New to Ohio

As stated the area between Dayton and Cincinnati is growing well. Lots of excellent schools combinations of athletics and academics. I'd <painfully> add Centerville to those mentioned above

And welcome to Yappi! This is by far IMO the most informative forum for Ohio wrestling. It's a great resource.

No, Springboro is consistently good and will likely continue to get better. That part of Dayton is exploding in population. You are right that this other three are good (not northeast Ohio good), but I'd be willing to bet that Boro keeps pace.

I don't live there either.
Always impressed with the Boro program not only on the mat but all quality kids. Freddy's done an awesome job there.

For what one year?
Clearly don’t pay attention to Springboro but that’s fine, I’m pretty sure Boulton likes it that way.

Multiple SQs and a Coach that has actually established a culture instead of using it as a stepping stone is why Springboro is a top ten D-I program. Not to mention a loaded JH team with siblings of the state ranked guys at the HS level. Prodigy is in their backyard so this is a program that takes it seriously. They were one match away from upsetting Graham to start the season and actually beat them in 2020. Not too many teams in Ohio can say that they’ve beaten Graham H2H over the past 23 seasons. Currently top five at MBC. Oh and they have the number 9 ranked wrestler in the country currently in their room but sure, “one year” is what they only good for. NE Ohio has some of the best wrestling but show some respect to any kid willing to work their butt off in this sport. The Springboro team has a bunch of them.

A) "somewhere between Cincinnati and Dayton"
B) "wrestling and academic's"
All shape & sizes of school districts (public, private, open enrollment, geographies, etc ) in the parameters of your request. Without a doubt, best Ohio wrestling "clubs" / schools are north of there, but SW district does still produce a high level competitors every year. Not sure if it is the norm everywhere, but clubs in SW Ohio seem to become feeders for a specific HS (Jordans - Graham; Prodigy - DC, Legacy, etc; Spatola - Lasalle, Moeller, ect), which in turn has made off season wrestling in the SW >30 different HS having their own open mat training, which reduces room size / partners. So if your willing to travel, you can find the right situation for your son.
Best of Luck
Just to be clear, Prodigy doesn't feed into any specific High School. 9 years ago it might have fed into Dayton Christian but that hasn't happened since Wineberg took over. It is a neutral training spot for any school or wrestler that wants to use it. Spatola isn't linked to any one school either. You would think Elder since he went there but he is pretty neutral also. Jordan's and Legacy are definitely linked to a specific high school but they allow anyone to come in and train on their club nights and in the off season. Southwest Elite is the Lasalle Feeder Program. Team Lindsey and Moeller Youth Crusaders feeds into Moeller. Thought I would clear up a few discrepancies.

There are sooooo many good schools out there, but between Dayton and Cincy, Lakota East is a good option in terms of the location you are looking for, just off of I-75 and a little North of Cincy. Academics are Excellent and their Wrestling program is on the rise. It's not far (10-15 minutes) from the Awesome Prodigy Club that was previously mentioned. As far as Wrestling and location, but a little closer to Dayton I would suggest checking out Springboro, Miamisburg or Centerville, but there are so many to choose from. Good Luck in your search and wherever you land!

No one is answering this guys question...
Good schools between Dayton & Cincinnatti with good academics, good athletics and good wrestling....Uh, Centerville, Springboro, Fairfield, the Lakotas, Kettering Fairmont.
Others with decent wrestling...Lebanon, Miamisburg.
Privates...Alter, Moeller.
There, now we are geographically and academically correct...if not politically so.

No one is answering this guys question...
Good schools between Dayton & Cincinnatti with good academics, good athletics and good wrestling....Uh, Centerville, Springboro, Fairfield, the Lakotas, Kettering Fairmont.
Others with decent wrestling...Lebanon, Miamisburg.
Privates...Alter, Moeller.
There, now we are geographically and academically correct...if not politically so.
Go back and read his post. Its a easy read. He asked about Wrestling Clubs first and than High Schools.. .....

There are sooooo many good schools out there, but between Dayton and Cincy, Lakota East is a good option in terms of the location you are looking for, just off of I-75 and a little North of Cincy. Academics are Excellent and their Wrestling program is on the rise. It's not far (10-15 minutes) from the Awesome Prodigy Club that was previously mentioned. As far as Wrestling and location, but a little closer to Dayton I would suggest checking out Springboro, Miamisburg or Centerville, but there are so many to choose from. Good Luck in your search and wherever you land!
Lakota is one of the largest districts in the state, they had one qualifier between both programs last year for state, that wouldn’t be a place to send someone.

Cincinnati is one of the worst places to drive in Ohio. I would strongly consider commuting distance in the decision. Definitely wouldn't want to commute between Cincinnati and Dayton.

What about Bishop Sycamore. Bit further drive though.:cool:
I heard they started a wrestling program. They have 14 guys, all different weights, already committed to D1 and 17 underclassmen with offers. Their youth program has 7 kids that are 5X youth state champs, and 15 with at least 2 state championships. They should win the national title the next 10 years at least...

Franklin has one of the best young coaching staffs around, is literally in the middle of Cincinnati and Dayton off of 75 and has Prodigy within in a 10 minute drive from anywhere in town. Pair that with a brand new high school in the fall and a youth program with 90+ kids this program is for sure on the upswing and has a lot of young talent in the room.

Franklin has one of the best young coaching staffs around, is literally in the middle of Cincinnati and Dayton off of 75 and has Prodigy within in a 10 minute drive from anywhere in town. Pair that with a brand new high school in the fall and a youth program with 90+ kids this program is for sure on the upswing and has a lot of young talent in the room.
Absolutely!
Great young coaches there for the long haul and an AD that LOVES wrestling!

Go back and read his post. Its a easy read. He asked about Wrestling Clubs first and than High Schools.. .....
They were in no particular order.
OK. I misunderstood. Too much listening to my wife. I tend to "jump" ahead. Plus, as a parent relocating, my priorities would be "schools" first & clubs second...but what do I know.
Agreed. Wasn't prioritizing Clubs because that was listed first..... just the way I typed it.

Thank you for all the great info everyone.

Seems you are forgetting about little old Ross Ohio. Consistent winner over the last what? 25years. Coach not going anywhere as he is a teacher and his kids are just now getting to HS. Wall full of state qualifiers, placers, and a champ. Tough in state duals knocking off higher seeds multiple times in Columbus. Great schools. Centrally located to both Dayton and Cincy as well as the clubs you mentioned. Dont forget about Woodshed Wrestling as well just across the river as Byrd knows how to run a room. Ross is still waiting to get a levy passed is the one big negative hanging out there. Likely drop back to D2 after the next count so if you for sure want to stay in D1 that has to figure into the equation as well. Offsite private wrestling room for all wrestlers. Not an open enrollment school so no mercenaries unless parent works for the district which we have only had 1 that I am aware of over the past 20 years.