D1: 132
D2: 132
D3: 285

Tied for Second Deepest Weight (Top 25)
D1: 120, 126, 138
D2: 120, 157, 175
D3: 144, 157, 215

New #1’s and other info:
D1 106: Yes, I know Timar outperformed McBurney at Ironman, but I couldn't logically put Timar right ahead of McBurney when McBurney won their only meeting this summer (to my knowledge).

D1 113: This weight is crazy. Stanley beat previous #1 Rosselli, so he takes the #1 spot. Evans outperformed him last year at state, but Stanley did win their only meeting last season.

D1 157: Birden pinned previous #1 Earnest in the quarters at Ironman to earn the top spot.

D2 144: Younger dropped to 144 and beat previous #1 Hoffarth at Ironman.

D2 150: With Younger dropping to 144, Jacks takes over the top spot.

D3 144: Dominique dropped to 144 this week and wrestled very well at Ironman, outperforming everyone else in the Top 6 (minus Medina).

D3 157: Cooper was at 157 this week for LCA at Ironman, but it sounds like the plan is still for Campbell to stay at 157 and Cooper to move back up to 165.

If you have any weight changes/questions/suggestions/etc. please Email me at Borofanohio@gmail.com or PM me on here.
I am still looking for results from the following duals/events:

Saturday: Bryan Duals
Saturday: Marlington Duals

As always, I will only make changes Wednesday (if needed) and I will post them on here below:
D1: 190
D2: 138, 157, 190
D3: 113, 126, 132, 138, 165, 175, 190, 215, 285

Next Update: December 20

Thanks to whoever has been clicking (y)

Last edited:

www.borofanohio.net

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/borofan_oh_wrst

Deepest Weight (Top 30)

*Now that the season has officially started, I have removed all of the non-ranked returning state qualifiers*

New #1’s and other info:
D1 106: Yes, I know Timar outperformed McBurney at Ironman, but I couldn't logically put Timar right ahead of McBurney when McBurney won their only meeting this summer (to my knowledge).

D1 113: This weight is crazy. Stanley beat previous #1 Rosselli, so he takes the #1 spot. Evans outperformed him last year at state, but Stanley did win their only meeting last season.

D1 157: Birden pinned previous #1 Earnest in the quarters at Ironman to earn the top spot.

D3 144: Dominique dropped to 144 this week and wrestled very well at Ironman, outperforming everyone else in the Top 6 (minus Medina).

D3 157: Cooper was at 157 this week for LCA at Ironman, but it sounds like the plan is still for Campbell to stay at 157 and Cooper to move back up to 165.

If you have any weight changes/questions/suggestions/etc. please Email me at Borofanohio@gmail.com or PM me on here.

Thursday: Rootstown vs Norton
Tuesday: Mohawk vs Huron
Tuesday: Mohawk vs Monroeville
Tuesday: Monroeville vs Huron

As always, I will only make changes Wednesday (if needed) and I will post them on here below:
D1:
D2:
D3: 113

I seen Hendricks moved in to #3 at 138, did he wrestle and beat Campbell from Northmor?

"D1 106: Yes, I know Timar outperformed McBurney at Ironman, but I couldn't logically put Timar right ahead of McBurney when McBurney won their only meeting this summer (to my knowledge)."

"Logically" I don't know how you couldn't...FS earlier season compared to Scholastic season months later? Timar beats the guy who beat the guy who bet another guy who beat Mcburney? ..........Of course rankings are mostly guesses from the info we all have access to ;) I'm interested in how 120 is the Deepest weight? Do you mean Deepest yet least talented? I mean besides Blaze, the next few guys aren't near Ironman placement in 2 tries, and nothing at Fargo either this summer.

"D1 106: Yes, I know Timar outperformed McBurney at Ironman, but I couldn't logically put Timar right ahead of McBurney when McBurney won their only meeting this summer (to my knowledge)."

"Logically" I don't know how you couldn't...FS earlier season compared to Scholastic season months later? Timar beats the guy who beat the guy who bet another guy who beat Mcburney? ..........Of course rankings are mostly guesses from the info we all have access to ;) I'm interested in how 120 is the Deepest weight? Do you mean Deepest yet least talented? I mean besides Blaze, the next few guys aren't near Ironman placement in 2 tries, and nothing at Fargo either this summer.
I am actually with you on this one, old man. I do not see how you could possibly rank anyone else but Timar at #1 at this particular time. He looked GREAT at Ironman. McBurney did not. Freestyle results, in the grand scheme of things, can mean very little. Especially where they wrestled at regionals, and the flow of the match that I watched. I actually came away from watching that match thinking Timar was better anyway. After watching him at Ironman, there is no doubt in my mind right now, that Timar is absolutely the best 106 we have in Ohio.

I also do not believe 120 is very deep. Competitive, yes, but behind Blaze, no top talent. Some very good guys, absolutely, but not good enough to be labeled a deep weight.

www.borofanohio.net

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/borofan_oh_wrst

Deepest Weight (Top 30)

New #1’s and other info:

Thursday: Rootstown vs Norton
Saturday: Marlington Duals
Tuesday: Mohawk vs Huron
Tuesday: Mohawk vs Monroeville
Tuesday: Monroeville vs Huron

D1: 190
D2: 138, 157, 190
D3: 113, 132, 138, 165, 175, 190, 215, 285

If you want to go off of Freestyle results as your reasoning for not putting Timar #1, then why is Cole Evans #2 ahead of McKinney, who completely smashed him over the summer. He didn't even show up to the Ironman, so why punish McKinney for showing up and wrestling, and not even really doing too bad, when Evans didn't even wrestle? Shouldn't the freestyle beat down mean something for McKinney, if it meant something for McBurney over Timar? Just saying, consistency matters. I appreciate what you do, I really do. You do a very hard job for no money. Just playing Devil's Advocate, here.

I am actually with you on this one, old man. I do not see how you could possibly rank anyone else but Timar at #1 at this particular time. He looked GREAT at Ironman. McBurney did not. Freestyle results, in the grand scheme of things, can mean very little. Especially where they wrestled at regionals, and the flow of the match that I watched. I actually came away from watching that match thinking Timar was better anyway. After watching him at Ironman, there is no doubt in my mind right now, that Timar is absolutely the best 106 we have in Ohio.

I also do not believe 120 is very deep. Competitive, yes, but behind Blaze, no top talent. Some very good guys, absolutely, but not good enough to be labeled a deep weight.
"I am actually with you on this one, old man"

I pontificated last year 106 was a pretty weak year at the weight, sometimes you'll have that at the first weight, I can also think of years where there were several nationally ranked guys at 103-106 from Ohio, many who moved up and kept on being nationally ranked, and multiple state titles. 106 didn't have that at all last year, and the 2 finalists both DNP in Fargo, I don't know why Evans wasn't at Ironman...I was curious how he'd do. Butler was a HUGE 106 last year and he DNP in his second try at Ironman, this year at 120. I don't think any of the others at 120 are on the radar nationally either. "Deep" could mean a bunch of guys no where near Blaze who are all about even that could end up in the finals against him ? 🤷‍♂️ EDIT: I'm not trying to bash Boro, he does rankings, it's almost never an exact science, just curious if I'm missing something.

"I am actually with you on this one, old man"

I pontificated last year 106 was a pretty weak year at the weight, sometimes you'll have that at the first weight, I can also think of years where there were several nationally ranked guys at 103-106 from Ohio, many who moved up and kept on being nationally ranked, and multiple state titles. 106 didn't have that at all last year, and the 2 finalists both DNP in Fargo, I don't know why Evans wasn't at Ironman...I was curious how he'd do. Butler was a HUGE 106 last year and he DNP in his second try at Ironman, this year at 120. I don't think any of the others at 120 are on the radar nationally either. "Deep" could mean a bunch of guys no where near Blaze who are all about even that could end up in the finals against him ? 🤷‍♂️ EDIT: I'm not trying to bash Boro, he does rankings, it's almost never an exact science, just curious if I'm missing something.
Again, we can agree there as well.

I would still take Seacrist at 106 over Timar in a heads up match, but as far as the best 106 in the state, u would have to go to Jr high to get that. Timar did have a nice run at Ironman and he has put in the work. I still like Roselli at 113, but I’m guessing two day weighins and keeping weight down pkayed into that.

If you want to go off of Freestyle results as your reasoning for not putting Timar #1, then why is Cole Evans #2 ahead of McKinney, who completely smashed him over the summer. He didn't even show up to the Ironman, so why punish McKinney for showing up and wrestling, and not even really doing too bad, when Evans didn't even wrestle? Shouldn't the freestyle beat down mean something for McKinney, if it meant something for McBurney over Timar? Just saying, consistency matters. I appreciate what you do, I really do. You do a very hard job for no money. Just playing Devil's Advocate, here.
113 is a wild weight. Evans is a returning SC and beat Rohr the last time they wrestled. I am hoping for Evans to return for Brecksville to help clarify the weight. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone in the Top 7 wins it in March.

I would still take Seacrist at 106 over Timar in a heads up match, but as far as the best 106 in the state, u would have to go to Jr high to get that. Timar did have a nice run at Ironman and he has put in the work. I still like Roselli at 113, but I’m guessing two day weighins and keeping weight down pkayed into that.
I think both Timar and Seacrist are beating Burnett if that is who you are talking about. Rosselli still has that weight cut and weigh in schedule for State as well, so if he can get through the semi's unscathed, then yeah he is probably going to win it. But he may get upset along the way.

I believe now that Timar is now ranked 9th in the nation. I believe he beat the number two or three kid in division 1 last year as a backup. After his Ironman performance what leads anyone to believe he's not the best 106 in the state?

I believe now that Timar is now ranked 9th in the nation. I believe he beat the number two or three kid in division 1 last year as a backup. After his Ironman performance what leads anyone to believe he's not the best 106 in the
We're gonna find out in March. It's a long season.

Right now I have it:

Timar
Seacrist
McBurney
Williams
Dodd

But they're all going to see each other plenty. Nobody is ducking anyone, as far as I know.

I think both Timar and Seacrist are beating Burnett if that is who you are talking about. Rosselli still has that weight cut and weigh in schedule for State as well, so if he can get through the semi's unscathed, then yeah he is probably going to win it. But he may get upset along the way.
Is Grey Burnett a freshman this year?

Jr high? Ehhh they always talk up kids at that level, it sounded like Rohr was going to be the next Logan Steiber ....looking at Ironman results a far cry from that. Hard to say until freshman compete at a high level event such as Ironman where they really are.

Jr high? Ehhh they always talk up kids at that level, it sounded like Rohr was going to be the next Logan Steiber ....looking at Ironman results a far cry from that. Hard to say until freshman compete at a high level event such as Ironman where they really are.
Who said that about Rohr? He lost to Seacrist and Shawger last year, both Ohio guys. he’s a damn good wrestler and has great coaching but never heard of him as Stieber. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Rohr at 106 for state.

What's up with Nichols from edgewood, Beat Hibbs at #4 and isn't ranked?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221210-180720_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221210-180720_Chrome.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 52
So send borofan an email about it. He isn't ALL KNOWING at all times. Your comment comes off kinda condescending tbh. He admits over and over he relies on others for results and information to be able to do his rankings.

If I was being condescending it wouldn't have been in the form of a question. The question wasn't really even directed to borofan it was directed to members that actually see kids in sw ohio wrestle that might have information on the question asked.

My first thought is different division. Who has he beaten that is ranked in front of him in D1?

And if you look at last years districts, Miller (Kettering) went 1-2 in the same bracket where Nichols was 0-2. They didn't wrestle each other, so...

Nichols will have his opportunity this weekend at the Coaches Classic with Murphy, Huhn, Wandsnider, Shanklin, Foster, Mizuwaka, Burkle, Cottrell, DiTullio, Miller (all ranked) and a few other SW Ohio D1 kids at 138. Beat a few of these kids, and a ranking will be well earned.