NBA thread

Philly takes down the Clippers 110-103.The Clippers fall to 37-17 and 5 games behind the Lakers in the loss colum.Both Paul George and Kawai played.

Philly takes down the Clippers 110-103.The Clippers fall to 37-17 and 5 games behind the Lakers in the loss colum.Both Paul George and Kawai played.
Philly is the best team in the league at home. They also played very well. High ceiling for the Sixer team. If they can figure things out and keep Embiid healthy, they can get out of the east.
Lakers are two dimentional. They are not going to have enough for a long playoff run. Too reliant on an ageing LeBron and an unproven post player in Davis. Not enough other talent to carry the team through droughts. Regular season you can get away with it.

Philly is the best team in the league at home. They also played very well. High ceiling for the Sixer team. If they can figure things out and keep Embiid healthy, they can get out of the east.
Lakers are two dimentional. They are not going to have enough for a long playoff run. Too reliant on an ageing LeBron and an unproven post player in Davis. Not enough other talent to carry the team through droughts. Regular season you can get away with it.

Anthony Davis
Lebron James
McGee
Avery Bradley
Danny Green

Play-off Rondo...Takes his game to another level in the play-offs.He is a very smart player and will figure you out in a 7 game series.

Kuzma
Dwight turn back the clock Howard.
Pope
Caruso

The Lakers have more depth than you think.

The Lakers beat Denver 120-116 in OT to go to 41-12 and take a 5 game lead on the Clippers and Denver in the loss colum.

It is all-star time for the Lakers.Lebron had a triple double and AD had a double double against Denver.

Lakers beat Denver 120-116 OT.Lebron had a triple double 32-12-14.AD went 33-10.

Lakers have a 5 game lead in the loss colum over the Clippers and Denver.

Lebron and AD are two of the top 5 players on the planet.Where Paul George is not close to being a top 5 player in the world.

I don't know if Kawai's knee will hold up in the play-offs and Paul George's hamstring is an issue.

Lebron and AD are two of the top 5 players on the planet.Where Paul George is not close to being a top 5 player in the world.

I don't know if Kawai's knee will hold up in the play-offs and Paul George's hamstring is an issue.
Today, LeBron is not a top 5 player, he was, used to be, but not today. The Clipps will have "more" better players come playoff time. If you are putting the Lakers playoff success on "playoff" Rondo, good luck. Lakers don't have enough good defensive guards. They'll get torched in the backcourt.
LeBron will have to play max minutes in the playoff games and will fatigue.

Paul George is not a top 10 player in the league.Besides he can't stay healthy.And Kawai has his own injury problems with his knee.

Kawai will have to play max minutes in the play-offs.The grind of the play-offs playing max minutes will take a toll on his knee.

On the other hand Lebron keeps getting stronger and better the longer the minutes he plays.

Avery "Defense" Bradley is a top notch defensive gaurd and has games and weeks of real good defense named after him.You didn't know that did you? AD is one of the best defensive players in the league and has Avery Bradley games and weeks named after him.And he leads the league in blocked shots.Trust me Avery Bradley will not get torched by no one.

Lebron leads the league in assists! And puts up 25 points a game with his playing minutes reduced this year.He will average 30 in the play-offs when his playing minutes goes up.Lebron is playing better than he did 2 years ago! Playing better defense to.

The Clippers got there work cut out for them being 6 games behind the Lakers in the loss colum.They will be playing without Kawai alot of games and Paul George out hurt.Plus the Clippers have no chemistry.

Talk to me when it's play-off time.

Nice to see Kevin Durant maintaining his reputation of being the whiniest little b!+¢π in the entire NBA, complaining now about the Warriors and Draymond. He and that loony wound licker Kyree will make quite a pair.

1-The Greek Freak
2-Lebron James...Leads the league in assists.
3-James Harden
4-Anthony Davis...The best defensive player in the league,along with Kawhi Leonard.Leads league in blocked shots.
5-Kawhi Leonard.

Luka Doncic
Damian Lillaid
Trae Young
Karl-Anthony Towns

Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry...You snooze you lose.
John Wall
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Kemba Walker

I probably forgot some like Embid,Bradley Beal,Jayson Tatum,etc.etc.

Who are your top 5 players? What about your top 10?
1-The Greek Freak
3-James Harden
4-Anthony Davis...The best defensive player in the league,along with Kawhi Leonard.Leads league in blocked shots.
5-Kawhi Leonard.

Luka Doncic
Damian Lillaid
Trae Young
Karl-Anthony Towns

Russell Westbrook
John Wall
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Kemba Walker

You might want to add... Chris Paul,Ben Simmons,Paul George,Rudy Gobert,Donovan Mitchell,Kyle Lowery,Kris Middleton,Adebayo,Siakam,Boogie Cousins,Klay Thompson,and I'm sure I forgot some.

Last edited:
I have to admit that the Clippers are now the best team in the NBA.They just got Reggie Jackson after the Detroit Pistons buyout.He is a good player who averages 13 points and 4.4 assists a game in his 9 seasons in the league.He averaged 15 points and 5 assists this year with the Pistons.

Jackson now joins Marcus Morris who the Clippers recently landed.The Clippers now have to much depth for any team in the NBA. The Lakers will have to try to win a championship next year if they pick up some players from free agency.

The Clippers schedule is pretty easy the rest of the way and they should end up with the best record in the West.

1-The Greek Freak
3-James Harden
5-Kawhi Leonard.

Luka Doncic
Damian Lillaid
Trae Young
Karl-Anthony Towns

Russell Westbrook
John Wall
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie Irving
Kemba Walker

Top 5 in the NBA (this season)
Kawhi Leonard
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Damian Lilliard
Anthony Davis
Ben Simmons
My assessment includes the players entire game, including field goal percentage, defense

It is much more of a negative to the Cavs and the NBA that a good basketball man like John Beilein basically gave up most of a 5 year contract to get away from the NBA, and he couldn't even wait until the end of the season. The NBA has the most sensitive, rabbit-eared players when it comes to any kind of negative criticism towards their product.
John Beilein isn't the problem, and actually the Cavs are not the problem. This in an inherent NBA institutional problem. John Beilein came to the NBA with a crystal clear reputation, a good basketball coach with no issues in the past. This isn't Rick Pitino, John Calapari or even Bruce Pearl, who's had their issues on and off the courts. Most NBA players only give lip service to saying they want to win and become the best players they can be.
For Andre Drummond, who's won nothing in the NBA, to take a defiant stance against Beilein says it all. Good luck to the Cavs trying to win with that guy.

Top 5 in the NBA (this season)
Kawhi Leonard
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Damian Lilliard
Anthony Davis
Ben Simmons
My assessment includes the players entire game, including field goal percentage, defense

Check out how the Lakers play when Lebron James is on the floor and when he is not on the floor.

Get back to me when you find this out.

The Lakers have a good chance to get Markief Morris if he clears waivers Sunday.He is the twin brother of Marcus Morris who plays for the Clippers.He is 31 years old and averaged 11 points a game and 3.9 rebounds a game this year for the Pistons.In his career he has averaged 11.6 points a game and 5.4 rebounds a game.He can play both forward spots and is a good rebounder and defender.

The Clippers got beat again...They are now 7 games behind the Lakers in the loss colum.They can't stay healthy.

And they have no chemistry.There is only one ball for all of there good players.The Lakers should get the #1 seed in the play-offs!

The Lakers have a good chance to get Markief Morris if he clears waivers Sunday.He is the twin brother of Marcus Morris who plays for the Clippers.He is 31 years old and averaged 11 points a game and 3.9 rebounds a game this year for the Pistons.In his career he has averaged 11.6 points a game and 5.4 rebounds a game.He can play both forward spots and is a good rebounder and defender.
Another old guy for LeBron, he does not trust young guys, period. I'll say it again, LeBron has a good regular season team. They will struggle in the playoffs. Clippers still a better overall team.

76ers get thumped by the Bucks. Simmons goes out with back pain while the rest of the team looks disinterested.
If Simmons is compromised or out for a significant period, I'll panic. They really need him and need him to play at a high level to make any playoff run.

Another old guy for LeBron, he does not trust young guys, period. I'll say it again, LeBron has a good regular season team. They will struggle in the playoffs. Clippers still a better overall team.

I agree...The Lakers badly needed to get Reggie Jackson.But they will not "struggle" in the play-offs.

If Simmons is compromised or out for a significant period, I'll panic. They really need him and need him to play at a high level to make any playoff run.

Are you having panic attacks yet? Simmons is out for 2 weeks and Embid can't stay healthy.

They need BOTH to be healthy in the play-offs.

Are you having panic attacks yet? Simmons is out for 2 weeks and Embid can't stay healthy.

They need BOTH to be healthy in the play-offs.
Yes, and yes...

However, this is why the pickups of Robinson and Burks were so important a few weeks back. I think they can hang in there for a few weeks, hopefully Ben is better and we'll be ready for the playoffs. There are very few if any back to backs in the playoffs. While losing Simmons hurts defensively, it also gives more time to some of our other guys that can score. Also I think it opens the floor some for Embiid on the block.

Now Embid is hurt.Philly got spanked by CLEVELAND.Both Simmons and Embid are hurt.

Philly relies on Simmons and Embid to much.:p

Now Embid is hurt.Philly got spanked by CLEVELAND.Both Simmons and Embid are hurt.

Philly relies on Simmons and Embid to much.:p
RIP 2020 season for Philly, they needed Ben and Joel - healthy to have any shot. The Al Horford experiment blew up. But Joel and Ben are still young, the core is still good. They need to bring this group back next season, in tact, full off season and make a run next year. Will Bret Brown get to lead them, that remains to be seen. There's way too much talent on this team to play as poor on the road as they have. The pieces are in place.