NE8 2021

I forgot that Alliance game was technically a "playoff" game. No that kid was a stud. They were a 6-7 win team if he was healthy all year. They beat Louisville the week after they lost to us.
Yeah, I totally agree. He somewhat reminded me of Mark Waid his senior year but with a stronger arm.

Those 2 (D3) playoff games was very good experience for such a young team last year. That Geneva game should never have been a loss. I heard they want on our schedule.

Jefferson got real excited when they came close to beating Hubbard. They got pounded by Struthers the next week and Struthers stunk

Weak OOC... Grand Valley, Harvey, Edgewood. Lakeview and Girard. That’s 5.
Jefferson had way more younger talent last year than Girard did. Even though Girard’s top 3 returning players are better than anyone Jefferson has.

I agree with both.
Girard isnt goung to be that good(I say that every year) but this year it's really true. They don't have any depth at all and there isn't any help coming up.

I.... dont think Niles wins 6. I don't know who their OOCs are but losing the QB is huge. A lot of leadership and playmaking ability is gone.

Jefferson surprised me with their ability to stay fairly close in games last year. They may be halfway decent.

South Range is gonna be South Range.

Hubbard is one team that I'm curious about. They could be pretty good, but no matter how good, playoffs aren't their friend.

Niles’s OOC is Howland, Alliance, Youngstown East. All are potential wins. In the NE8, they can beat Lakeview, Jefferson, Girard, Struthers. Wouldn’t surprise me if they hung with Hubbard either.
They have talent... Derr, Christopher, Gardner, Merlo, Rossi, etc. Keeley is really good. Another Cicero is coming up. And they have some good size up front. I agree that they need to figure out what to do at QB... but Gardner and the OL alone should be good for 6 wins against their schedule.

Weak OOC... Grand Valley, Harvey, Edgewood. Lakeview and Girard. That’s 5.
Jefferson had way more younger talent last year than Girard did. Even though Girard’s top 3 returning players are better than anyone Jefferson has.

Niles’s OOC is Howland, Alliance, Youngstown East. All are potential wins. In the NE8, they can beat Lakeview, Jefferson, Girard, Struthers. Wouldn’t surprise me if they hung with Hubbard either.
They have talent... Derr, Christopher, Gardner, Merlo, Rossi, etc. Keeley is really good. Another Cicero is coming up. And they have some good size up front. I agree that they need to figure out what to do at QB... but Gardner and the OL alone should be good for 6 wins against their schedule.
Yes that’s a very weak out of conference schedule for Jefferson. But that’s weak when compared to other schools not them. I see somewhere from 2 to 5 wins

I saw in the paper today that Dan Yeagley is retiring as teacher at South Range. Will he continue as the HC for football, or retiring from both?

It would be a good thing for Jefferson to do! They have been trying to get out of the NE8 for a while. Most recently in 2017 and 2018. Coach Rankin(former) did not care who they played. But did see the writing on the walls. The CVC wanted Jefferson to bring in another team with them! PV was mentioned but they do not want to leave the NAC. It will be interesting to see what both conferences do next season! Best of luck to everyone!
Have heard that Jefferson will be submitting paperwork to leave the league after next season, I’d think the logical replacement would be Howland.

It would be a good thing for Jefferson to do! They have been trying to get out of the NE8 for a while. Most recently in 2017 and 2018. Coach Rankin(former) did not care who they played. But did see the writing on the walls. The CVC wanted Jefferson to bring in another team with them! PV was mentioned but they do not want to leave the NAC. It will be interesting to see what both conferences do next season! Best of luck to everyone!
Being in the NE8 isn’t too appealing for a coach being at Jefferson either, no coach wants to be playing from behind while trying to build a program

I saw in the paper today that Dan Yeagley is retiring as teacher at South Range. Will he continue as the HC for football, or retiring from both?
He was on a retire - rehire program. You can only do that for so many years.....those years are up. So he is retiring as a math teacher at South Range. He plans to continue coaching, but as we all know, if someone in the school wants the head football coaching position, and the fact they are on 1-year supplemental contracts the BOD probably goes with a teacher.

I would hope that Dan has earned enough respect that he can leave the sidelines on his own terms.

He was on a retire - rehire program. You can only do that for so many years.....those years are up. So he is retiring as a math teacher at South Range. He plans to continue coaching, but as we all know, if someone in the school wants the head football coaching position, and the fact they are on 1-year supplemental contracts the BOD probably goes with a teacher.

I would hope that Dan has earned enough respect that he can leave the sidelines on his own terms.
I would think they would do him right and let him go at his choice

Wild to me coach rankin didn’t mind those kids getting on a bus 3-5 times a year and losing by 50 almost every time. That creates apathy within the team and school and really kills any semblance of a program. Jefferson needs to win games. So they need to leave.

My guess is Valley has the inside track. Don't know if they had anyone transfer in. Im sure they will have packages for Malito. The freshman Sims will be most athletic QB but had heard whispers that Ursuline was in the mix.

My guess is Valley has the inside track. Don't know if they had anyone transfer in. Im sure they will have packages for Malito. The freshman Sims will be most athletic QB but had heard whispers that Ursuline was in the mix.
This season Is a question mark all over, they have to get malito involved lots

Is Bowser at Girard now? Was he ever at Girard?
Out of curiosity, I was looking at Girard’s roster on Max Preps and noticed Bowser. The roster isn’t complete. And it is Max Preps, so it could be nothing. Just figured I’d ask.
Hubbard’s roster, which is usually very accurate, hasn’t been posted yet.

Is Bowser at Girard now? Was he ever at Girard?
Out of curiosity, I was looking at Girard’s roster on Max Preps and noticed Bowser. The roster isn’t complete. And it is Max Preps, so it could be nothing. Just figured I’d ask.
Hubbard’s roster, which is usually very accurate, hasn’t been posted yet.
Usually after doubles/pictures they post them, so the numbers are accurate

Bowser played for Hubbard last year and earned Honorable Mention NE8. Damn good wrestler too.

Malito will need to touch the ball often. Mays will be a good player for the Indians as well. Team was young last year.

Bowser played for Hubbard last year and earned Honorable Mention NE8. Damn good wrestler too.

Malito will need to touch the ball often. Mays will be a good player for the Indians as well. Team was young last year.
They need a Qb or their scheme just won’t work