NCAA day 2 (Fri) updates

No guarantee Heinselman AA's if healthy. He's more an R12 guy.

Mendez finishes top six
D'Emilio going for 7th
Sasso in the finals
Smith and Romero still to wrestle tonight

No guarantee Heinselman AA's if healthy. He's more an R12 guy.

Mendez finishes top six
D'Emilio going for 7th
Sasso in the finals
Smith and Romero still to wrestle tonight
Yea who knows sux for him that’s why I said maybe at the end. Maybe he would have wrestled better than expected like some of the bux did today!

No Malik, Smith, Romero, Orndorff. Not sure what next year holds.
Does everyone move up one weight? Playing around with this (I know, before the weekend is even up!)

125- Gonzalez
133- Bouzakis
141- Mendez
149- D'Emilio
157- Sasso
165- Gallagher
174- Kharchla
184- Shumate
197- Hoffman
285- Feldman

Sasso and Hoffman will have an Olympic redshirt available to them; Mendez, with two wins tomorrow would also qualify (maybe Fix is hurt, who knows). Returning 3 AAs, plus two formers in Kharchla and Hoffman, getting Bouzakis in the lineup another year developed. It's not a championship team, but it competes for top four I think. Then again, this is the optimistic take. Maybe Hoffman transfers? Maybe the lower weights can't bump up and someone misses out on a starting spot. Will be interesting to see.

Does everyone move up one weight? Playing around with this (I know, before the weekend is even up!)

125- Gonzalez
133- Bouzakis
141- Mendez
149- D'Emilio
157- Sasso
165- Gallagher
174- Kharchla
184- Shumate
197- Hoffman
285- Feldman

Sasso and Hoffman will have an Olympic redshirt available to them; Mendez, with two wins tomorrow would also qualify (maybe Fix is hurt, who knows). Returning 3 AAs, plus two formers in Kharchla and Hoffman, getting Bouzakis in the lineup another year developed. It's not a championship team, but it competes for top four I think. Then again, this is the optimistic take. Maybe Hoffman transfers? Maybe the lower weights can't bump up and someone misses out on a starting spot. Will be interesting to see.
I think that's a nice lineup. I've thought a lot of the OSU guys are cutting too much. I'm hoping with Karchla moving up and getting healthy we see a much improved wrestler. But he could be a shell of his former self similar to Lewis (that's total speculation about both karchla and Lewis on my end). That might be the fastest way to mentally break a guy, not being able to move the way they have in the past due to injury...

I'm hoping McCrone develops into something at 125, just because I really enjoy him as a person.

I dont see anyone touching PSU... for a long while...

Fourteen of the twenty finalists tonight have made an age level world team. Ten of them medaled, with seven winning a gold. Wrestle in the summer, wrestle Saturday night.

Pat Glory (2021 U23, 0-1)
Matt Ramos (2018 U17, gold medal)
Roman Bravo-Young (2016 U17, 1-1)
Vito Arujau (2016 U17, silver medal; 2019 U20, silver medal; 2022 U23, 0-1)
Yianni Diakomihalis (2015 U17, gold medal; 2016 U17, gold medal)
Levi Haines (2021 U17, 1-1)
David Carr (2016 U17, bronze medal; 2019 U20, gold medal; 2022 U23, 1-1)
Keegan O’Toole (2021 U20, gold medal)
Carter Starocci (2022 U23, bronze medal
Aaron Brooks (2017 U17 gold medal; 2018 U20, silver medal; 2019 U20, 0-1)
Nino Bonaccorsi (2022 U23, 0-1)
Tanner Sloan (2018 U20, 0-1; 2022 U23, silver medal)
Mason Parris (2019 U20, gold medal)
Greg Kerkvliet ( 2017 U17 gold medal; 2018 U17 silver medal; 2019 U23, 2-2)

125- Gonzalez
133- Bouzakis
141- Mendez
149- D'Emilio
157- Sasso
165- Gallagher
174- Kharchla
184- Shumate
197- Hoffman
285- Feldman

Are we ever going to see Decatur?

Spencer is finished wrestling in college. 1, 1, 1, 6.
I doubt he wrestles again, people ignore the level of movement he lost with 5 knee procedures, It was apparent in neutral comparing him from his first 2 seasons, give Ramos some credit but he is not as good as Tomasello Vito Suriano etc. Lee hasn't been 100 %in a while.

I was wondering last night if he'd take the mat today. I generally dislike Iowa guys (unless from Ohio) but always liked Spencer and wanted him to win his 4th. He's a classy guy who has battled injuries his whole career. I don't think he has a SR level journey with his injuries. He'll likely end up on the Iowa staff.

Wild to think about, but 1,1,1,6 is a worse result than Zain, Nolf, Nickal, Dieringer, Yianni, and probably what Starocci and Brooks (Carr potentially) are going to do. I think of Spencer as the most dominant wrestler of the last decade, but how quick your legacy changes with a 6th instead of a 1st.

IIs there a kid from Canton,Ohio(Carr) still left? I swore i heard them say in 2nd round or quarters there was a kid from Canton