NCAA bans Oklahoma State men's basketball from 2021 postseason

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Oklahoma State is the first program to be served with punishments by the Committee on Infractions as a result of the FBI's probe into college basketball recruiting.

The sanctions stem from a Level I unethical conduct charge against former Cowboys associate head coach Lamont Evans, who was one of 10 men charged in September 2017 in the federal government's investigation that led to Evans ultimately serving three months in prison in the summer of 2019.

nwwarrior09

I have no clue how Kansas basketball hasn't gotten hammered yet. Anything short of being severely crippled for several years is entirely unacceptable given what Oklahoma State has been given.

Omar

I have no clue how Kansas basketball hasn't gotten hammered yet. Anything short of being severely crippled for several years is entirely unacceptable given what Oklahoma State has been given.
A month or so ago, there’s was a story Kansas was supposed to get hit with massive sanctions and it just faded away. I don’t blame the NCAA for protecting one of their major brands at this point in time, but banning OK St while letting Kansas off the hook is wrong.

mcm.1019

Remember the time the NCAA was so fed up with the antics at UNLV that they put Cleveland State on probation? The premiere programs always get multiple passes.

nwwarrior09

Gina Ford is definitely a Karen that's looking for a huge payday to go away and stop making a scene.

In the current climate of college basketball I have little doubt Zion got cash and benefits for his one year of service, and what he got was probably nowhere near what he should have gotten for what he generated for Duke, college basketball and the broadcasting networks.

clarkgriswold

I think the NCAA is frying the small fish first.

Duke must be ****ting their gym shorts and hoping that the judge in the Williamson keeps some of the bad stuff from coming into evidence. That's really what the system needs though, somebody with the public perception of a Coach K getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar.