NCAA day 2 (Fri) updates

Does everyone move up one weight? Playing around with this (I know, before the weekend is even up!)

125- Gonzalez
133- Bouzakis
141- Mendez
149- D'Emilio
157- Sasso
165- Gallagher
174- Kharchla
184- Shumate
197- Hoffman
285- Feldman

Sasso and Hoffman will have an Olympic redshirt available to them; Mendez, with two wins tomorrow would also qualify (maybe Fix is hurt, who knows). Returning 3 AAs, plus two formers in Kharchla and Hoffman, getting Bouzakis in the lineup another year developed. It's not a championship team, but it competes for top four I think. Then again, this is the optimistic take. Maybe Hoffman transfers? Maybe the lower weights can't bump up and someone misses out on a starting spot. Will be interesting to see.
Hepner will be in there somewhere

And the Bucks just went ahead by 2. I think it'll come down to the Yianni Sasso match, advantage Cornell.
Well we need to win these last two matches then right? Don’t think sass can beat yanni but who knows what can happen the way Spencer went down!

2023-03-18_Mendez.png

This dude is a warrior.
Two of those TB are over AA's.
I think Mendez lost to Latona in the dual at Covelli but i could be wrong.

Last edited:
Man, the duo of Smith and Romero is going to be hard to replace. The consistency they brought and the way they represented buckeye nation was second to none. Seniors like them give this program such a good name. It’s been an honor rooting for them each the last few years, quality wrestlers and quality human beings.

Man, the duo of Smith and Romero is going to be hard to replace. The consistency they brought and the way they represented buckeye nation was second to none. Seniors like them give this program such a good name. It’s been an honor rooting for them each the last few years, quality wrestlers and quality human beings.
I've long lamented that guys like Smith and Romero just kind of get forgotten. Two-time AA's at a big program are plentiful, but it's those types of guys that are so important to a culture and a program. Romero especially being an Ohio kid, D3 high school, not that far from Columbus. Extremally important for Ohio State that they were able to develop and support him and achieving a 3rd place finish as a senior is a great end.