NCAA Dead Period until July 1

My son coaches D2 ball and told me there would be no off campus recruiting. Actually his exact quote when I asked about it was video recruiting.

so events like top prospect games by pbr lose a little luster because no college coaches in attendance
Definitely. I would see PBR pushing this back to accommodate the dead period. Or they will video record the entire event and send it our as a recorded link version to all college coaches to be able to watch the event.

Problem with pushing them back is nobody really knows what they'll allow in August. Not to mention you probably aren't going to get many pro scouts being that teams have begun furloughing them.

Definitely. I would see PBR pushing this back to accommodate the dead period. Or they will video record the entire event and send it our as a recorded link version to all college coaches to be able to watch the event.
I think this is what will happen and of course taking the rigorous objective numbers. Bird dogs will be in attendance but all the recruiting activities and tournaments will lose their luster. This situation works both ways. The schools and MLB lose the opportunity to recruit and scout in person so things will be missed and guesses will be made. What I think will happen is that these scouting services will be more tightly relied on for the next 18 to 24 months. So if PBR does a good job, it will help them for the future. But if PBR half-a****'s it then their credibility will be in question for the future.

I honestly don't know the answer but I wonder if the MLB scouts who have been furloughed will attend? Are they allowed to. Will it be held against them if they do? A lot of time between now and then. But kinda called this at the beginning

One has to think that if there is an event in your area you will show up and evaluate. Programs are looking to save money in every area but you have to think a coach would put a couple hundred miles on his own vehicle and pay for admission to see some kids play in person.