News Flash:Mason wins State !!!

bomb1

:confused: According to the Enquirer this a.m., Mason will "challenge" St. X at State. Thank you Mason Coach Sullivan for creating a very fired up St. X State Team.

I just checked swimmeet.com, and it doesn't appear that they will be able to challenge St. Xavier. Maybe I'm missing something...

You are not missing anything. The sportswriters who cover swimming for the Enquirer know nothing about swimming or the high school swimmers in Cincinnati. Someone tells the reporter that Mason will challenge, they believe it and write it. End of story for them. Mason has a good team but they will not challenge St. X.

Fatsocks,

St. Charles just won the Central District for the first time ever. While they do look impressive, they still have a lot to prove. St. Xavier is the gold standard when it comes to swimming. I am very proud of my Alma Mater... but I hope they can stay focused and try to improve upon their District times. I know coach Goodrich will have the team in the right mindset though. I already have a good set up for the qualifiers from the 200 MR to the 100 fly but without the NE entries on another site. I wish good luck to everyone going into this final week of training.

I believe that the article said that Brower was so impressed by Mason, that he CONSIDERED sending STX's "A" team to the meet.

sportstruth said:
I believe that the article said that Brower was so impressed by Mason, that he CONSIDERED sending STX's "A" team to the meet.

He sent the "A" team because last year he sent the B&C team...after Mason won with their A team, the Mason coach was saying how he beat X

Fly4Fun said:
Fatsocks,

St. Charles just won the Central District for the first time ever. While they do look impressive, they still have a lot to prove. St. Xavier is the gold standard when it comes to swimming. I am very proud of my Alma Mater... but I hope they can stay focused and try to improve upon their District times. I know coach Goodrich will have the team in the right mindset though. I already have a good set up for the qualifiers from the 200 MR to the 100 fly but without the NE entries on another site. I wish good luck to everyone going into this final week of training.
If St. Charles and St. X finish at state in the same positions as they have qualified, St. Charles will win the state meet by a score of 291 - 245!

Yes, St. Charles would win if you gave St. Charles a 60 point bonus for no reason...

Based on the current positions St. Xavier will beat St. Charles 245-231.

yep, and we all know how accurate those are...you remember the projections/results from last year?

X was suppose to lose by 82

X won by 10.5

Fly4Fun said:
Yes, St. Charles would win if you gave St. Charles a 60 point bonus for no reason...

Based on the current positions St. Xavier will beat St. Charles 245-231.
How did I screw that up? It took too much time for me to figger it all out, and I've thrown away the paper I did it on. I'd HATE to have to take that much work time AGAIN to re-calculate.
By the way, I heard that St. X was NOT tapered for Districts, which I'll believe for some swimmers but not all. Some of those guys had to be in taper just to qualify.

Vox Crusada said:
How did I screw that up? It took too much time for me to figger it all out, and I've thrown away the paper I did it on. I'd HATE to have to take that much work time AGAIN to re-calculate.
By the way, I heard that St. X was NOT tapered for Districts, which I'll believe for some swimmers but not all. Some of those guys had to be in taper just to qualify.

I'm not sure how you screwed it up, but it was by a pretty large amount. Anyways, yes, not every St. Xavier swimmer is "completely tapered" for districts which can be seen ever year by the time drops of their top swimmers from districts to the State meet. St. Xavier has been and will be the gold standard for swimming. They are so dominant on such a big level it's ridiculous. I am just proud of the fact that St. Charles won the Central District meet for the first time and have a shot at their highest place ever at the state meet. This has been a very successful season for St. Charles.