NCAA to allow 25% fans at all rounds of its tournament

They should open up all sports to any fans who want to attend ! If you choose not go that is certainly your right.
The laughable part is if games were open, they would be sold out. The 2021 riots will be lit if they don’t open up

Your daily reminder about how liberals ruin everything. It's an east concept, if you don't want to attend stay home. The sports this year have been like scrimmages, it's fun when fans are there.

Your daily reminder about how liberals ruin everything. It's an east concept, if you don't want to attend stay home. The sports this year have been like scrimmages, it's fun when fans are there.
I have an even easier concept for you: Grandparents want to safely attend a basketball game during their grandchild's senior year. How are they supposed to feel safe when instead of just giving family tickets, they let anyone in town show up and pack the gym?

My dad is 70, he attends games to watch his grandson. Takes his mask off too. We live in United States, we don't wear masks.

Reactions: y2h
The survival rate of the China virus is over 98%....higher if you are under 65.....so people can't go watch a game , or go to a bar,because they might get a cold ?? If you don't want the cold, then stay home. What is so difficult about that ??

Say it with me. It's not about the person at the game or at the bar. It's about the at-risk people they come in contact with later.

I'm in my 30s with no health risks, but I refuse to be the person who infects my parents who both now have their own health concerns, or be part of the chain that leads to someone with a compromised immune system to become infected.

Try looking beyond your line of sight.

The survival rate of the China virus is over 98%....higher if you are under 65.....so people can't go watch a game , or go to a bar,because they might get a cold ?? If you don't want the cold, then stay home. What is so difficult about that ??
Say it with me. It's not about the person at the game or at the bar. It's about the at-risk people they come in contact with later.

I'm in my 30s with no health risks, but I refuse to be the person who infects my parents who both now have their own health concerns, or be part of the chain that leads to someone with a compromised immune system to become infected.

I totally agree with this..chances of asymptomatic people passing this on unknowingly.

I have an even easier concept for you: Grandparents want to safely attend a basketball game during their grandchild's senior year. How are they supposed to feel safe when instead of just giving family tickets, they let anyone in town show up and pack the gym?
I see we have a new normal guy in the crowd.

If you are scared to leave your home you've lost the game of life. COVID will still be around next year (along with the flu, pneumonia etc) not to mention the risk in driving to the game.

How do they feel safe surrounded by strangers at the store?

The at-risk people have the choice to stay home, as well.

“We live in United States, we don’t wear masks”
The official motto of the country with 500,000 deaths. You people crack me up
Your fear of leaving your house due to a mild virus cracks me up.

The numbers are inflated. Ask yourself why the flu has dramatically decreased this year.

So what happens when you give them the flu next year. You wearing a mask and social distancing for the rest of your life?

Let's get back on topic. Is there any word of this actually trickling down to OHSAA? I know Dewine said indoor venues could be at 25% capacity now. However, hearing some ticket allotments for this week's tournament games, it doesn't seem like that is the case.

For example, Vandalia-Butler's facility holds ~4,000 people, but people in the school's I have contact with aren't getting ~500/school.

“We live in United States, we don’t wear masks”
The official motto of the country with 500,000 deaths. You people crack me up
Out of those 500k how many had funerals where the message was they are no longer in pain from physical suffering, and in fact are in a better place than those of us on earth?

So mabe they were the lucky ones?

If the goal is to be happy they got their eternal happy sooner than the rest of us who have to be subjected to Covid restrictions.

The at-risk people have the choice to stay home, as well.

Sure, they will likely stay home from a basketball game. But it's unreasonable to expect them to be complete shut-ins. They still need to go buy their groceries, among other things, and intermix with the rest of us. That's where they rely on the rest of us to make responsible decisions.

So what happens when you give them the flu next year. You wearing a mask and social distancing for the rest of your life?

Stop comparing this to the damn flu. We have far more defenses against the flu, like vaccines we can get each year. Plus the flu has a much shorter incubation period, so you can isolate yourself much more quickly while you recover.

My prediction is that coronavirus becomes another routine sickness that we can contract, but keep at bay with more widespread vaccines, just like we currently handle the flu. Or we could could luck out and it eventually goes the way of smallpox. But a year later, we're not there yet.

Out of those 500k how many had funerals where the message was they are no longer in pain from physical suffering, and in fact are in a better place than those of us on earth?

So mabe they were the lucky ones?

If the goal is to be happy they got their eternal happy sooner than the rest of us who have to be subjected to Covid restrictions.

Oh yeah sure. We're soooooooo oppressed that death is the better option.

Oh yeah sure. We're soooooooo oppressed that death is the better option.
I agree. For those who have their hope in a better place this is true.

"THIS WORLD IS NOT MY HOME,
IM ONLY PASSING THROUGH,
MY TREASURES ARE LAID UP,
SOMEWHERE BEYOND THE BLUE....and I don't feel at home in this world anymore ".

Sure, they will likely stay home from a basketball game. But it's unreasonable to expect them to be complete shut-ins. They still need to go buy their groceries, among other things, and intermix with the rest of us. That's where they rely on the rest of us to make responsible decisions.
You don't even have to go into stores to buy your groceries any longer.

You don't even have to go into stores to buy your groceries any longer.

I'm aware. The point is there seems to be an unreasonable expectation for the at-risk population to completely sacrifice their way of life so that the rest of us can do innocuous things like attend basketball games. There also seems to be complete ignorance to just how much of our population is at-risk. My father has had a heart attack. My mother has survived cancer twice. My next door neighbor lives with Crohn's disease. You wouldn't know it from looking at them, but they are every bit a part of that crowd. You think they don't also want to contribute to our economy by attending sports, concerts, movies, etc?

The point is that cor will be here FOREVER. It is not going away. Open everything up, those that choose to go should cert6be allowed to attend sporting events, movies, etc. If a grocery store wants to mandate masks, that is certainly their right. But to not open things is up and let people make their own choices is incorrect way to handle things in my opinion. We will live with coronavirus for the rest of our lives. It's time to let people make their own choices whether to attend sports or not. Living in fear is no way to live in my opinion.

The point is that cor will be here FOREVER. It is not going away. Open everything up, those that choose to go should cert6be allowed to attend sporting events, movies, etc. If a grocery store wants to mandate masks, that is certainly their right. But to not open things is up and let people make their own choices is incorrect way to handle things in my opinion. We will live with coronavirus for the rest of our lives. It's time to let people make their own choices whether to attend sports or not. Living in fear is no way to live in my opinion.

Having regard for your fellow man is not fear.

I'm aware. The point is there seems to be an unreasonable expectation for the at-risk population to completely sacrifice their way of life so that the rest of us can do innocuous things like attend basketball games. There also seems to be complete ignorance to just how much of our population is at-risk. My father has had a heart attack. My mother has survived cancer twice. My next door neighbor lives with Crohn's disease. You wouldn't know it from looking at them, but they are every bit a part of that crowd. You think they don't also want to contribute to our economy by attending sports, concerts, movies, etc?
I think there is also an unreasonable expectation for others to give up many things to protect the vulnerable. Why shouldn't those with minimal risk be allowed to do the things they want? As a country, we used to be able to determine what activities we are willing to participate in on our own. Decide if the risk is acceptable or not. That has seemed to disappear.