New Software

Made a post in the pro football forum that didn't convert to the new format.
All posts now need to be made in the new software going forward. Still a large number of people that have forgotten their passwords. Will be leaving the old software open as long as it takes to get them their updated password.

I'd like this functionality to return, too, if possible.

Will all old posts eventually be brought over?
Looking for it and hopefully can implement it.

Almost all old posts should have imported over here. There is a window between Saturday night and now that may not have ported.

checked in....

posts that I made on the old board over the last fews days do not show up on here.....

maybe I posted in that window.... transferring those posts to new site....

It's much better on mobile. The new software's design appears to be responsive meaning it'll work on a phone as well as it works on a tablet as well as it works on a desktop.
100%. Really digging the new mobile so far. On the old one you'd have to be constantly zooming in and out.

Two small mobile suggestions that I just came across. 1. The ability to skip to the last page of a thread. Right now you have to click on a thread and then scroll down to pick a page. 2. The ability to see who the last poster was on a given thread from the forum's front page.

Overall I'm liking both the mobile and desktop versions.

Two small mobile suggestions that I just came across. 1. The ability to skip to the last page of a thread. Right now you have to click on a thread and then scroll down to pick a page. 2. The ability to see who the last poster was on a given thread from the forum's front page.

Overall I'm liking both the mobile and desktop versions.

Those were the two biggest things I noticed also. Seeing who posted last is more helpful than who created the thread a lot of times because it helps keep track of if I’ve seen the most recent posts...

Not a big fan of the mobile view. Will take some time to get used to it. Always preferred just getting the regular site condensed to the phone or tablet screen.

Not bad though. Log in worked. Things seem functional.

The old software was end of life years ago. They are not actively updating it to secure against potential threats. There has already been several hacking attempts on the site and this new software should be more secure. Additionally, there are alot of add-ons that are actively being built for this software. For the old software, there hasn't been any new add-ons for years. One of the examples of a new add-on is the pick'em.

We were originally on UBB. Then around 2004, switched over to vBulletin. The end of life for vBulletin 3.8 series was around 2011. This Xenforo software was made by many of the same people that were building vBulletin and then moved on to create their own company. It's more advanced software and more secure. I think in 6 months, people will look back at the vBulletin and be glad that we made the change.

Also, new format doesn't necessarily mean safer from hacking attempts. A music board I frequent actually had an increase in Russian bots when they switched over, main problem was with their new registration software.

All posts now need to be made in the new software going forward. Still a large number of people that have forgotten their passwords. Will be leaving the old software open as long as it takes to get them their updated password.

That^ likely means a new Ted ?