New Coach For Perry

hotshots

With Dave Riggs Retiring after this year who takes of the Perry Panthers for 2015/16 season?

I'm sure Riggs will have some say in the matter. Anyone have or herd who is in line to take over?

Clint Musser's name I hear as who Dave want's to take over.. But that's hear say so take it for what it's worth..

Drew Lashaway, Dave's asst will take over. Drew teaches in the building and I would think he would be the logical choice.

Drew Lashaway, Dave's asst will take over. Drew teaches in the building and I would think he would be the logical choice.

Drew is a wonderful young man. That's the best thing Perry could do. The young man has a lot of respect treats and helps the youth kids. I think he is a class act.. I had herd Dave and Drew were not getting along? Maybe that's why Mrfootball you herd Clint Musser?

The Ad and school board would be fools not to hire Drew. That's not a knock on any of the other coaches or Musser that may want it. Drew is already in the system coach teacher runs the spring camps youth middle and high school. Has anyone herd of anyone else in the system wanting it?

Drew is a wonderful young man. That's the best thing Perry could do. The young man has a lot of respect treats and helps the youth kids. I think he is a class act.. I had herd Dave and Drew were not getting along? Maybe that's why Mrfootball you herd Clint Musser?

The Ad and school board would be fools not to hire Drew. That's not a knock on any of the other coaches or Musser that may want it. Drew is already in the system coach teacher runs the spring camps youth middle and high school. Has anyone herd of anyone else in the system wanting it?

I had not heard anything about Drew or Dave not getting along. I have herd Musser's name from more than 1 person tho. I guess time will tell.. Either one would be a fine coach and the team would not miss a beat. Drew as you said is in the system and is a coach already They have to go with Drew he has put his time in..

Last edited:
Doesn't Musser have a record? And I'm not talking about his 4 trips to the state finals and 3 state titles, or him being an all-american twice...lol

Doesn't Musser have a record? And I'm not talking about his 4 trips to the state finals and 3 state titles, or him being an all-american twice...lol

Well he was the coach at Perry before then got in a little trouble and was let go.. That was a very long time ago and I'm pretty sure he got his nose clean. I heard he was on the Kent st wrestling staff for the last 4 years. He is Riggs step son so I could see why he would want Clint to take over if true. I guess time will tell who gets it. March is right around the corner

Last edited:
It's heard!!!! H-E-A-R-D

A HERD is a pack of grazing animals. I hope either Musser, Riggs, or Lashaway can teach grammar.

Now back to your idle chit chat.

It's heard!!!! H-E-A-R-D

A HERD is a pack of grazing animals. I hope either Musser, Riggs, or Lashaway can teach grammar.

Funny guy u are.. Phone auto corrects it to herd when I type in heard didn't notice it.. Maybe I can bring my self and phone and you can teach a class on grammar and auto correct?? ?? dork

I've heard a few rumors with dan genetins name in a few and drew as well. I believe dan teaches in the district or somewhere near it so we will see either way the program will be in good hands with all the exceptional coaching they have now

Danny would be a good coach as well. Did Riggs and Drew have a falling out like someone said earlier? I have not heard that other then someone saying it on this site.

I'm sure Perry will be fine no matter who takes over. Didn't miss a beat when Dave left for a few years.. My vote would be for Drew but would not be upset if Danny takes over either. I don't see Dave walking away from wrestling its in his blood he will be board and come back and be coaching some place I'm sure.. I think he will be coaching at 80 years old lol

It's heard!!!! H-E-A-R-D

I am not claiming to be a grammar expert but when using the word "either" doesn't that point to a choice of "two" thus your sentence "either Musser, Riggs, or Lashway" constitute a grammatical error? If not how about the use of a comma after Riggs? Even a dolt knows not to do that!!!!

It is called an Oxford comma. It is acceptable and frequently used in a list of three or more items.

At one time I was pretty well versed in Ohio law pertaining to education, but I'm pretty rusty on this topic now (retirement will do that for you). There are certain crimes (both felonies and misdemeanors) that prevent the employment of people in public education. I believe there is a different list of crimes that exclude teachers from employment and other positions such as bus drivers, janitors or coaches from employment. I'm not sure where Musser's crime falls on the list or even if he was convicted rather than just charged. But I'm sure that the MP people will know how all this would play out.

Dag gone it. You beat me to that post.

As stated not a grammatical expert. That being said i am also not an elitist, fan of England, or a snoot.

I believe I am correct on the erroneous use of the word "either".

As stated not a grammatical expert. That being said i am also not an elitist, fan of England, or a snoot.

I believe I am correct on the erroneous use of the word "either".

"The Brain" (my computer) informed me that the Oxford comma can be used or not. Either way is debated fiercely by grammar snobs.

As far as "either" is concerned, it seems that comparing two things is correct but comparing multiple things is used in informal speech and usage (but shunned by grammar snobs).

Must be made. St. X Is Not a top 10 team in the state.. Might have better English teachers but sure not wrestling coaches down there.

At one time I was pretty well versed in Ohio law pertaining to education, but I'm pretty rusty on this topic now (retirement will do that for you). There are certain crimes (both felonies and misdemeanors) that prevent the employment of people in public education. I believe there is a different list of crimes that exclude teachers from employment and other positions such as bus drivers, janitors or coaches from employment. I'm not sure where Musser's crime falls on the list or even if he was convicted rather than just charged. But I'm sure that the MP people will know how all this would play out.

I wasn't calling him out just saying that might prevent him from getting the job

WHOEVER IT IS PERRY WILL NOT MISS A BEAT. Perry has some capable asst coaches who would do a great job, I would not be surprised to see it opened up to outside applicants. It is after all the best public school wrestling program in the state!

WHOEVER IT IS PERRY WILL NOT MISS A BEAT. Perry has some capable asst coaches who would do a great job, I would not be surprised to see it opened up to outside applicants. It is after all the best public school wrestling program in the state!

People at St Paris Graham may not agree with you.

People at St Paris Graham may not agree with you.

I would like to see numbers on how many St. Paris kids came up threw there youth system say 4th grade on? I bet they have 5 kids or more most years that didn't start there. Prob came in 7th 8th grade for camp and never left..

I would like to see numbers on how many St. Paris kids came up threw there youth system say 4th grade on? I bet they have 5 kids or more most years that didn't start there. Prob came in 7th 8th grade for camp and never left..

Does that make them not a Public School?

By title no there still public and year after year the best in state and top 5 in country.. Just wonder how many of them kids winning titles every year are home grown kids?

Is Jordan the best coach in the state? Or does he get all stars moving in every year? Lots of schools have kids moving in. But how many were youth or missile school state champs before they got to Jordan?

By title no there still public and year after year the best in state and top 5 in country.. Just wonder how many of them kids winning titles every year are home grown kids?

Is Jordan the best coach in the state? Or does he get all stars moving in every year? Lots of schools have kids moving in. But how many were youth or missile school state champs before they got to Jordan?

To answer your question, Jordan is the best coach in the state.

Like most top HS wrestling programs, Perry does have tranfers. I'd say the numbers are a very small %, but usually significant in results. Stark County and the Federal league is a football-basketball hotbed. Lake and Perry are the only two wrestling programs in the County worth sending a wrestling prodigy to get good coaching and training. Of them, Perry is the only open enrollment school and is probably top 2 or 3 academically as well. I think an easy question would be..if you had a son that was very talented in wrestling and lived in Canton-Massillon...would you send him to the home program that is awful and not committed themselves to make him better...or send him to where his talents will be honed with the very best in a program that gives its' kids the very best opportunities?

Last edited: