Next Round....who ya got in D-2 Southwest

Wyoming vs Ben Logan - Wyoming wins 3-0

I honestly do not know anything about Ben Logan. Never heard of the school so this is a total guess.

SCD vs Monroe - SCD wins 3-2
Summit has quietly put together a very impressive year. Monroe has a great senior class. This should be a great game. I’ll take SCD’s tournament experience.

Oakwood vs Tipp - Oakwood wins 2-1
This is a story of two VERY different styles. Tipp is big physical direct, Oakwood possession oriented. Quick and technical. I’ll say Oakwood continues their great run and gives Tipp their first loss since 2018.

I suspect Wyoming wins handily. I will say 6-0.
I have not seen SCD, but have seen Monroe 3 times. They are experienced, well coached and skilled. I will take them in a 1-0 upset.
Oakwood has six or seven players who will play at the next level, so their skill set is strong. They are very fast up top, particularly since making a mid season position switch between Purks and Morrissey. They certainly are as fast and skilled as Tippecanoe. Tipp is more physical and their coach certainly knows some of the Oakwood kids very well, having coached them in club play. He is an excellent leader and game planner. They also have not lost since 2018, which means they know how to win. I think Oakwood has been tested more, with a 3-0 win over Carroll, two ties with Monroe and a 1-0 loss with Mariemont. In case it is not obvious, I am writing words as I stall on making the pick.
Okay, I have to decide so, I will take Oakwood 2-0.

I suspect Wyoming wins handily. I will say 6-0.
I have not seen SCD, but have seen Monroe 3 times. They are experienced, well coached and skilled. I will take them in a 1-0 upset.
Oakwood has six or seven players who will play at the next level, so their skill set is strong. They are very fast up top, particularly since making a mid season position switch between Purks and Morrissey. They certainly are as fast and skilled as Tippecanoe. Tipp is more physical and their coach certainly knows some of the Oakwood kids very well, having coached them in club play. He is an excellent leader and game planner. They also have not lost since 2018, which means they know how to win. I think Oakwood has been tested more, with a 3-0 win over Carroll, two ties with Monroe and a 1-0 loss with Mariemont. In case it is not obvious, I am writing words as I stall on making the pick.
Okay, I have to decide so, I will take Oakwood 2-0.
Everyone on all these posts were picking Oakwood. Tipp with the 2-0 victory. They should be the favorite. Who else hasn’t lost in 44 straight games and has given up only 4 goals on the season?

I picked the jacks, but Scott devised a great plan. Marked Goeller all night and made someone else beat them. Oakwood did not have anyone who could. Oakwood middies other than Boukavalus did not play confidently. Scott got up 2 early by attacking Oakwood in the right spot and smartly played d the rest of the way. Tippecanoe had a plan, executed it well and earned the win. Well deserved and i should've anticipated it. Scott knows Goeller well from club play. Tipp is skilled, aggressive and well coached and deserved the win. Tipp of the cap to them.

I picked the jacks, but Scott devised a great plan. Marked Goeller all night and made someone else beat them. Oakwood did not have anyone who could. Oakwood middies other than Boukavalus did not play confidently. Scott got up 2 early by attacking Oakwood in the right spot and smartly played d the rest of the way. Tippecanoe had a plan, executed it well and earned the win. Well deserved and i should've anticipated it. Scott knows Goeller well from club play. Tipp is skilled, aggressive and well coached and deserved the win. Tipp of the cap to them.
Scott led Tipp to the final 4 twice in his playing days now he is leading Tipp to their best stretch since then (1989-1992) where they advanced to the Final 4 in 89, 90, and 92 and were the regional runner up in 91. In the last 5 seasons 2016-2020, Tipp is 98-7-5 with 5 straight Regional appearances, 2 Regional Runner Ups, a Regional Semi-final runner up, a state championship and now another appearance in Regionals.

Last edited:
Scott led Tipp to the final 4 twice in his playing days now he is leading Tipp to their best stretch since then (1989-1992) where they advanced to the Final 4 in 89, 90, and 92 and were the regional runner up in 91. In the last 5 seasons 2016-2020, Tipp is 98-7-5 with 5 straight Regional appearances, 2 Regional Runner Ups, a Regional Semi-final runner up, a state championship and now another appearance in Regionals.
BTW, i do not think anyone thought Oakwood was the favorite. I certainly did not, but i did think they were going to pull the upset. Not the first time i have been incorrect but maybe the last?????