Neil Young

If you want an interesting read check out the Neil Young biography, Shakey. Dude basically marches to the beat of his own drum and makes sharp life changing turns at any moment which leaves many folks scratching their heads. At one time he was an unabashed Reagan supporter, caused him a lot of grief with band mates especially Crosby. Also famous for charging top $ to his shows then playing whatever he feels like which might mean a night of all the new album plus a couple deep tracks from his extensive catalog. But there is no doubting his song writing chops and while his singing voice is not for everyone and Crazy Horse can be plenty sloppy he is a generational talent.

If you want an interesting read check out the Neil Young biography, Shakey. Dude basically marches to the beat of his own drum and makes sharp life changing turns at any moment which leaves many folks scratching their heads. At one time he was an unabashed Reagan supporter, caused him a lot of grief with band mates especially Crosby. Also famous for charging top $ to his shows then playing whatever he feels like which might mean a night of all the new album plus a couple deep tracks from his extensive catalog. But there is no doubting his song writing chops and while his singing voice is not for everyone and Crazy Horse can be plenty sloppy he is a generational talent.

Crazy Horse was one of the greatest garage bands ever.

From my favorite Neil Young album "After the Gold Rush".

"Tonight's the Night" is maybe my second favorite.

Went to two of his shows in the early 90s. The one at Blossoms, about 20 min before the end Joe Walsh steps out, they hand him a guitar and they went to town...then the encore...played dueling guitars for 15 min to 'Tonight's the Night"... it was over when they had torn the stings on all of the guitars.

Last edited:
Lol, you’re a putz.

lol

Just like yourself, "douche" is no longer blocked on this newer site. Not a coincidence, methinks.....

btw, an Elder alum up north here that I did like just passed away suddenly. RIP, R. Deron Harp.

edit - had the wrong spelling of Deron's name originally, and I see now that another Darren Harp is from Cinci. I hope I didn't freak anyone out :oops:

Last edited:
I saw the Stills-Young Band at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium during the infamous "Long May You Run" Tour in 1976 (yeah, I'm that old). Shortly after the Cincinnati show, Neil quit in the middle of the tour, leaving Stills and everyone else hanging. I love Neil's music, but that was a Grade-A douche move.

Side note: the date of the concert in Cincinnati was 7/14/1976. 714 was my favorite number back then. ;) Unfortunately, somewhere over the years, I lost the ticket stub.

20200128_223333.jpg

Check.

I saw the Stills-Young Band at Cincinnati's Riverfront Stadium during the infamous "Long May You Run" Tour in 1976 (yeah, I'm that old). Shortly after the Cincinnati show, Neil quit in the middle of the tour, leaving Stills and everyone else hanging. I love Neil's music, but that was a Grade-A douche move.

Side note: the date of the concert in Cincinnati was 7/14/1976. 714 was my favorite number back then. ;) Unfortunately, somewhere over the years, I lost the ticket stub.

A lot of folks liked that number back in the day...
Rorer-714.jpg

It’s one of the great misconceptions in rock that sweet home was a criticism of Neil Young, when in fact it was an endorsement and Ronnie and Neil were in fact very good friends.
I'd think it was an endorsement of Alabama the state, in response to https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/neilyoung/alabama.html , if anything related to Young.

Friends jab at each other. Friends differ in political leanings. "A southern man don't need you around....anyhow" doesn't mean "adversary"

Last edited: