New small school league in NW Ohio?

RollingTrain

The GMC still needs to expand. You can schedule around 9 in other sports, but the odd number in football isn't feasible.

The question is, do they go with 1 or 3 of the Edon/Hilltop/Montpelier trio, knowing they'd be football only and happy in the BBC. Or do they go with Paulding.

There's also the question of what happens in a few years if Antwerp realizes they can't support 11 man.
Even though they aren't very good, my guess would be Paulding.

StateChampion2012

The GMC still needs to expand. You can schedule around 9 in other sports, but the odd number in football isn't feasible.

The question is, do they go with 1 or 3 of the Edon/Hilltop/Montpelier trio, knowing they'd be football only and happy in the BBC. Or do they go with Paulding.

There's also the question of what happens in a few years if Antwerp realizes they can't support 11 man.
I think Antwerp should go 8 man as well. Both them and Holgate should join the Buckeye Border Conference. Leaving the GMC with 6, I'd add Paulding and Montpelier to make it an even 8. If you want to add Edon and Hilltop to make 10 that's fine too. I personally wouldn't because who knows what their football numbers will be in 10 years.

fvapaches05

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Bob Olwin agreed yesterday to be the head coach at Edon. Not sure if it will matter, but his history in the GMC could be a point in Edon's favor for joining the conference.

Last edited:

RollingTrain

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but Bob Olwin agreed yesterday to be the head coach at Edon. Not sure if it will matter, but his history in the GMC could be a point in Edon's favor for joining the conference.
Bob's gotta be getting up there...he was our coach back in 1986 and he wasn't in his 20's. I wouldn't be on this being a long-term - none of his stops have been.