little 'studs' do not.

Play flag through 6th grade. Work on throwing, catching, running, moving your feet, etc...Heck, give em helmets for 6th grade so they can get used to it for the next year.

This also solves the majority of coaches at the 3rd through 6th grade teams giving their one big stud 38 pitch tosses a game.
Yeah, the Feds or NFL know how to raise our children better than we do, the whole Hillary Dillary it takes a village to raise a child nonsense. Simple if you don't want your child to play pee wee tackle don't, keep the Feds and NFL out of it.

HSFB Fan

WOW....
Hey lets call it how to make your kid a ____...
First off... The NFL does support and funds Flag Football in their play 60 initiative...
Second...Parents need to parent...Do not look for the government or NFL to tell you how to raise your offspring...
If you do not believe in contact sports....Do not put your kid in them... but keep in mind the sport has more safety built in than it has ever been...

In life the strong to survive and are more successful while generally end up ruling over those that may be a little more sheltered...

Last edited:

Hiflyer

Once again why should large government (liberals) mandate actions some want. Real simple - if you want your kid to play tackle football than should be allowed. If you don’t....... Don’t let them play, but stay out of other people’s wants and pursuit of happiness. I once had a principal tell me he knew what was best for kids and their families - and he was on his third marriage.....