New Balance Nationals Outdoors

Link to full results

Results of some of the other Ohio athletes. There are more but I'll leave posting of those up to someone with more ambition than me.

Canfield's Giovanni Copploe was 13th in the 5000 at 14:51.26

Hudson's Adam Beucler was a DNS in the 5000

Creek's Savannah Roark was 16th in the 5000 at 17:31.88

Centerville's Kerri Walsh was 35th in the 5000 at 18:15.05

Greenon's Sean Glaze was 2nd in the 3000 RW at 13:40.82

Twinsburg girls were 4th in the Swedish Relay at 2:12.87

Creek's Taylor Ewert is not participating at NBON and I assume that is because she is prepping for the 10000 RW at the USATF juniors in a few weeks.

Today is also the Brooks PR in Seattle but I don't think that any athletes from Ohio are participating.

Got news for you...Ewert IS PARTICIPATING!!!

I missed her. My bad.

BTW, I wasn't trying to usurp your reporting of the results. What you're doing is appreciated. Thanks

That's an impressive effort. An average mile pace of 5:16ish.

No problems, mate! Yes, 5:16 is impressive!

Margaretta's Fabulous Freshman, Kenna Stimmel, is a serious player. Tied her 13' 1/4" best from 2 weeks ago to tie for 5th in the Championship PV!

I'm calling myself out on a major faux-pas. I've been saying that Yariel Soto is the defending national scholastic decathlon champion. He was actually 2nd last year. My bad.

HOWEVER, he is leading the current competition after day 1 with 3965 pts, almost 500 points ahead of 2nd. Unless he pulls a Dan O'Brien NH (1992 OG Trials) in the PV, he's got this one in the bag with a big-time PR.

Nice work by Lakota East, running 46.74 to qualify to tomorrow's girls 4x100 final. With the top qualifier at 46.21 they'll have a legitimate shot to bring home the championship. They'll need their 2nd leg to get out better to avoid the close exchange that slowed them today.

Nice work by Lakota East, running 46.74 to qualify to tomorrow's girls 4x100 final. With the top qualifier at 46.21 they'll have a legitimate shot to bring home the championship. They'll need their 2nd leg to get out better to avoid the close exchange that slowed them today.

The team with the fastest qualifying time also had a bad first exchange. They have a season's best of 45.81 to East's 45.82 - should be a close one tomorrow!

Attached is the summary of Day 3 Ohio athlete results. I've not included names of relay members for the prelims; however, for finals, I have. As I noticed that Beavercreek switched their order around on the 4x800m, I'm sure that might have happened on other relays teams. If you find any corrections needing to be made based on what was observed today, please feel free to send them along.

2 National Champions today: Taylor Ewert - 2000m Steeplechase & Caleb Brown in the 2 Miles

Attachments

• New Balance National Outdoor Championships - 2019 - Ohio Athletes - Day 3 Results (Sat 15 June).pdf
    171.2 KB · Views: 62
Sunday's schedule for Ohio athletes - see attached.

Attachments

• New Balance National Outdoor Championships - Ohio Athletes Schedule - 2019 - Sunday 16 June.pdf
    110.8 KB · Views: 47
Caleb Brown's victory in the 2 mile had me thinking, who would win in an all out 3200? Him or Vincent Mauri? Sure, they've already raced each other once this season, but that was pretty early on @Eastern Relays during a monsoon. Both have significantly improved their times since, and it's truly a shame we never got to see this matchup during a postseason meet. My gut feeling is to go with Brown, but I wouldn't be surprised with either outcome.

Well, it ain't us. It's them. Video feed now OFF AIR :(

Attachments

• Off Air.jpg
    Off Air.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 26
They're back up on the video feed, but it cuts out on the higher resolution. 432p seems to be working best right now.

Last edited: