NBA thread

The Clippers probably have one of the 2-3 best rosters in the NBA IMO, and they might have more legitimate role player depth than anyone. They should be a serious championship contender if they can stay healthy.
I just don't see if for the Clippers. Now if you had a in his prime Kawaii Leonard and Paul George possibly, but Leonard especially has grown old and decrepit before our eyes.

Lebron James .............................................

1st in assists for forwards 7.8
2nd in forwards for rebounds 10.0
4th in scoring for forwards 25.3

How old is Lebron?

The Lakers just won the NBA Championship a couple years ago with Lebron on the TEAM. Lebron won the MVP on the series as well.

How many other teams can say they won the NBA Championship in the last couple of years?
That was a fabricated title as the Lakers were specifically built with two aging veterans, to sit for 4 months, then start a playoffs fully fresh, without the wear and tear of a season on them.
LeBron was a great player, but alot of his stats are simply because he's A. on the floor alot, and B. has the ball in his hands exclusively.

I used to love the NBA growing up from the tail end of the 80s, through the 90s, and even through the 2000s. I was a Knicks fan as a kid since Cincy didn’t have a team and I loved the hard-nosed, defense-minded play of the Knicks in the 90s. I remember the Dirk-Nash-Finley Mavs being super fun to watch, and then the Seven Seconds or Less Suns with Nash, Stoudemire, Marion, etc. I loved the Knicks’ 1990s rivalries with the Bulls, Pacers and Heat.

My interest started to wane when LeBron turned his back on Cleveland to form the superteam in Miami.

Now, outside of maybe Christmas Day games and last year’s Finals, I basically waved the white flag on the NBA after the 2019 Finals when Toronto beat Golden State.

Too much of the game is just shooting threes and flopping around trying to draw fouls. James Harden might be the worst perpetrator of this style of play. There are also seemingly no rivalries anymore. And too many guys miss too many games due to rest.

Lastly and most importantly, the NBA right now has a large amount of stars who are just not likable — and those teams seem to be on TV all the time. That list includes Kyrie Irving, James Harden, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard and Draymond Green. They’re all great players, but have significant flaws that make me not want to be a fan.

Meanwhile, I do like Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Giannis, Jimmy Butler and DeMar DeRozan, among others. But I don’t know if I’ll really ever get back to being much of an NBA fan.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Talk about a crazy series of events brewing in the east. The Nets have fired Steve Nash and want to hire suspended Boston coach, Ime Udoka, that has a sexual misconduct cloud hovering over his head.

Only in the NBA...

So the Nets now have as a cornerstone player a wacky antisemite and probably as a a coach a guy who is currently suspended for a year for sexual harassment. This ain’t Memphis or OKC but BROOKLYN. Think there a few Jews and progressive types living in that part of the country? What a serious cluster F.

So the Nets now have as a cornerstone player a wacky antisemite and probably as a a coach a guy who is currently suspended for a year for sexual harassment. This ain’t Memphis or OKC but BROOKLYN. Think there a few Jews and progressive types living in that part of the country? What a serious cluster F.
I love it. They just can't help themelves. Durant...Kyrie...Harden...Simmons...a head coach with no head coaching experience...now coach on suspension for boinking a subordinate... Why would you ever expect dysfunction?

How are things in Philly?? Off to a slow start, Embiid has missed consecutive games, now James Harden, yes, him again. Out for a month with a foot injury. Good heavens how did we ever get jobbed by him. At what point does a pro athlete feel guilty for being paid so much money and missing so many games?? Drives me nuts.

So basically, this Irving character is suspended for not admitting to having anti-semetic beliefs that would get him suspended.... I got this about right?

So let me get this right....right or wrong, an NBA player can be suspended for comments against Jews, but they can hate whites, or blacks, or mexicans or gays, or conservatives and it's fine? I don't like Kyrie, but I'm not sure the league wants to go down this road. Didn't Charles Barkley say that he hated white people during his playing days?

Here is the Nets' statement in full:

"Over the last several days, we have made repeated attempts to work with Kyrie Irving to help him understand the harm and danger of his words and actions, which began with him publicizing a film containing deeply disturbing antisemitic hate. We believed that taking the path of education in this challenging situation would be the right one and thought that we had made progress with our joint commitment to eradicating hate and intolerance.
We were dismayed today, when given an opportunity in a media session, that Kyrie refused to unequivocally say he has no antisemitic beliefs, nor acknowledge specific hateful material in the film. This was not the first time he had the opportunity - but failed - to clarify.
Such failure to disavow antisemitism when given a clear opportunity to do so is deeply disturbing, is against the values of our organization, and constitutes conduct detrimental to the team. Accordingly, we are of the view that he is currently unfit to be associated with the Brooklyn Nets. We have decided that Kyrie will serve a suspension without pay until he satisfies a series of objective remedial measures that address the harmful impact of his conduct and the suspension period served is no less than five games."

" Accordingly, we are of the view that he is currently unfit to be associated with the Brooklyn Nets."

I'm happy that the Cavs got rid of him, and I'm sure they are too. Addition by subtraction.

Last edited:
So let me get this right....right or wrong, an NBA player can be suspended for comments against Jews, but they can hate whites, or blacks, or mexicans or gays, or conservatives and it's fine? I don't like Kyrie, but I'm not sure the league wants to go down this road. Didn't Charles Barkley say that he hated white people during his playing days?
Players have been fined repeatedly for letting an anti-gay slur slip. The difference there is that they’re not actually amplifying and promoting anti-gay hate, and they typically apologize quickly for the slip.

I’ve never seen a player come forward to say they hate blacks or whites or Latinos, but rest assured they’d be suspended for a long time and effectively blackballed from the league going forward.

Kyrie got suspended for refusing to apologize for promoting an anti-Semitic movie and for not even being willing to say he’s not anti-Semitic.

As for owners, keep in mind Donald Sterling was forced to sell the Clippers for his attitude toward black people.

Why the Nets don’t just cut Kyrie, I’ll never know. He’s clearly not worth all the trouble, and he clearly thinks he’s smarter than everyone else and above everyone else when he’s not.

The sad truth is that if the Nets cut Irving, he wouldn't be out of the league for more than a week or two as some team would hire him believing they could overcome his vast myriad of issues. He's already fooled the Celtics and the Nets. He would clear waivers due to his contract and before you knew it would be on a team like the Lakers. The only people in this world with egos that approach Kyrie's are the owners, and one of them would think they could fix the problem.

The sad truth is that if the Nets cut Irving, he wouldn't be out of the league for more than a week or two as some team would hire him believing they could overcome his vast myriad of issues. He's already fooled the Celtics and the Nets. He would clear waivers due to his contract and before you knew it would be on a team like the Lakers. The only people in this world with egos that approach Kyrie's are the owners, and one of them would think they could fix the problem.
I don't think the Lakers would be an option...Kareem Abdul-Jabbar came out with some pretty strong comments about this situation...and I think Kareem still has a valued place within that organization. That being said, the Lakers are desperate.

The NBA cannot be happy as things look right now; the New York & LA teams are messes. Also two important markets in the Warriors and Heat are struggling. I know its early but the trends of small markets being good is not something the NBA will be looking forward to next spring.

The NBA cannot be happy as things look right now; the New York & LA teams are messes. Also two important markets in the Warriors and Heat are struggling. I know its early but the trends of small markets being good is not something the NBA will be looking forward to next spring.
Nights like Wednesday don’t help when the ESPN lineup is Knicks-Nets and Lakers-Clippers.

I don’t follow the NBA too much, but if your best teams are in Milwaukee, Cleveland, Boston, Denver, Phoenix, Golden State, Memphis, etc., then those are the teams who need to be featured over the New York and LA teams.

A bright spot in the so far rocky start for my Sixers. Joel Embiid over the weekend goes for 42 points Saturday night, and 59 last night. 101 points in two games., 21 rebounds, 14 assists and 9 blocks in two games.

Nights like Wednesday don’t help when the ESPN lineup is Knicks-Nets and Lakers-Clippers.

I don’t follow the NBA too much, but if your best teams are in Milwaukee, Cleveland, Boston, Denver, Phoenix, Golden State, Memphis, etc., then those are the teams who need to be featured over the New York and LA teams.

ESPN / TBS may need to "flex" games because the big boys are not good this season.

The Lakers just won the NBA Championship a couple years ago with Lebron on the TEAM. Lebron won the MVP on the series as well.

How many other teams can say they won the NBA Championship in the last couple of years?
Two. That's pretty damn easy math there sport. Yikes.

Lol @ Pat Beverley.

Roughly 1/5th of the way through the season, and the Lakers have the 5th worst record. Pelicans have to be salivating at having an unprotected/unconditional pick swap that seems to be likely to net them a top half of the lottery pick.