NCAA Wrestling Tournament on ESPN

19AL63

The tournament is on both ESPN and ESPNU and since I do not get ESPNU much is not available to me. So I call Spectrum to see if I can add U for a month. they said yes and they gave me a add on package they said would do the job. Go to get on U and still locked out. Call back and I was told after much research wrong package and have to cancel the package they gave me and got the new one installed. Just took about 90 minutes total to get the job done. Looking forward to watch hours of wrestling.

Since most of the loser brackets are on ESPNU and i figured since I want to watch the OSU wrestlers I really needed U. To be honest I really doubt any Buckeyes will be in the finals this year.

Since most of the loser brackets are on ESPNU and i figured since I want to watch the OSU wrestlers I really needed U. To be honest I really doubt any Buckeyes will be in the finals this year.
Sasso is expected by seeding if Gomez isn’t healthy and hasn’t been I like Sammy to make the finals

Morning sessions are on ESPNU, evening sessions on ESPN. All matches available via ESPN streaming service (not sure if it's ESPN+ or ESPN3 these days).

I do have ESPNU on my spectrum 1303. I can watch their coverage from 12 to 3:30pm

Tanner Jordan to kick things off
Demas also going now. He is winning. If her wins he gets Yanni.

I'm gonna start a thread for NCAA updates

Last edited:
The tournament is on both ESPN and ESPNU and since I do not get ESPNU much is not available to me. So I call Spectrum to see if I can add U for a month. they said yes and they gave me an add on package they said would do the job. Go to get on U and still locked out. Call back and I was told after much research wrong package and have to cancel the package they gave me and got the new one installed. Just took about 90 minutes total to get the job done. Looking forward to watch hours of wrestling.
How much? I have spectrum streaming and it doesnt carry espnu

Streaming is the way to go. If you don't have ESPN+ you can get it pretty cheap for the month. ESPN+ has a stream for every mat, it has the broadcast option, and also the matcast with all 8 mats on 1 screen. If you don't stream I would strongly suggest making the jump for the NCAA wrestling tournament alone. The extra options are worth way more than the 1 month price you would he charged.

After watching all sessions I feel like ESPN has got to be putting extra effort to make sure they show as little of Ohio State wrestlers in action as possible. Very little of Sasso and Romero they did make sure to show the end of Ethan Smith losing and a few other that lost . Am I wrong in the way I feel?

ESPN+. 6.95 a month in the Disney bundle. Hundreds of college football and basketball games and every match of NCAA wrestling tourney. About the same as a craft beer in a bar. It’s a great deal.

ESPN+. 6.95 a month in the Disney bundle. Hundreds of college football and basketball games and every match of NCAA wrestling tourney. About the same as a craft beer in a bar. It’s a great deal.
Literally signed up for this last night during R16. Actually made my phone bill cheaper, too - ha

Also if you have the American Express Platinum card you get $240 in select streaming services reimbursed if you pay for it with your card.
ESPN+ is one of the choices, so you basically get ESPN+ for free.

You can also get a free trial of Youtube TV and then get access through the ESPN app to choose which stream you want.

I have ESPN+ but it didn't let me access NCAAs without a cable login.

After watching all sessions I feel like ESPN has got to be putting extra effort to make sure they show as little of Ohio State wrestlers in action as possible. Very little of Sasso and Romero they did make sure to show the end of Ethan Smith losing and a few other that lost . Am I wrong in the way I feel?
Now be honest don't you feel a little sorry for Arron Brooks in the quarters having to wrestle Romero which meant very little TV time. Even the very tight match of Sasso's had limited time.

Now be honest don't you feel a little sorry for Arron Brooks in the quarters having to wrestle Romero which meant very little TV time. Even the very tight match of Sasso's had limited time.
Nobody wants to watch a 2-1 Sasso/Yahya match 😂

ESPN ALWAYS shows the #1 seed. The other match shown is usually either the #2 seed, a match that is expected to score a lot of points, or Penn State (#1 team in the standings). At #141 you're showing Yianni and you're showing the 10-7 Penn State match. If Romero could hang with Brooks I'm sure they would have shown much more of his match.

Did you see the great interview ESPN did with Sasso after scoring a major in the semi? Without doubt Sasso wrestled one of his best match of the year and not so much as a great match good luck tomorrow night.

Nobody wants to watch a 2-1 Sasso/Yahya match 😂
It was 4-2 and the match was exciting and if it had been 10 seconds longer I think we would of seen overtime. Lots of moves attempted and countered, you did not get to see two people standing up hugging each other for the most of the seven minutes.

Last edited:
I thought I would mention last night they announced the matchups for each weight class and name the wrestlers that is until the got to the last match of the night at 149 pounds. Talked about Yanni and how he was going for number four and then some how forgot to name the person he was going against and you people laugh when I tell you ESPN has a thing about the OSU.

1679234876318.png

I thought I would mention last night they announced the matchups for each weight class and name the wrestlers that is until the got to the last match of the night at 149 pounds. Talked about Yanni and how he was going for number four and then some how forgot to name the person he was going against and you people laugh when I tell you ESPN has a thing about the OSU.
eFpn!