NCAA day one (Thurs) updates

Paddy, Andonian and Rinni all advance
All St.Eds guys. What happened to Kazmir? Did he graduate? Also, I saw Bryce Hepner at the Schott last week. It was nice to see him.

Oops, just saw your post about Kazmir.

Add Hart in there and that is five St. Eds fellas. Did I miss anyone?

All St.Eds guys. What happened to Kazmir? Did he graduate? Also, I saw Bryce Hepner at the Schott last week. It was nice to see him.

Andonian, Rinni, Hart, Paddy and Kazimir are all still scoring points for their teams. I would love to know what place that St. Eds would be in if they were all on a team of their own.

Add Hart in there and that is five St. Eds fellas. Did I miss anyone?
Nope. Hopefully they all place. Unlikely , but it would be awesome if they did.

Ohio U

149 Hagen lost conso
157 Kellar lost conso
174 Perrine lost conso
184 Lehman coming up, last chance for Ohio U

I don't think he's regressed. With many top ranked wrestlers, especially top ranked recruits, they come in and look really dominant early before the rest of the competition starts to figure out their strengths and weaknesses. In Kharchla's case we all had hoped he could compete for a national title one day. Well now that he's been in the collegiate level for a few years I think it's evident he's not at that level. He's especially not strong enough on top and bottom. He had that one great win against Marinelli which probably altered your expectations. I was actually impressed today that he was able to beat Brady, someone who knows him so well, without getting a takedown. He won in his weakest position, a great accomplishment. I think you should try to match up your expectations with reality instead of taking the easy way out and assuming a wrestler has gotten worse.
The expectations are the expectations. He set the bar high with some big wins early in his career, and AA finish last year. His RS year he beat Cam Amine and Bernie Truax, last year he beat Marinelli, Julian Ramirez a bunch of times, lost 2-0 to O’Toole, lost a close 5-4 to Griffith, and lost 4-2 to Hamiti. Now he just lost to Hamiti 14-2, and you want to call me lazy for saying he regressed? You’re lazy for making excuses for what’s in front of your face, instead of doing some digging and accepting reality. He is hurt? Cool, this is D1 college wrestling, they’re all hurt. The fact of the matter is, he came into the season highly ranked, a returning AA, with reasonable expectations based on past performances. You telling me it’s my fault for my expectations is laughable, considering we are talking about a highly ranked proven guy, not some freshman with hype.

NCAA team score.PNG

The expectations are the expectations. He set the bar high with some big wins early in his career, and AA finish last year. His RS year he beat Cam Amine and Bernie Truax, last year he beat Marinelli, Julian Ramirez a bunch of times, lost 2-0 to O’Toole, lost a close 5-4 to Griffith, and lost 4-2 to Hamiti. Now he just lost to Hamiti 14-2, and you want to call me lazy for saying he regressed? You’re lazy for making excuses for what’s in front of your face, instead of doing some digging and accepting reality. He is hurt? Cool, this is D1 college wrestling, they’re all hurt. The fact of the matter is, he came into the season highly ranked, a returning AA, with reasonable expectations based on past performances. You telling me it’s my fault for my expectations is laughable, considering we are talking about a highly ranked proven guy, not some freshman with hype.
Last year Carson took 4th at Big 10s, this year he took 3rd…seems to be improving🤷‍♂️

Last year Carson took 4th at Big 10s, this year he took 3rd…seems to be improving🤷‍♂️
Amine MFF to him in the 3rd place match haha.

He beat two guys that went 0-2 yesterday at the NCAA Tournament and a guy who didn't get into the NCAA Tournament, to get to that 3rd place match at the B1G Championships as well. Last year, he lost to Amine and Hamiti 4-2 in OT at the B1G, and this year he lost to Hamiti 14-2. Does he still seem to be improving?

Amine MFF to him in the 3rd place match haha.

He beat two guys that went 0-2 yesterday at the NCAA Tournament and a guy who didn't get into the NCAA Tournament, to get to that 3rd place match at the B1G Championships as well. Last year, he lost to Amine and Hamiti 4-2 in OT at the B1G, and this year he lost to Hamiti 14-2. Does he still seem to be improving?
Oh, Amine the one he was robbed against in the dual and lost to in OT? He’s in the exact spot (Quarters w/ O’Toole) as he was last year and 1 spot better at BIG Tourney, so pretty sure that would not match the definition of regression…but then again you ooze negativity & sure seem like the fun guy at a party, so of course you’ll spin it how ya want…btw, that Max Dean kid sure must suck in your book too…

Oh, Amine the one he was robbed against in the dual and lost to in OT? He’s in the exact spot (Quarters w/ O’Toole) as he was last year and 1 spot better at BIG Tourney, so pretty sure that would not match the definition of regression…but then again you ooze negativity & sure seem like the fun guy at a party, so of course you’ll spin it how ya want…btw, that Max Dean kid sure must suck in your book too…
He and Brian are going to drink some green beers together today!

Last edited:
I've been vocal on Karch and his lack of offense losses etc. He also lost a wrestle off to someone NOT as highly recruited. The only disagreement I have with the above is being "hurt", IF he is "hurt" that is a valid reason for performance issues, not everyone who is "hurt" has it effect their wrestling the same it depends on the degree of injury and where it is . I do NOT know if Karch has an "injury" but if he does he doesnt seem to hampered in movement . Example : Anyone who thinks Spencer Lee needs "excuses" or doesnt believe his 5 knee operations haven't effected his performance is a clown who just hates Iowa or Lee.

Gomez too

So what by your definition will be a successful NCAA tournament for him?

Some consistency from OSU wrestlers would be nice.
125. I like him, but was he consistent?
133 ditto
141 ditto
149 yea he was
157 ditto
165 I think so, I don't think we're aware of his injuries
174 ditto and I can't figure him out. So confusing
184 yea he was
197 just doesn't have it. Sorry
285 just doesn't have it. Sorry

Penn State has "it". That's the standard right now. What should be the goal? I'm keenly aware it could be much worse.

I have no history of bashing tOSU wrestlers or oozing negativity on this forum. All the threads calling for Ryan and his assistants heads, I am not involved in them. I am simply stating what a lot of others have noticed as well. Btw he got smashed and teched by O'Toole about an hour ago. He lost to him 2-0 at the same tournament last year. Am I oozing negativity pointing that out? I bet if I was saying this about a PSU or Iowa guy, you would be chiming in with agreement. Instead, you are a typical Scarlett and gray homer, who can't see past 2 feet on this matter.

So what by your definition will be a successful NCAA tournament for him?
I mean, he had a pretty good draw to the quarters, and he has a relatively easy path to AA in the consi now as well. He has no returning AA in his path, nor anyone that was considered an AA threat to start the tournament. So he will probably finish 7-8th, which is a good finish for him in regards to how he's wrestling. I do not think he is a top 8 guy in the weight right now, but he definitely got the draw he needed to get on the podium. Good for him.

I mean, he had a pretty good draw to the quarters, and he has a relatively easy path to AA in the consi now as well. He has no returning AA in his path, nor anyone that was considered an AA threat to start the tournament. So he will probably finish 7-8th, which is a good finish for him in regards to how he's wrestling. I do not think he is a top 8 guy in the weight right now, but he definitely got the draw he needed to get on the podium. Good for him.
Regardless of where he is currently sitting draw wise, what by your definition would be a successful tourney placement for him based on "The expectations" Where does he need to place to meet your expectations?

Regardless of where he is currently sitting draw wise, what by your definition would be a successful tourney placement for him based on "The expectations" Where does he need to place to meet your expectations?
Well my expectations for him now, as in before the NCAA tournament started, was probably DNP - 7/8. My expectations for him preseason would have been 3-5 range.

I really don’t see how you can possibly argue with coherency, that he has not regressed. Hamiti match went from 4-2, to 14-2. O’toole match went from 2-0 to 19-4. His bonus % has dropped by more than 50% of what it was last year. Like, you people need to get with reality.

Semifinal Matchups
Spencer Lee (Iowa) vs Matt Ramos (Purdue)
Liam Cronin (Nebraska) vs Pat Glory (Princeton)

Roman Bravo-Young (Penn State) vs Michael McGee (Arizona State)
Vito Arujau (Cornell) vs Daton Fix (Oklahoma State)

Real Woods (Iowa) vs Brock Hardy (Nebraska)
Beau Bartlett (Penn State) vs Andrew Alirez (Northern Colorado)

Yianni Diakomihalis (Cornell) vs Shayne Van Ness (Penn State)
Kyle Parco (Arizona State) vs Sammy Sasso (Ohio State)

Austin O`Connor (North Carolina) vs Josh Humphreys (Lehigh)
Peyton Robb (Nebraska) vs Levi Haines (Penn State)

David Carr (Iowa State) vs Quincy Monday (Princeton)
Cameron Amine (Michigan) vs Keegan O`Toole (Missouri)

Carter Starocci (Penn State) vs Chris Foca (Cornell)
Mekhi Lewis (Virginia Tech) vs Mikey Labriola (Nebraska)

Parker Keckeisen (Northern Iowa) vs Trey Munoz (Oregon State)
Aaron Brooks (Penn State) vs Trent Hidlay (NC State)

Nino Bonaccorsi (Pittsburgh) vs Ethan Laird (Rider)
Rocky Elam (Missouri) vs Tanner Sloan (South Dakota State)

Mason Parris (Michigan) vs Tony Cassioppi (Iowa)
Greg Kerkvliet (Penn State) vs Wyatt Hendrickson (Air Force)