NCAA Tournament Discussion

Read something on twitter:

Over the last 9 years Villanova has only gotten past the second round twice. Each two times they got past the second round they have they won it all.

Funny because before 3 years ago he had a rep of not being a tournament coach. Funny how things change

I could see him taking the Duke job if offered. Other than that I agree with your synopsis

i'm guessing there is a former Duke player (maybe an asst now because i think all the assts are former Duke players) that is considered an "heir apparent" to K.

not sure which one it is. i dont know how much longer K will coach.

thought it may have been Capel but what's he gonna do, go to Pitt for 2-3 years then come right back to Duke once K retires?

i am totally guessing on the 2-3 years. i have no idea how much longer K wants to coach.

I don't know that Duke has an "heir apparent" currently or recently on their staff. The best K has had to offer in terms of assistants include the likes of Capel, Dawkins and Wojo, all of which have been underwhelming for the most part as head coaches.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I could see him taking the Duke job if offered. Other than that I agree with your synopsis

It would take a job (high paying private) like that to take him away, IMO. But I would be surprised. Just a feeling though, obviously when people are shown crazy money, they react differently.

It would take a job (high paying private) like that to take him away, IMO. But I would be surprised. Just a feeling though, obviously when people are shown crazy money, they react differently.

Yeah i totally agree. I just happen to think Duke is likely the only other place he would want to coach at. Pure speculation on my part.

Why would he do that? I think Duke is one of those programs that, when Coach K. leaves, their top tier status will go along with him. Kind of like a UCLA after Wooden. I have no idea how he gets the talent he gets, but I don't see another coach going in there - alum or not and having that success.

Congrats to Villanova from a die-hard Michigan fan. Very fun team to watch over the past 3 weeks.

Michigan will be a team to beat in the Big Ten next season despite losing some big players.

How do you figure? I'd guess Wagner is gone, and Abdur-Rahkman as well. Do they have some big time recruits coming? Simpson is ok but has some holes in his game and can't shoot. Big Ten is more than likely going to be wide open next year, Michigan may be in the mix, but not the team to beat.

Over the last 9 years Villanova has only gotten past the second round twice. Each two times they got past the second round they have they won it all.

Funny because before 3 years ago he had a rep of not being a tournament coach. Funny how things change

He’s got those 2 Titles, that’s all that matters. If Bennet wants to shed the image he has, he’s got to at least get to a FF. Until then, it’s fair to criticize him.

That was his rep. Lot of great regular seasons and early exits. He's been around for a long time. Panther boy would have wanted him fired 4 years ago,

That was his rep. Lot of great regular seasons and early exits. He's been around for a long time. Panther boy would have wanted him fired 4 years ago,

Nah, unlike that human nutsack, Mick, he’s a strong leader, capable of building a program. You expect that trash bag to actually build UC into what Nova is when he can’t even take responsibility for his failures?

UC has won 30+ games two seasons in a row. Wright lost 19 and 14 games in the seasons before this incredible 5 season run. There’s no way anyone would have said he’s getting progressively better at that point. That’s just a dumb comment.

UC has won 30+ games two seasons in a row. Wright lost 19 and 14 games in the seasons before this incredible 5 season run. There’s no way anyone would have said he’s getting progressively better at that point. That’s just a dumb comment.

Convenient to leave out the success he had in prior seasons, including winning the Big East in ‘06. It was after the ‘12-‘13 season, you saw them build back up and get better each year.

Obviously you would have ran him out of town after those two seasons and called his final 4 a fluke and bytched about him only winning the be one time in 12 years. :laugh:

Wright’s teams got progressively better. It was easy to see Nova trending in the right direction, can’t say the same for UC.

Y7Wiwu4.png