Netflix....

vamp2syd

Just testing out this new board to see if someone like me can figure out how to navigate....

anyhow....

Looking for TV shows and series to watch on Netflix before football starts up...

Finished Stranger Things, currently watching Ozark ... shout out some suggestions....

Travelers was decent. Russian Doll was kind of fun and a quick season to watch. 3% is kind of a neat idea but tough to watch because they dub it and the CC doesn't match what they are saying. The OA is a slow show that builds throughout. Other shows I've watched and enjoyed: "The Umbrella Academy", "Mindhunter", "Dead to Me" (another quick show to watch), "The Haunting of Hill House", and "Between" (not that great but liked the idea),

Just testing out this new board to see if someone like me can figure out how to navigate....

anyhow....

Looking for TV shows and series to watch on Netflix before football starts up...

Finished Stranger Things, currently watching Ozark ... shout out some suggestions....

Mindhunter, and Narcos.

Speaking of Schitt’s Creek, NFLX stock may be up it with bad membership numbers in today’s ER and content owners like HBO, NBC, etc pulling content for their own streaming plays.

Speaking of Schitt’s Creek, NFLX stock may be up it with bad membership numbers in today’s ER and content owners like HBO, NBC, etc pulling content for their own streaming plays.
Didn’t they say an outrageous amount of people watched the new Adam Sandler movie? I cannot remember the exact number, but I sounded like an outright lie.

I think they’ll be ok in the long run, but they might have to change their business model by moving away from original content and reverting back to a movie rental site.

Didn’t they say an outrageous amount of people watched the new Adam Sandler movie? I cannot remember the exact number, but I sounded like an outright lie.

I think they’ll be ok in the long run, but they might have to change their business model by moving away from original content and reverting back to a movie rental site.
To survive they’ll have to rely on content. Anyone who owns movie content can stream anymore, they won’t need Netflix for the distribution.

thanks for suggestions....

started watching The Haunting of Hill House as well as Schitt's Creek....

will check out some of the other suggestions as well....

^

I tried the Rain last year and liked the first few episodes but then started not liking it.....

I'll look into the other 2 suggestions.....

Started Sc
thanks for suggestions....

started watching The Haunting of Hill House as well as Schitt's Creek....

will check out some of the other suggestions as well....
Started schitts creek on your recommendation. I think its well done and understated funny. I like the 21 min. episodes, easy to start and stop. Son David is a hoot.

Do not watch "Another Life". It is painful to watch it. I'm trying to finish it because I started it and usually like to finish shows. This is the toughest show for me to do that. Not recommended.

Turned off Another Life after 5 minutes. Truly terrible.

The new season of Black Mirror also sucked. That show is probably done.

Easy is an odd show. Some episodes are really well done and others make you wish the characters would just drop dead.

Dark is decent if you don’t mind subtitles (the dubbed audio is pretty bad). The acting is pretty good but I think the story is going a bit off the rails.

Big Mouth might be the weirdest show out right now, even weirder than Happy!

Sex Education is a pretty good comedy, though it’s weird that they made a British school behave like an American one.

I have to admit i started watching Orange is the New Black when we first got NETFLIX a few years ago, didn't know it was a chick drama. Like Yappi once i start I like to finish so 7-8 seasons later i'm halfway thru the final season episode. They are hitting ICE and immigration hard in this season, very unfairly (usually Liberal bent). Almost have to make myself watch it cause i don't want to be a quitter. LOL

Anyone watching "Years and Years"? It might be on HBO I got back and forth between the two. It's worth a look.

Season 2 was released last August. I know they were starting to film in May. Would imagine around October or later this year.

New documentary called “The Family” just released. Talks about Christian organization in DC with cult-like following of very powerful politicians. Has “deep state/new world order” vibes.

I saw the preview for that OBCF and it looked very intriguing. I'm a sucker for that religious cult new world order type stuff. Worth a watch?

I saw the preview for that OBCF and it looked very intriguing. I'm a sucker for that religious cult new world order type stuff. Worth a watch?
If you enjoy that type of documentary I’d say it’s worth the watch.

I’m through 2/5 episodes and it’s interesting so far. Feel like it’s raised more questions than answered at this point.

To survive they’ll have to rely on content. Anyone who owns movie content can stream anymore, they won’t need Netflix for the distribution.
They will really have to be more conservative with their original content, which for a while they were just giving away millions of dollars to just about anybody. They have had a lot more misses that have simply disappeared after a season or two and wasted millions trying to compete for prestige like HBO shows. Considering they are set to lose a 1/3 to almost 1/2 of their content viewership when the studios pull their shows for their own platform. The Office (17%) and Friends (9%) account for more than a 1/4 of all content streamed on Netflix. Netflix isn't doomed but considering the loss of guaranteed streams from old sitcoms and dramas, their future isn't as bright as it was just a few years ago.