New SW Ohio conference- Three Rivers Conference

Northridge needs to officially announce their departure from the SWBL, if they haven't already.
I'm sure they are working on it right now.
The league won't begin until 2021-22 season.
I see Riverside in thev same light as Dixie. They have surprised many in the SWBL over the years. Milton has had a couple of seasons that they lost to them. One that stands out is the 2012 season when Milton finished 8-2. They lost to Tipp and Dixie. Went to the State semis in the playoffs before losing to Clinton Massie.
I do think Ft Loramie would be a better fit but maybe Riverside is growing?
Fort Loramie would run the tables in this league every year. Its not that great of a fit and I think riverside is a better fit for the conference. Riverside has some pretty good years and they create a ton of upsets every year. You just watch

So a year away from this league starting. Covington, Milton, East all play this year. Bethel plays Covington and East. Are there any other TRC matchups this year? Lehman? Riverside? Northridge and Milton play. Who else?
i think Bethel and Northridge open up with each other, Lehman and Miami East i believe have a game, and Lehman and Riverside should be playing

Looks like:
East 4 (MU, Lehman, Cov, Bethel)
MU 3 (East, Cov, NR)
Cov 3 (East, MU, Bethel)
Bethel 3 (NR, East, Cov)
NR 3 (Bethel, TC, MU)
Lehman 2 (East, Riverside)
TC 1 (NR)
Riverside 1 (Lehman)

Fort Loramie would run the tables in this league every year. Its not that great of a fit and I think riverside is a better fit for the conference. Riverside has some pretty good years and they create a ton of upsets every year. You just watch
Nope. I bet ya they wouldn’t “run tables” on those Bulldogs. I have a feeling that one would be a war. FL year in and year out is great but this isn’t the CCC. Milton, Miami East and Covington deserve more credit than that crappy post. Riverside won’t win a championship, ever. You just watch it.

Nope. I bet ya they wouldn’t “run tables” on those Bulldogs. I have a feeling that one would be a war. FL year in and year out is great but this isn’t the CCC. Milton, Miami East and Covington deserve more credit than that crappy post. Riverside won’t win a championship, ever. You just watch it.
Riverside will never win the league but in a good year i could see them going 6-4 and getting in the playoffs. probable going to be 4-6 on average in the league. Fort Loramie vs Milton Union would absolutely be a war, but i doubt we see that matchup anytime soon. i think it was absolutely dumb of Fort Loramie to turn down the league invitation. chose being an independent over being in a very solid league.

Looks like:
East 4 (MU, Lehman, Cov, Bethel)
MU 3 (East, Cov, NR)
Cov 3 (East, MU, Bethel)
Bethel 3 (NR, East, Cov)
NR 3 (Bethel, TC, MU)
Lehman 2 (East, Riverside)
TC 1 (NR)
Riverside 1 (Lehman)
Any idea what teams are senior heavy this year vs. how many are young and will see the same matchups the first year in the league.

TC will be about 75% underclassman this year I think. Their OL may be super young and the rb position also young. Not really sure.

Milton tried to get FL on the schedule and they refused. Not saying they shy away but they weren’t interested in a game. Their AD used to be Boys Basketball coach at MU.
FL isn’t a typical D6. They are much better than that. Milton has some upcoming talent that would make that game interesting.

Haha, yeah okay. I dont think Loramie would have a problem against Milton. ME and covington kinda still suck when you compare. "Oh but loramie and covington went toe to toe to the last second last year" well sometimes teams come unprepared. Loramie looked like a pile of all game. So yeah, maybe 1 out of 5 years the big bad milton bulldogs could take one. And as for riverside, I never said they will win a title ? dont put words in my mouth, i just said be ready for them to create upsets that make you say how the hell did that happen? Besides, theres more teams that 'wont win a championship, ever" Lehman, Troy Christian, Bethel (although they are growing so maybe) , and idk about Northridge because it sounds like nobody as anything good to say about them

Riverside will never win the league but in a good year i could see them going 6-4 and getting in the playoffs. probable going to be 4-6 on average in the league. Fort Loramie vs Milton Union would absolutely be a war, but i doubt we see that matchup anytime soon. i think it was absolutely dumb of Fort Loramie to turn down the league invitation. chose being an independent over being in a very solid league.

I think Loramie has something better in mind. They will only leave the SCAL for 1 other conference

Milton tried to get FL on the schedule and they refused. Not saying they shy away but they weren’t interested in a game. Their AD used to be Boys Basketball coach at MU.
FL isn’t a typical D6. They are much better than that. Milton has some upcoming talent that would make that game interesting.
Not sure when this was, but when you have week 1 Minster indefinitely and then week 2 St. Henry for 2 years and then Versailles for 4, idk if you need to cut that out

Loramie is going to have quite a schedule...I know they add Covington, Newark Catholic, Columbus Academy, LCC and Lucas next year. They were going to have Columbus Grove as well but that got canceled with adding Leipsic to the league a year earlier than planned.

Loramie is going to have quite a schedule...I know they add Covington, Newark Catholic, Columbus Academy, LCC and Lucas next year. They were going to have Columbus Grove as well but that got canceled with adding Leipsic to the league a year earlier than planned.
Right. I know they have their 1st 4 weeks scheduled for sure. They deny schools that they dont see as a challenge. Only accepting good, talented teams and I believe they arent afraid to travel out of state to find that, considering there is only 25 or so independent schools in the state.

Haha, yeah okay. I dont think Loramie would have a problem against Milton. ME and covington kinda still suck when you compare.
How is Fort Loramie any different from Covington? Go 9-1 or 8-2 every year and lose to the first MAC team you meet in the playoffs? Not trying to bash, because I think BOTH FL and Covington should be respected, I just don't see how some one could think FL is great and Covington sucks?

By my count, FL is 5-9 in the playoffs the last 10 years...0-7 against the MAC. Covington is 7-9 over that same 10 years, 0-4 against the MAC.

FL is 3-0 against Covington during that time, including a 19-14 win this last year, 33-14 in '18 (a 7-3 Covington team) and managed a resounding 28-21 victory over a 5-5 Buccs team in '17.

Fort Loramie had ONE good year where they won 3 playoff games (avoiding MAC schools) and this guy thinks they are better than everyone else? I Hope you get your wish and the MAC lets you in.

How is Fort Loramie any different from Covington? Go 9-1 or 8-2 every year and lose to the first MAC team you meet in the playoffs? Not trying to bash, because I think BOTH FL and Covington should be respected, I just don't see how some one could think FL is great and Covington sucks?

By my count, FL is 5-9 in the playoffs the last 10 years...0-7 against the MAC. Covington is 7-9 over that same 10 years, 0-4 against the MAC.

FL is 3-0 against Covington during that time, including a 19-14 win this last year, 33-14 in '18 (a 7-3 Covington team) and managed a resounding 28-21 victory over a 5-5 Buccs team in '17.

Fort Loramie had ONE good year where they won 3 playoff games (avoiding MAC schools) and this guy thinks they are better than everyone else? I Hope you get your wish and the MAC lets you in.

tumblr_mfjd9yNBz21s15t1co1_500.gif

You guys remember a coach named Whit Parks? I'm sorry to point fingers, but i heard too many times and i believe it that HS football is 80% coach 20% kids. Loramie is still evolving into this new program

FL would whip Milton every year? Hmmm wonder what the FL faithful have to say about that. I don’t see MU, ME or Covington ducking anyone. FL can wait till the cows come home on that MAC invite that won’t come. I see them joining the WOAC eventually.???

You didn't offend me, but your take that FL would run the table every year in the TRC because
ME and covington kinda still suck when you compare.
is pretty ridiculous.

I love your optimism that FL is still "evolving". Most people recognize that schools this size have ups and downs. You seem to think FL will stay 'up', and that's OK. Keep in mind other teams are also allowed to improve.

Im sorry. :( I should just go home and grab a box of tissues and let it all out because I am a terrible person. Covington and Miami east!! May Fort Loramie kiss your feet!! Take a joke people. Its all to ruffle up people's feathers lie yourselves. It is funny when it works

Dograt knows what he posts. Myself, I’ve been on here since it’s start and as a moderator I’ve seen all kinds of posters like you and Indiana. Please keep this respectful and above board. We are, mostly, adults here and the posts are about 14-18 year olds. FL has had a football program for a fraction of the time that Miami East, Milton and Covington have. FL is respected and posters like you they don’t need.

Dograt knows what he posts. Myself, I’ve been on here since it’s start and as a moderator I’ve seen all kinds of posters like you and Indiana. Please keep this respectful and above board. We are, mostly, adults here and the posts are about 14-18 year olds. FL has had a football program for a fraction of the time that Miami East, Milton and Covington have. FL is respected and posters like you they don’t need.
Hey now, don't lump me in here. I didn't rile anyone up.
I've been posting since 2002 on the archaic MAConline forums, and found myself here after those other forums went full ghost town. I took my lumps for posting dumb crap as an idiot middle schooler. I know my role, and I know the etiquette.
giphy.gif

Yeah, dont associate the name of my friend, Banana, with the bad guy

Grove has them on schedule still to fill Paulding's spot, cause Grove plays Leipsic week 2 the last 5 years. Didn't have to change anything. Ft. Loramie and Grove are still on in Ft. Loramie the first year then back to Grove the following.

Grove has them on schedule still to fill Paulding's spot, cause Grove plays Leipsic week 2 the last 5 years. Didn't have to change anything. Ft. Loramie and Grove are still on in Ft. Loramie the first year then back to Grove the following.

Just going be the "canceled" notation on arbitor. That very well could be a mistake.

Leipsic is filling Paulding's spot in 2021. So, no, Fort Loramie and Columbus Grove aren't going to be playing.