NE8 conference 2019-2020

Struthers trailed Girard at halftime, 21-16. Then rallied to take a 38-26 lead after 3. And ended up winning, 66-37.

Struthers trailed Girard at halftime, 21-16. Then rallied to take a 38-26 lead after 3. And ended up winning, 66-37.
Really physical game in the first half, struthers just wore girard down and got some shots to fall. There was a lid on the rim in the first half.

Really physical game in the first half, struthers just wore girard down and got some shots to fall. There was a lid on the rim in the first half.
50-16 second half was really impressive. When the Cats get to their style of play they can beat almost anyone.
Nice job tonight on the road.

Girard just doesn’t have the guys this season. Still well coached, and made struthers really uncomfortable until the 4th. Struthers talent just took over, and it was too much for a young Indians squad

Struthers shoots maybe 25 percent and squeezed by Niles tonight. Cats need to start finding a way to speed up other teams when they hold it for 3 minutes before a shot

Struthers shoots maybe 25 percent and squeezed by Niles tonight. Cats need to start finding a way to speed up other teams when they hold it for 3 minutes before a shot
Teams got the message to play slowdown versus the Cats. And it does tend to keep them in the game rather than get blown out.
Watched most of SR-Girard. Nice road win for the Indians.
Just want to see the Cats keep winning. A win is a win.

Seems like Struthers has to play a fast pace, or it frustrates them. With their talent, they should be able to play any style.

What a win for Girard. I was not sure if they could win a game like that, but they proved me wrong. I didn't attend, but word is they controlled most of the game, and look like they are figuring some things out. Hopefully they stay competitive for the rest of the year.

Seems like Struthers has to play a fast pace, or it frustrates them. With their talent, they should be able to play any style.

What a win for Girard. I was not sure if they could win a game like that, but they proved me wrong. I didn't attend, but word is they controlled most of the game, and look like they are figuring some things out. Hopefully they stay competitive for the rest of the year.
I watched that game on YSN Live. They were in control a good part of the game, at one point being up by 13, 37-24. SR started slowly getting back in the game at that point. But give Girard credit, they didn't lose their composure at the end and hung on for the win.
Indians need to clean up some of the sloppy charging fouls. (Had about 3 in a short period of time)
A very impressive win on the road. Girard will surprise a few teams this year.

I was shocked to see girard beat south range, girard plays hard tho that’s forsure, seems like lakeview kinda fell through the cracks this season after having some good years, still a good program but the league will probably come down to struthers and Poland

Scores from last night

Struthers 73 Hubbard 61
Niles 40 Poland 38
South Range 52 Jefferson 49
Girard 53 Lakeview 47

Should be an interesting Finish with closer games then expected

Current standings:
Poland 6-1 8-4
Struthers 6-1 10-1
Lakeview 4-3 7-8
Girard 4-3 5-8
South Range 3-4 8-4
Jefferson Area 2-5 4-7
Niles McKinley 2-5 3-9
Hubbard 1-6 4-7

Upcoming games this week for the contenders:

Poland- 21- Springfield Local, 24- Struthers
Struthers- 24- At Poland, 26- vs. Lake at Canton Memorial Field House
Lakeview- 24- South Range
Girard- 21 At Ursuline, 24- Jefferson Area
South Range- 21- Waterloo, 24- At Lakeview

Plenty of good games this week.
NE8 is definitely unpredictable this year.
What I'd call a "Pandora's Box":
("Any source of great and unexpected troubles", or alternatively "A present which seems valuable but which in reality is a curse")

Will be interesting to see claims the prize.

Remaining games for the "Top 5", the other 3 are pretenders. However, Niles definitely likes to throw a monkey wrench in there.

Poland- Springfield Local, Struthers, South Range, @ Girard, @ Lakeview, @ Niles, Austintown Fitch, @ Canfield
Struthers- @ Poland, Uniontown Lake @ Canton, Lakeview, @ South Range, Girard, Perry, Niles
Lakeview- South Range, @ Struthers, Niles, Poland, @ Jefferson, Girard , LaBrae
Girard- @ Ursuline, Jefferson, @ Niles, @ Struthers, South Range, @ Lakeview, Springfield Local
South Range- Waterloo, @ Lakeview, @ Poland, Struthers, Niles, Ursuline, Mooney

Struthers tops poland by one at poland in an incredible atmosphere, haven’t seen that many people at a regular season game in the valley in a very long time

Struthers tops poland by one at poland in an incredible atmosphere, haven’t seen that many people at a regular season game in the valley in a very long time
Watched the game live from a couple of stations.
Incredible game to watch with an electric atmosphere. Looked like a packed house. Made me think of the Struthers-Poland game at Boardman a few years ago. (36-33)
Get ready ........... this is what to expect from the Boardman District.
Coach W looked exhausted. Said he hopes we don't have to play them again.

Buckeye .......... trying to watch the game impartially, but it seemed awfully evident that the refs were favoring one team. Am I correct?
What's your take?

Watched the game live from a couple of stations.
Incredible game to watch with an electric atmosphere. Looked like a packed house. Made me think of the Struthers-Poland game at Boardman a few years ago. (36-33)
Get ready ........... this is what to expect from the Boardman District.
Coach W looked exhausted. Said he hopes we don't have to play them again.

Buckeye .......... trying to watch the game impartially, but it seemed awfully evident that the refs were favoring one team. Am I correct?
What's your take?
Def were some questionable calls that didn’t go our way, and that no call on the travel that our poland ahead last was absolutely horrible, if refs let teams get physical with poland they implode, but when you get called for small bumps it’s tough to beat them, you can’t really make them that uncomfortable

NE8 standings...

1. Struthers 12-2, 8-1
2. Poland 10-5, 7-2
3. Girard 6-10, 5-4
4. South Range 9-6, 4-5
4. Lakeview 7-9, 4-5
4. Jefferson 5-9, 4-5
7. Hubbard 5-10, 2-7
8. Niles 3-12, 2-7

Friday games...

Struthers at Jefferson
Poland at Girard
Hubbard at South Range
Niles at Lakeview

Friday games...

Struthers at Jefferson
Poland at Girard
Hubbard at South Range
Niles at Lakeview

Struthers at Jefferson
Poland at Girard
Hubbard at South Range
Niles at Lakeview

Gonna go with a few upsets Friday........ (wishful thinking) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I watched a bit of Poland-SR. Was sitting at 14-9 for the longest time due to the slowdown tactics. (Was 19-9 at half)

I don't know about anyone else, but there needs to be a shot clock. You can fall asleep watching Poland play. The only reason they do it against us is they're afraid of a 40-point beatdown, like several years ago.
I sure hope they get knocked off early in the tournament. Definitely don't want nothing to do with Grisdale's group anymore this year.