NBC 20-21

nwosportsfan

Rossford followed by Eastwood followed by everyone else? I saw Vorst scheduled a tough non league schedule. Should get them prepared for Central and company in the tourney.

Rossford should be #1, followed closely by Eastwood at #2.

3-6 could be a tossup. Fostoria lost some studs but should be in the mix. Genoa was sneaky good last year going 10-4 in the conference. I think they will be even better this year overall. They went 1-7 in non-con games last year. Otsego will be led by the Dzwiera kid who is having a great football season. Elmwood should be right around .500 again.

7-8 should be between Lake and Woodmore again. Lake should be better than what they are, but I believe they are a little under-coached. Woodmore just doesn't have the guys.

The Rossford guys look like they worked hard to improve their strength. That was much needed after watching them back down from physical play last year. They have a shot at getting out of the district with Neal leaving Rogers. Upping the non-league schedule was a good move. This will be a fun group to watch.

St. Francis
Ottawa Glandorf
St. Iggy
Not sure who they play the 1st game in their holiday tournament, but will play Clyde or Stritch in the 2nd game.

Nice schedule

1603729212025.png

Last edited:
The Rossford guys look like they worked hard to improve their strength. That was much needed after watching them back down from physical play last year. They have a shot at getting out of the district with Neal leaving Rogers. Upping the non-league schedule was a good move. This will be a fun group to watch.

St. Francis
Ottawa Glandorf
St. Iggy
Not sure who they play the 1st game in their holiday tournament, but will play Clyde or Stritch in the 2nd game.

Nice schedule

View attachment 11217
Southview is the 4th team.

Coleman no longer at Rogers and joining Neal out in Arizona at Hillcrest according to ehoopsohio.com. Rossford looking more like the district favorite.

Last edited:
Very impressed with the league as a whole thus far. Much deeper than expected.
Fostoria is a tough out when they play hard. Their athleticism causes issues.
Elmwood struggling with some injury thus far but are another gritty Traxler squad
Genoa is nothing flashy but solid on D. They will sneak up on someone.
Eastwood can score the ball, But defensively they have to get tougher if they want to battle with Rossford, and not have a surprise game.
Otsego has some nice pieces but not much depth. Tough 2 games to start. this group will get better as they play together more.
Rossford is good mainly because of their depth and size compared to the rest of the league. They need to improve in the quarter court O if they want to win the rest of their non league games/ make a run postseason.
Woodmore has created depth and has some seniors to help lead this year. tougher out than usual.
Lake has some guys that can play but their system is not helping them any. This group will get better.

This year has been very competitive for every game outside of Rossford. Every team has been competitive with eachother, not really any blow outs.

Rossford brings a lot from this years squad. But, they will certainly miss what Gaston and Croom did. Hard to replace those guys, but the cupboard isn't dry by any means. A healthy Vorst next year goes a long way and the younger Borovich should be solid at point guard. Morrison and older Borovich can handle it as well if needed.

Eastwood brings back a lot. They should be tough. I would think they can compete with Rossford next year. Maybe not beat them, but definitely put up a fight.

Elmwood will also be solid with Reynolds and Lentz returning.

Otsego...Jim Bostdorff hanging it up after 16 years at the helm. Who's taking that over? Dzwiera is back along with some other role guys.

Lake, Genoa, Woodmore, Fostoria all fighting it out again 5-8.

Rossford brings a lot from this years squad. But, they will certainly miss what Gaston and Croom did. Hard to replace those guys, but the cupboard isn't dry by any means. A healthy Vorst next year goes a long way and the younger Borovich should be solid at point guard. Morrison and older Borovich can handle it as well if needed.

Eastwood brings back a lot. They should be tough. I would think they can compete with Rossford next year. Maybe not beat them, but definitely put up a fight.

Elmwood will also be solid with Reynolds and Lentz returning.

Otsego...Jim Bostdorff hanging it up after 16 years at the helm. Who's taking that over? Dzwiera is back along with some other role guys.

Lake, Genoa, Woodmore, Fostoria all fighting it out again 5-8.

Rossford will be deeper and shoot it better. Gaston and Croom were mismatches for the rest of the league, though, in a way that I'm not sure can be replicated. At 10 or 11 deep, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to run and press teams out of the gym.

If Vorst stays healthy and remains on the floor, Rossford will be better next year especially if they continue to upgrade their non conference schedule, shoot fewer three pointers, and press less in the tournament.

Rossford will be deeper and shoot it better. Gaston and Croom were mismatches for the rest of the league, though, in a way that I'm not sure can be replicated. At 10 or 11 deep, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to run and press teams out of the gym.

They have 6 guys coming back who played solid minutes. I didn't see their JV team, do they have 4-5 guys coming up to get them to that 10-11 deep? I think finding 2 guys to get them to an 8 man rotation vs good teams is more likely. In the NBC they can play 15 guys and still win.

Deeper in the context of playing against the rest of the league - and having to play a couple of guys to get the same production they got out of one guy this year.

Assuming the Borojevich and Morrison brothers are 4/5 of the starting lineup, the backup PG, top wing defender, and outside shooting off the bench will be by committee. Not sure if the post players off the bench can add a couple more inches over the summer -but that would help, too.

They could start the Mullet and Vorst together. Then speed up the game after 3-4 minutes when they sub one of them out.