NBA thread

For you NBA lovers Beal is going for three in a row 50 point games so he gets drug tested and his opponents use a box in one against him,who can watch this crap?

RIP 2020 season for Philly, they needed Ben and Joel - healthy to have any shot. The Al Horford experiment blew up. But Joel and Ben are still young, the core is still good. They need to bring this group back next season, in tact, full off season and make a run next year. Will Bret Brown get to lead them, that remains to be seen. There's way too much talent on this team to play as poor on the road as they have. The pieces are in place.

Giving up on your boys so easy? Joel is only out for a week and Simmonds two weeks.So in 2 weeks Philly will be rested and healthy.

Giving up on your boys so easy? Joel is only out for a week and Simmonds two weeks.So in 2 weeks Philly will be rested and healthy.
I don't know bulldog, we've seen this all season, especially with Embiid. Can he sit for a week or two, get back in shape and be effective for the playoffs?? Can he play in multiple playoff series and be effective? Both players will be re-evaluated, not necessarily return. I think Philly needs to calm the waters, keep most of this roster in tact. They may need to make a coaching change I don't necessarily blame Bret Brown, but to me it's clear his word falls on deaf ears, and I believe coaching at the NBA level is least necessary of the major team sports.

To me the issue is this. How much coaching is Simmons and Embiid willing to take? Part of the problem with "the process" is there was expected losing and the bar was kept very low. There's always been the excuse, "they are young, they are developing". Ok that's fair, but this year, this team was put together to win. Not just compete. With Kawahi heading west, many took the Sixers and Bucks to be at the top of the east. The Sixers parted ways with two key pieces of last year's team in Jimmy Butler and JJ Redick. Two vets, but also two players who have deficiencies. In my mind, picking up Al Horford and Josh Richardson was meant to help this team defensively. Last year's team with Butler and Redick was not championship level. I love JJ, but he's a liability on defense, and you can't win a championship with a guard that can't guard. Espeicially in today's NBA where it's very guard oriented. JImmy Butler is good in short spurts, but he's never sustained success. I think if they kept him around this year he would had become a malcontent. This is Embiid and Butler's team, plain and simple. Horford knows that, Richardson knows that, Tobias Harris knows that.

So I think this year is virtually over. If for some reason Embiid and Horford come back and are healthy and stay heatlhy, Yes, they can beat anyone in the east. But that's a big if.

Imagine being a Warriors fan who bought tickets last October to see Steph and LeBron battle. Too bad.

Lebron really does have a groin problem. And he
Imagine being a Warriors fan who bought tickets last October to see Steph and LeBron battle. Too bad.

Lebron really does have a groin problem.And he reaggravated it while scoring 40 points against Zion and the Pelicans.

LeBron is clearly hampered by the groin injury, yet he can still score. I think where you notice the difference is on defense. Nothing against Zion, but he scored alot of his points on a less than enguaged LeBron on defense.
I think the Lakers will struggle in the post season when games mean more, LeBron's health will be a big factor for the Lakers.

I predict that the Clippers will win the rest of there games this year.There like those Golden State teams.

I also predict they will win there play-off games 4-0.There awesome now that they have there chemistry.

The Lakers beat the Clippers 112-103 to go to 49-13.AD lead the Lakers with 30 points.
Don't think for a moment that Doc Rivers doesn't have a few tricks up his sleeve he's not shown yet until the playoffs. He's too crafty. I think the Lakers are who they are, they won't change much for the playoffs.

Watching LeBron utilize the PnR to attack Lou Will and Morris over and over and over during the final few minutes was a thing of beauty.

The Lakers should be healthy and rested in the play-offs if the season resumes.

That should give Lebron(Groin) and AD(Elbow and knee) time to heal.

Don't think for a moment that Doc Rivers doesn't have a few tricks up his sleeve he's not shown yet until the playoffs. He's too crafty. I think the Lakers are who they are, they won't change much for the playoffs.

The Clippers get bounced out in the 2nd round of the play-offs.Didn't Doc Rivers use the tricks up his sleeve?

The Los Angeles Lakers dominate the Heat 106-93 to win the World Championship!!

The Lakers win there 17th World Championship!!

Led by Lebron's triple-double 28-14-10.Lebron wins the MVP!!

The Los Angeles Lakers dominate the Heat 106-93 to win the World Championship!!

The Lakers win there 17th World Championship!!

Led by Lebron's triple-double 28-14-10.Lebron wins the MVP!!
Congratulations to the Lakers for winning their 17th championship. The NBA pulled it off with the bubble when many didn't think they would. Just a few thoughts. After the first few days/ week of the social messaging etc, the league quickly pushed it to the back, knowingly or not. I just think you'll see less and less of this moving forward as the masses have spoken with incredibly low ratings. ESPN/ ABC has gone all in with the NBA / being woke, etc. and it's bad for their business. Regardless of who wins the election, they've lost viewers they'll never get back.
10 day ago, it was a forgone conclusion that the Lakers were going to sweep the lowly Heat. The fact that it got to 6 games tells me the Lakers did not dominate this series as projected. I'd even say the Heat earned more respect the last week than the Lakers. And let's stop with the narrative of the MVP. Anthony Davis is the Lakers MVP. He's their best player. I've said on here before that Lebron's ability to do what he's done at his age is remarkable. Unprecedented honestly. But he's slowed down, he picks his spots and he's not near the defender he once was. Anthony Davis is one of the best two way players in today's game and they don't win without him. Plain and simple. Also, playoff Rondo has been the wild card in a lot of this as well. I cannot imagine the kind of career he'd had if he was as focused during the season as he's been in two playoff runs.
Enjoy, LeBron has found his way to another championship by adding one of the best two way players and a bunch of defenders and they won it, give them credit.

Congratulations to the Lakers for winning their 17th championship. The NBA pulled it off with the bubble when many didn't think they would. Just a few thoughts. After the first few days/ week of the social messaging etc, the league quickly pushed it to the back, knowingly or not. I just think you'll see less and less of this moving forward as the masses have spoken with incredibly low ratings. ESPN/ ABC has gone all in with the NBA / being woke, etc. and it's bad for their business. Regardless of who wins the election, they've lost viewers they'll never get back.
10 day ago, it was a forgone conclusion that the Lakers were going to sweep the lowly Heat. The fact that it got to 6 games tells me the Lakers did not dominate this series as projected. I'd even say the Heat earned more respect the last week than the Lakers. And let's stop with the narrative of the MVP. Anthony Davis is the Lakers MVP. He's their best player. I've said on here before that Lebron's ability to do what he's done at his age is remarkable. Unprecedented honestly. But he's slowed down, he picks his spots and he's not near the defender he once was. Anthony Davis is one of the best two way players in today's game and they don't win without him. Plain and simple. Also, playoff Rondo has been the wild card in a lot of this as well. I cannot imagine the kind of career he'd had if he was as focused during the season as he's been in two playoff runs.
Enjoy, LeBron has found his way to another championship by adding one of the best two way players and a bunch of defenders and they won it, give them credit.

I agree Anthony Davis is the best player on the Lakers and they don't win without him.

I think the Lakers will find a 3rd piece and repeat as champions next year.

I agree Anthony Davis is the best player on the Lakers and they don't win without him.

I think that was LeBron's last title. It fit well for him this year. An 82 game regular season would wear him down at this point in his career. The fact that he didn't have to play all those games and go right into the playoffs after a 4 month break was perfect for him. Not sure who else would go there. Remember you play for LeBron, you don't play with him.

They don't win without LeBron either.........AD is not on the team without LeBron. ?