NCAA Tournament Thread

Anyway, the 2nd half played out like I thought it would. ND had a great game plan, but UNC just had too much size. Not much you can do when Johnson is hitting those mid range jumpers.

If Roy walks away with the trophy next week, what's that do for his standing comparative to the "great" coaches in college basketball? It's hard to justify continuing to call the guy an underachiever or mediocre if he hauls in his third title. By the metric of titles won he would pass Dean Smith in UNC lore.

:laugh: at Mark Emmert, during a conversation about paying college athletes, and the need to fund every sport:

"We are very fortunate that NCAA Basketball has become so popular....It could have just as easily been lacrosse or volleyball."

Thanks Virginia for keeping me from wrapping up one of the office pools I'm in. A Virginia win and 1st place is wrapped up. Blah!!!

Had UK, Kansas, A&M, Baylor, Maryland, California, Michigan State, VCU and West Virginia not lost, I would also be in first place in my work pool. Sucks to be so close and come up short.

Gonzaga is a hundred times better viewing experience than Syracuse. They blew that chance. This is really all Michigan State's fault though. UNC-MSU would have been phenomenal

Syracuse being in the final 4 is so gross
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/on-pro...by-schools-with-scandals-045055152-ncaab.html

Thus a rather awkward Final Four matchup is set – at least it’s awkward for those who want to believe that NCAA crime doesn’t pay. None of the current players were involved in any of the shenanigans at either Syracuse or North Carolina – but both coaches were on the scene when stuff happened. They haven’t enjoyed the trip through the enforcement labyrinth, but it hasn’t stopped them, either.

Roy Williams and Jim Boeheim may have a chuckle about it all at midcourt before the game Saturday night. Two scandal-scarred Hall of Famers who beat a messy system to once again reach the pinnacle of their sport.