New Software

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
If you are able to login, please make a post in this thread to let me know that it is working.

Looking forward to making the adjustment to this software. Alot more features and more smart phone friendly!!

Please look around and familiarize yourself with the new software. There are bound to be many questions and issues with the switch to this new software.

Looks pretty but; how is this better?

:>---

EGA
The old software was end of life years ago. They are not actively updating it to secure against potential threats. There has already been several hacking attempts on the site and this new software should be more secure. Additionally, there are alot of add-ons that are actively being built for this software. For the old software, there hasn't been any new add-ons for years. One of the examples of a new add-on is the pick'em.

We were originally on UBB. Then around 2004, switched over to vBulletin. The end of life for vBulletin 3.8 series was around 2011. This Xenforo software was made by many of the same people that were building vBulletin and then moved on to create their own company. It's more advanced software and more secure. I think in 6 months, people will look back at the vBulletin and be glad that we made the change.

The old software was end of life years ago. They are not actively updating it to secure against potential threats. There has already been several hacking attempts on the site and this new software should be more secure. Additionally, there are alot of add-ons that are actively being built for this software. For the old software, there hasn't been any new add-ons for years. One of the examples of a new add-on is the pick'em.

We were originally on UBB. Then around 2004, switched over to vBulletin. The end of life for vBulletin 3.8 series was around 2011. This Xenforo software was made by many of the same people that were building vBulletin and then moved on to create their own company. It's more advanced software and more secure. I think in 6 months, people will look back at the vBulletin and be glad that we made the change.
Yappi the main thing I don't like is not having a drop down bar at the bottom of the page to move from forum to forum. You have to click back once or twice to do that which is annoying. But other than that it's not bad.

Yappi the main thing I don't like is not having a drop down bar at the bottom of the page to move from forum to forum. You have to click back once or twice to do that which is annoying. But other than that it's not bad.
I'll look to see if I can find an add-on for that.

Yappi how long until the old board is scrapped for good?
The old board will remain for a while but will be closed down to new posts. I've already disabled the new registrations for that software. I'll start closing a few of the less active forums to send them here today.

Do you have the links a the top of the page that say "Forums>General Sports>General Board"? I've been navigating that way and it's pretty much the same as the old forum.

Digging the new New Posts format, removing threads I have already checked out. Also digging the fact I can view everyone's user messages like this one from harry to happy:

What exactly has Trump gained in any meeting with NK so far? What do any of his meetings with any of these dictators accomplish ? SA Turkey Putin Junk Yoon ?