NCAA Tournament Discussion

pboy is being overly combative because he's upset about Duke choking, being made to look like a fool with his contradictory statements on Xavier's national title chances, and of course the evergreen not getting laid frustration.

pboy is being overly combative because he's upset about Duke choking, being made to look like a fool with his contradictory statements on Xavier's national title chances, and of course the evergreen not getting laid frustration.

No, just pointing out EP is wrong. Nova wasn’t dominant all year, but they’ve dominated in the Tourney. I’d say the last real dominant team, that won a Title, was UK in ‘12.

Lol so Pboy is exposing himself as an idiot again.

I will argue though it has been more than just a dominant tournament run. Nova during its February slide also had injury issues, I believe Booth was out and they simply did not make threes those games. Let’s be honest Nova blew pretty much everyone out during the season.

This Nova team is better than they were two years ago when the won it all.

Sure they could lose tonight, an off night shooting and Michigan will have a great chance. However if Nova plays the way they have been it will take an all time performance by Michigan to keep pace.

One of the few things working in Michigan's favor for thos matchup is their defense. Villanova hasn't faced many good yet alone elite defenses over the course of the season.

Keys for Michigan are to hold Villanova to under 33% from 3, get one of their big men in foul trouble, and have 4 of their own players reach double digit scoring.

Generally in the NCAA tournament, you have to play 6 pretty good games to win it all, Michigan has played about 2 and a half. They have enjoyed being in a region with alot of upsets and haven't had to play great teams. Yes, you still have to win the games, but they've not played well at all, other than the Texas Tech game.
I see Villanova in a blowout tonight.
And I was stunned at the adulation Mo Wagner got Saturday. He's 6'11" and he's playing a team with all 6'7" players except 1 and he was un-athletic as all get out. The announcers just praised this kid like he was doing something special, I'd hope to goodness he'd get some rebounds at 6'11"???

And I was stunned at the adulation Mo Wagner got Saturday. He's 6'11" and he's playing a team with all 6'7" players except 1 and he was un-athletic as all get out. The announcers just praised this kid like he was doing something special, I'd hope to goodness he'd get some rebounds at 6'11"???

Wagner's no Bagley or Ayton but he's a decent athlete and is exceptionally skilled for his size. He has a good chance of getting drafted in the 1st round this year.

Loyola was a fairly "small" team but they were also one of the top defensive teams in the whole country. The big center guarding Wagner wasn't a scrub either - he was 3rd team all conference in a respectable league.

Wagner shooting 10-16 (3-7 from 3) for 24 points while also grabbing 15 rebounds with 3 steals was an exceptional performance no matter which way you look at it.

Now I also wouldn't be surprised if Villanova completely shuts him down tonight. He'll have to make shots for Michigan to have a chance.

Lol so Pboy is exposing himself as an idiot again.

I will argue though it has been more than just a dominant tournament run. Nova during its February slide also had injury issues, I believe Booth was out and they simply did not make threes those games. Let’s be honest Nova blew pretty much everyone out during the season.

This Nova team is better than they were two years ago when the won it all.

Sure they could lose tonight, an off night shooting and Michigan will have a great chance. However if Nova plays the way they have been it will take an all time performance by Michigan to keep pace.

To quote you “a yr everyone said lacked a dominant team, Nova has been just that.” If that’s referencing the Tourney, it’s poorly phrased.

for Michigan to have a chance, they need to figure out a way to make Nova take tough, contested 3's.

Michigan has held it's opponents to 32.7% from 3 this season. Nova shoots over 40% as a team.

something's gotta give.

Nova defends the 3 as well as they shoot it so if Michigan can't counter Nova's shooting with some of their own, we are in for a boring National Championship game.

we shall see.

You're all forgetting one thing.
Easter.
Just listen to Judy Garland and the sound track of "Easter Parade". You'll see what I'm getting at.

Congrats to Villanova from a die-hard Michigan fan. Very fun team to watch over the past 3 weeks.

Michigan will be a team to beat in the Big Ten next season despite losing some big players.

Those recruiting Catholic schools again! We need some kind of competitive balance, so the public schools can compete!

To quote you “a yr everyone said lacked a dominant team, Nova has been just that.” If that’s referencing the Tourney, it’s poorly phrased.

You’re taking that out of the context he gave earlier in his post when he explicitly said they were dominant in the tourney. He doesn’t need to continue qualifying they were dominant in the tourney in each sentence after, unless the reader is a complete and utter moron. :laugh:

Villanova ended up 36 and 4....was 19-0 against non con teams.....beat every tournament team by at least 12 points...while playing in one of the top 3 conferences in the land. To say that is not dominant is beyond delusional!!!!!!

Yeah, they certainly were dominant. They hit a bit of a mid season lull with a few injuries, but pretty much ended the season on a most difinitively dominant note. Pboy is just being a ja.

You’re taking that out of the context he gave earlier in his post when he explicitly said they were dominant in the tourney. He doesn’t need to continue qualifying they were dominant in the tourney in each sentence after, unless the reader is a complete and utter moron. :laugh:

Incorrect, his last two sentences were vaguely written. He’s implying that they were dominant all season and we just didn’t realize it.

Yeah, they certainly were dominant. They hit a bit of a mid season lull with a few injuries, but pretty much ended the season on a most difinitively dominant note. Pboy is just being a ja.

Dominant in the Tourney, but that mid season dip keeps them from being considered dominant through the yr. Dominant is not a word that should be thrown around.

Dominant in the Tourney, but that mid season dip keeps them from being considered dominant through the yr. Dominant is not a word that should be thrown around.

Well, he said tournament, which you already agree with. For some reason you seem to want to call him out on something he didn’t say.

Incorrect, his last two sentences were vaguely written. He’s implying that they were dominant all season and we just didn’t realize it.

It’s not incorrect at all. If you can read, he already established the context of his statement of Nova being dominant in the tourney. :shrug:

one of 3 active coaches with multiple titles? wow. thought there'd be more.

K and Roy? are those the other 2?

Weird, but I guess that's correct. I didn't realize Wright is already 56, have to wonder if he'll jump to the NBA at that age. I know it's not old for a coach, but for a first time HC, it's quite a stretch.

Wright seems like a lifer at Nova. Could be wrong, but that’s the vibe I get. It seems like he enjoys the culture and family atmosphere he has cultivated there.